💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Gaga was mentioned in class

HOTNebraskaGuy

Featured Posts

Sergey Lazarev
2 minutes ago, OMonster said:

My teacher based a whole lesson on Gaga to help demonstrate Baudrillard's concept of simulacra and simulated reality. It essentially showed how Gaga is a 'symbol' of postmodernism - the idea that our world is now open-minded, ambiguous and relative. We can now make our own identities... just how Gaga did. 

Queen of academia. 

:giveup:

This is amazing teaching concept! :giveup: 

The Only One!

OMonster
Just now, Sergey Lazarev said:

This is amazing teaching concept! :giveup: 

I had a great teacher, honestly. 

Throughout the year, I had always been referring to Gaga and linking her to sociological concepts in debates, and sometimes even essays. The class found it entertaining, and I think our teacher obviously picked up on it... hence the Gaga-themed lesson. 

It's funny because my teacher was actually a Madonna stan. I always told her that Gaga was better, to which she disagreed :sweat: In her leaving letter to me (when I graduated high school), she wrote that 'one day, I know you will grow to appreciate the queen of pop: Madonna'. In response, I emailed her a load of intellectual Gaga interviews to prove how she was more than just a mainstream artist. 

Iconic teacher. I loved her so much. Such an inspiring lady. 

:giveup:

Spoiler

I really went off on a tangent there, I'm so sorry :emma: I just miss high school, mannn. 

subtext / fantasy

HOTNebraskaGuy
27 minutes ago, Squeeshy Keety said:

My English teacher two years ago played BTW in front of the class as an example of modern Transcendentalism/Romanticism, and it made my f*cking day :diane:

That's what mine was over!!!

One, five, ten lay a million on me

John Slayne
31 minutes ago, HOTNGaga said:

And then she recited a part of BTW. 

Bible reading is shookT :whitney: ha impact 

ElectricAlley

Oh my god my English teacher mentioned gag yesterday too! We were doing an anticipation guide for the book "1984" and we were talking about if the government should have control over what's on tv, and Janet jackson's halftime controversy was brought up, and how it changed a lot of regulations in the Tv world. Then he literally said "the FCC deserves control, what if in 2 weeks I'm watching the super bowl, and lady gaga's penis falls out?" AND I TRULY DIED. :sharon:

John Slayne
10 minutes ago, OMonster said:

she wrote that 'one day, I know you will grow to appreciate the queen of pop: Madonna'.

:sharon: me as a teacher tbh :toofunny:

Ariel Espevold

My class were talking about post-modernism in media class and on the opening for the presentation my teacher also had Gaga there. He told us he thought it was just to stand out and I explained the rights statement, and he was like "cool". Later in the same class he showed us the music video of Die Antwoord were they trashed Gaga.

I was in a course about Narrative Perspectives of Life in my college. The lecturer played Bad Romance and taught us all the stuff Gaga portrayed in the video. I was low key hyped even though half the class was uninterested. After that in my personal presentation I included Gaga's impact on my life my lecturer gave me an A-. 

Just 20 minutes ago I was in a Pop Music course, my lecturer used DWUW as example for EDM and genre blending pop music. She also played Gaga's La Vie En Rose when talked about Jazz singing style. Such a low key Stan my lecturer is :giggle:

In my literature class too. My openly gay award winning poet tutor also used Gaga's lyrics in ARTPOP album as example for something. I wasn't paying attention but my classmate woke me up and all I heard was how she praised her intelligence 

so many lecturers at my college love Gaga. When will the GP?

JesseBabe

Lady Gaga has actually been in quite a few of my college textbooks :giveup:. The most recent one I can think of was last term. She was in one of my texts for my Fashion Forecasting and Market Analysis class. They used her Versace ad, referencing to celebrities being endorsed by high end labels to attract new costumers.

Archived