Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
opinion

I really want her to have more hits

SlayGagaloo

Featured Posts

She needs to WANT to have a hit. Right now it seems the opossite :(

Too many people here with moral superiority complex.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bitchimtrying

I think she might have expected the singles on this alum to do better on the radio, because all of her interviews/press was radio related and she sent dozens of bouquets of flowers to radio producers and DJ's. There really is nothing more that she can do, the music is amazing and radio playable, but they just refuse to play her.ย 

It just bothers me how like MR is getting "attention" but it's flopping on the hot 100 and it just gives me anxieties when I know we could at least get a top 30 with MR ya know? Like I wish her team would push her singles this era more and even if the radios are playing it or not, I feel like her team could still push it.ย 

SpookyKid

It's ok for you to want her to be on top

What is not ok is to try to control her

ย 

If she wanted to release PF 2.0 she would, she just doesn't want to

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

Delusional Aura
4 minutes ago, UK Monster said:

Well PI was a #12 hit here I can either take it or leave it and I love the song so its a #1 for me. She's one of the biggest stars in the world she still has hits she's just not dominating anymore but thats fine. Katy hasn't had a hit in half a decade beyonce hasn't had a hit in 8 years etc etc just chill

Roar and Dark Horse says Helloooooooo?ย :ladyhaha:

Reality

It just so happened that her first few albums had major success. Of course we'd all like her to have hits, that'd be great, but we should also remember that Gaga's not one to follow trends or patterns. She'll be herself, and if it works out, great, but if it doesn't, she'll just continue to be herself. Just Dance and Poker Face were like nothing on the radio, yet they were her biggest hits starting off.ย 

It's not that she doesn't want hits, it's just that she's going to continue to do the things she wants to do, and if that in turn gives her a big hit, then great!

๐ผ ๐’ฅ๐’ฐ๐’ฎ๐’ฏ ๐’ฉ๐ธ๐ธ๐’Ÿ ๐’œ ๐’Ÿ๐’ช๐’ฎ๐ธ ๐’ช๐น ๐’ฏ๐ป๐ธ ๐‘…๐ผ๐’ข๐ป๐’ฏ ๐’ฎ๐’ฏ๐’ฐ๐น๐น

barcodemonster
12 minutes ago, Yo GagaGaga said:

In only 8 year she's gotten a lot of moderate hits

-Just Dance

-Poker Face

-LoveGame

-Paparazzi

-Bad Romance

-Telephone

-Alejandro

-Born This Way

-The Edge of Glory

-You and I (US Hit)

-Marry The Night (It didn't chart well, but its remembered by most of the GP)

-Applause

-Do What U Want

I would love to see Gaga having every single she released be expected to land on the top 5 like it used to be, but she's had a lot of hits in her short career

+ Judas, if you're going to include MTN

edit: Also Dope went to #8 so we have that too for funzies

scan my barcode

Squeeshy Keety
24 minutes ago, OBEY said:

I want her to want to be on top of the world again.

I'm in love the the shape ofย  that concept.

They / Them ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ

ARTPOPwhore
32 minutes ago, SlayGagaloo said:

I mean, is it wrong that i want to see her topping the charts like she used to?

imho. she knew 100% that Joanne isn't remotely close to anything that's popular nowadays (or ten years agoย :sweat:)

but she released anyway.ย 

now I'm not complaining about this album because i LOVE it.

but why is she acting like she doesn't want to have more hits? (it was completely the opposite back in ARTPOP daysย 

for example, after February 2016 the hype was real, she could've easily released a bop with her long-time collaborator RedOne, but she didn'tย :toofunny:

commercial success isn't a bad thingย :emma:ย  or IS IT?ย 

what do you think?ย 

Ikr. She is the best and most talented star but wasted it all after a short time into her career. She had the potential to be like her peers who still top the charts and talked about as "iconic". Gaga is so forgotten and not appricated

Aga Gydal

She doesn't think her career is in a do-or-die situation like you, and many others, want to think it is. She probably believes she can make time for straightforward hits whenever the time requires it, but right now she wants to play around with new kinds of music while her career is still young.ย 

So many of her fans think that if she's not on top of the world then she's missing an opportunity. It's time to let that go. Her early career success was 95% sheer ****ing luck. For someone that stylized and brash, there was no way for her to keep that going.ย Her success right now is pretty much what it always would have been if her debut wasn't such a culture shock. Her music has evolved, her song-writing has improved, her reputation has increased tremendously, but some still think she's squandering opportunities or is on some sort of existential decline.ย 

She's playing the biggest gig of her life next week. She didn't play the Super Bowl in 2010. She's playing it in 2017, because of who Lady Gaga is right NOW. She'll likely have many more hits in her future, but if you want hits because you think she needs them, then you're being silly. If you want hits because you think that'll make you like her more, then let's talk about why that is.ย 

13VictorC
34 minutes ago, OBEY said:

I want her to want to be on top of the world again.

Me too, and there's nothing wrong with that.ย :noparty:

22 minutes ago, Kefir said:

giphy.gif200.gif

THIS is the Gaga that I miss!ย :giveup:

Where does she think she's goin'?!

22 minutes ago, Miky said:

She needs to WANT to have a hit. Right now it seems the opossite :(

I believe Gaga wanted to have "hits" with the Original LG5, but sheย changed the album direction and saved thoseย earlier songs for a future album.ย :huh:

WildAmerican

If she wanted to have a hit, she could with the SB coming up. She would need to drop the video day before/after the SB performance of the third single and actually get a radio deal. She doesn't seem to care about hits anymore, so it's frustrating for us.

Delusional Aura
25 minutes ago, UK Monster said:

4 years is half a decade

:ladyhaha:ย Over exaggerating I see. Don't mind me. I'm just feeling to be a c*nt todayย :cryga:

juicyjuicy

I'm all about artistic vision and stuff but when it comes to Gaga...

She needs the commercial success. I can't imagine her career going much further if her next album isn't sonically similar to what is popular on the radio. Clearly her label is trying to infuse "pop" to what Gaga and team have created for BTW, ARTPOP and Joanne, but she needs to make a pure pop album. A lead single with a feature artist who's killing it on the charts. And timely/good management of promo...

And no, she shouldn't wait another 3 years until this is released. She'll truly be "over" by then.

Archived