Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
news

Justin Tranter Wrote a Song with Gaga

soixont

Featured Posts

PropaGaga

Justin Tranter says he wrote with Gaga about 9 months ago and then she started working with Mark, which caused the shift in direction, but she was already discussing working with Mark in April 2015 after meeting at the Met Gala. This was less than two months after she had been working with RedOne. They finally booked studio time by the end of that year once she was done with AHS. She played him a couple demos and the project officially began in February 2016. But what is time when you're working as much as  Justin Tranter has for the past two years?

Working on an album is an experimental process that sees artists writing/recording hundreds of songs. Gaga was always wanting to go for something more organic, she just didn't know how that would sound. She expressed this desire all the way back in 2013 when she said she wanted to work on an acoustic record with Rick Rubin. I even mentioned it the same week she started working with RedOne in 2015 that they had demoed a handful of tracks, but also that she wasn't sure if she'd be using any of the material. None of this means there is a "scrapped" project or "original plan" with some futuristic visual concept and filled to the brim with radio tailored smashes. It just means that, much like every album ever recorded, there's material she worked on that didn't fit her vision. A lot of 2015 was spent discovering what she wanted to do, how she wanted to do it, and who she wanted to do it with.

There's always a chance she'll revisit previously unreleased material if she feels it's relevant to a project she's working on. It's the same reason she could write "Angel Down" in 2013 and, even though it wouldn't make it onto ARTPOP, it still found a place on Joanne. Maybe the RedOne songs will fit the next album. I know I'm interested in hearing a couple of those and the song she wrote with Justin. I've always wanted them to work on a proper track together.

Either way, I feel like dwelling on these assumptions that are based on not a whole lot (beyond a lack of understanding of how the recording process works) is pretty distracting.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GagaTheExplorer
2 hours ago, SpaceAce said:

But you didn't end the conversation? You just pretended to by giving me snarky comment about how you can't be bothered to respond. And thus, we're still talking. You're not a better person for not using "swear words" or for calling me out for using them. More polite, I'll give you that. 

Can I just say it's so funny that I directed my original comment at absolutely no one in particular but people found a way to be personally affected by it and bring themselves into a conversation where I HAD TO address them. I did not anticipate the pearl clutching but I guess I should have.

And then the people who did respond and argue with me eventually realized they did so for no good reason because they realized the post wasn't about them? This is CRAZY. 

is someone paying you for being a complete rat? :nails:

StarryNight
43 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

Nobody said this ^^ She worked with DJWS, Nile, Elton, Diane, Tranter and most probably met Moroder, all in 2015... But the fact is all of them were also scrapped... So she definitely had another project that was completely cancelled when she met Mark Ronson and his team and wrote all their songs on Joanne. 

I know

look at this

2 hours ago, StarryNight said:

I have feeling that even if gaga confirmed that she scraped whole album before Joanne that you would continue with this bs

I guess you misread my post where I mentioned redone :D

Helxig

Pretty sure though that the main reason she changed direction so drastically is because David Bowie died, which caused her to think about life, her career, and the legacy that she wants to leave behind when she herself dies. That was about the time she started saying that she was writing music that will be timeless and meaningful, which Joanne is.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

GagaMyBlood95

Obviously, the concept was totally different until Mark came around. So, even though i really love Joanne, I would like to hear the stuff before they started working together!

gagzus
12 hours ago, Leeo said:

LOL sis there are, even here on GGD.

There are people who say that she just had like "few tracks with RedOne but nothing else, not really an Album or anything"... 

Funny to imagine a mindset making u discard ur whole body of work for something new

The point still stands and is true because writing songs =/= recorded, mastered and ready to go songs, in fact this supports mine and many others theory that she had no clue what direction she was heading in at all and was playing around with sounds and writing techniques until she met Mark and he made her realise what direction she wanted to go into. Her story of him saying to her "so what do you really want to say now" and her basically saying "I don't know" then him encouraging her to make the title track in one take on the fly proves that as well.

She was playing around with basic pop beats and concepts and had no direction till spring 2016 and all the evidence supports that.

nattuggla

I still have the feeling that some of the scrapped songs from 2015 will somehow see the daylight in any way.... wasn't Bloody Mary produced during TFM but made the cut on BTW with the thought it would fit more to the theme of BTW?!

I still think that Gaga wanted to release the scrapped Redone songs but then she thought it wouldn't be the right time or project to release it at this time point also because of David Bowie's death which triggered something in her to change plans. 

It still would be awesome to see what she has created with RedOne, Diane, Elton and Niles Rogers.... I wish she would make a re-release with some of these songs.

Teri Hatcher

im just pressed.

By the time you reach the end of this sentence, it'll be too late to realize I just wasted your time with a pointless sig.

TEANUS

The original concept, demos, and work on LG5 seemed like it could've been ready to be at least announced around the Grammys/ early 2016. We've had reports that the original Grammy's performance WAS going to be the original, lead single with the Intel collaboration but Bowie's death influenced her to change direction and tribute him at the show.

My theory is that she had been contemplating using work from both Ronson and all the other producers she originally worked with to release as LG5 and was to perform the lead single at the Grammys. However, Bowie's death influenced her to finalize the change and to follow her heart and finish LG5 with Ronson, officially becoming Joanne.

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

DeanWinchester

really really really REALLY like how people still ignore Ronson's quote himself that the direction of Joanne happened ONLY on the second day he and Gaga worked together

e87a13135e79d91516fe02ac3318c64d.gif

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

TEANUS
2 hours ago, PropaGaga said:

She played him a couple demos and the project officially began in February 2016.

This goes along with what I said 

2 minutes ago, TEANUS said:

My theory is that she had been contemplating using work from both Ronson and all the other producers she originally worked with to release as LG5 and was to perform the lead single at the Grammys. However, Bowie's death influenced her to finalize the change and to follow her heart and finish LG5 with Ronson, officially becoming Joanne.

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

14 hours ago, Kefir said:

Gaga in the moment when she knows that we know

CV0k7BBW4AQoRIY.jpg

Ohh, her old beautiful face. I don't even know her now. :giveup:

PropaGaga
10 minutes ago, TEANUS said:

This goes along with what I said 

No lead was chosen at that point. Gaga hadn't even played anything to Interscope until the last week of April 2016, which is when they told her they didn't hear anything that could lead the project. It was way more stripped back than what we have now at that point. That's about when the label had BloodPop come in and make the production a little more modern with chopping samples and other stuff. Mark Ronson mentioned this in a recent interview as well. They worked on "Perfect Illusion" which was crafted with the intent of being the lead single and then reworked other songs from there. That's really when the album took form and how they wrapped it up as fast as they did.

Archived