💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Are we putting to much faith in the halftime show?

Oscar

Featured Posts

Panchecco

She's fine, her career is still in its first years... She has so much time ahead of her.

just sit back, relax and enjoy the ride :hor:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Monsterish

Are We Putting To Much Faith In The Halftime Show?

Probably :ladyhaha:

Yes but are you prepared for the worst?

Yes, after Million Reasons video I'm prepared for the worst :saladga:

The Child

People act as if Gaga doing the SP half time show was the second coming. :sweat:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

StrawberryBlond

We saw what it did for Beyonce's career. That's what a SB performance can do for your career if you do it right. So, no, with that potential, I don't think we are putting too much faith in it, we are treating it with 100% logic and fact.

Branflakes

I will still be here if her career fades into oblivion... At least I won't have to go bankrupt every time she decides to go on tour D: lol 

The way I see it, the super bowl will either mark the start of a new age in Gaga's career and push her to the front again, or it will serve as the grand finale in Gaga's career as a relevant mainstream pop artist

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

Dorothy Gale
8 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

We saw what it did for Beyonce's career. That's what a SB performance can do for your career if you do it right. So, no, with that potential, I don't think we are putting too much faith in it, we are treating it with 100% logic and fact.

This. A halftime show usually does amazing things for artist and even if it doesn't cause Joanne to skyrocket on the charts it'll still be apart of Gaga's legacy forever. I think this will reinvigorate Gagas career because she'll be able to show her talent to many people that don't usually look for her. I mean the Oscars are great, but the audience is already more familiar with Gaga more so than the str8 football watching crowd. If anything it'll improve her tour sales, honestly it'll be hard to **** this up. 

bitchimtrying

I think what will help is if she brings someone out who's old school like Elton John or Sting, they aren't as relevant to younger generations but older people will know who they are and eat that stuff up.  But she's probably gonna have someone like Ariana or Sia perform with her and that's all anyone will talk about: i.e when Katy Perry bought out Missy Elliot. 

Sepsami
4 hours ago, AlexanderMagno said:

Right now, I'm not even hoping for a new commercial success from Gaga. Even if the SB is huge and everyone loves it, I've lost hope about her chart success.

I'm just praying that the show is amazing. For me, the worst is not Gaga fading into oblivion, it's Gaga doing an underwhelming show (I find that quite likely to happen).

In what world :oprah: Am I the only one that's not doubting she'll put on a good show? Yeah chart succes is difficult for her but if there's anything I've never worried about it's her live performances :diane:

Sepsami
5 minutes ago, bitchimtrying said:

I think what will help is if she brings someone out who's old school like Elton John or Sting, they aren't as relevant to younger generations but older people will know who they are and eat that **** up.  But she's probably gonna have someone like Ariana or Sia perform with her and that's all anyone will talk about: i.e when Katy Perry bought out Missy Elliot. 

Katy Perry's SB was amazing though :diane: My favorite of them all

Spoiler

Atleast until february 5 :sis:

AlexanderMagno
2 minutes ago, Sepsami said:

In what world :oprah: Am I the only one that's not doubting she'll put on a good show? Yeah chart succes is difficult for her but if there's anything I've never worried about it's her live performances :diane:

She's in a different place right now, and I'm not sure we can expect the extravaganza show everyone expects for the SB. I hope she proves me wrong, but we all know this won't the the SB show we've all been waiting for since TFM.

Anyway, at least we know she's bringing lots of dancers, so that's something.

(don't get me wrong, my perfect SB would involve her alone and a piano in the middle of the stadium, but I haven't been overwhelmed with her latest performances)

No. Gaga is an exciting performance and she deserves this spot and is the perfect entertainer of our current time for it. Gaga will do everything possible with her time to make this a stand out performance that will show that she is worthy.

Gaga has cemented her name and sound in the entertainment world, she may not win over the people who just refuse to give her any credit, but she will never just go away and this spot as performer at the most spectacular event of each year will live up to all that she is known to have worked so hard for, her entire life.

I have faith and it is no mistake.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

badboymonsterx

all i know is that she needs to bring it. i hope if she does have a surprise appearance from another celebrity that they don't outshine her a la missy elliot/katy perry. I would much rather her go all out with choreography, makeup, fashion, vocals. she needs to shine and be great, otherwise what will have been the point? 

and yes, this is a big deal y'all. some of you people act like this is not the biggest performance of her life when it is. she needs to be on point :unicorn:

djBuffoon
19 hours ago, Benji said:

I'm just looking forward to the show. Any extras like more sells etc. are just well deserved extras.

This, really. All I'm hoping is that the show will blow my mind. If it increases her sales (which it will, regardless of how much), that is just gravy.

Archived