Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why Gaga doesn't have hits anymore

Quark

Featured Posts

9 minutes ago, dancewithnobody said:

DIC is coming :sure:

If the K was there this'd b perfect. :gaycat:

Yes, I also do love partying in moving houses as seen in that one Bacardi tv ad.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, dopega said:

read the OP :nails:

Ikr, but buying singles and streaming don't necessarily make anything trendy you know what I mean 

Edit:  Gangnam Style didn't sell well , PPAP's streaming power wasn't so good,  people just followed the trend and film their own videos

FATCAT
8 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Well, that could have been a trend of itself but it just did not work out (at least not yet). Her newest music is just much more mature and not as catchy for younger audiences to appreciate.

Joanne would have never taken off like that. Sure, it's mature, but it's still catchy. It's just that the genre is archaic.

Purr more, hiss less.

SEXODUS

You can do the type of music that you want and still capture the teens' interest :emma: 'cause I don't believe her past music wasn't what she wanted in terms of art, so I guess she didn't try her best this time around. Let's deal with it and move on already.

OP: I'm glad that she's really cemented her place in the industry. She's got creative freedom more than most, and simply put I think it's great. If anything, I think it's wonderful that shes able to share her music on her own terms without following into trends so much, it makes the music special, and more honest in that way. 

Yes, I also do love partying in moving houses as seen in that one Bacardi tv ad.

3 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

Joanne would have never taken off like that. Sure, it's mature, but it's still catchy. It's just that the genre is archaic.

And by the genre being "archaic" it makes her music not trendy. It just comes back to the same point. Although Joanne is actually much more forward thinking then you are giving it credit. It provides and interesting mix of genres with modern touches.

Ryusei

No sh*t sherlock? I'm glad she isnt doing what is trendy rn cause i hate it. I wouldnt be against her making pure pop bops again but she does what she wants to do so.. leave ha

Musery

FATCAT
Just now, Enigma said:

And by the genre being "archaic" it makes her music not trendy. It just comes back to the same point. Although Joanne is actually much more forward thinking then you are giving it credit. It provides and interest mix of genres with modern touches.

Yea, it's not trendy, but it's not that much different from her past work. It's just disguised in an archaic genre.

Purr more, hiss less.

2 minutes ago, Vodka said:

OP: I'm glad that she's really cemented her place in the industry. She's got creative freedom more than most, and simply put I think it's great. If anything, I think it's wonderful that shes able to share her music on her own terms without following into trends so much, it makes the music special, and more honest in that way. 

Yes. And her always strong album sales proves that she has many loyal fans and many older people that take her seriously as an artist.

DemeLarell
13 minutes ago, thezeitergeist said:

can we stop with this type of thread please? It's so annoying seeing a new one of these everyday...

this this this

1 minute ago, FATCAT said:

Yea, it's not trendy, but it's not that much different from her past work. It's just disguised in an archaic genre.

I think this is only true for some songs (PI, DIC, and DH). However this album has much more storytelling and intricate song structures then her previous albums.

3 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Yes. And her always strong album sales proves that she has many loyal fans and many older people that take her seriously as an artist.

Bingo! We have a winner! :whitney:

10 minutes ago, SEXODUS said:

You can do the type of music that you want and still capture the teens' interest :emma: 'cause I don't believe her past music wasn't what she wanted in terms of art, so I guess she didn't try her best this time around. Let's deal with it and move on already.

You can. But it just so happens that what she chose to make is not "young-friendly" (at least in general). It was simply her choice.

Helxig

:golfclap:

You said it all!

Another point could also be that her long time audience who was 16-25 when she first came out, is now in the 24-33 age range. And you're right, we're less inclined to stream and buy singles. I still buy CDs... and I only just started streaming when Joanne came out specifically for her, (even though I love Spotify now). And we are also less likely to care about going to clubs or listening to songs about sex and drugs.

Add that to the fact that her newer audiences who latched onto ARTPOP and especially Joanne are likely part of that audience too, you now have a majority audience who doesn't follow pop trends.

This is also why her music doesn't do so well on radio now!

Both because it's not so that radio type of music, and because her listeners might be less inclined to request or even listen to the radio.

I'll be myself until they fƫcking close the coffin.

Archived