Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
opinion

Are we putting to much faith in the halftime show?

Oscar

Featured Posts

TheKillerQueen

Wish i had the faith, but I don't know. 

Lace up my boots, throw on some leather and cruise.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SychosSoChic

Yes we are.

But I mean, if we don't have the Superbowl Halftime Show, what do we have? :ladyhaha:

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

Batwings

I'm honestly not worried. Any time Gaga has a performance planned long in advance, things usually go well. (The only exception is when she starts changing things at the last minute which I imagine isn't possible with the Super Bowl, since I think everything has to be approved beforehand.) Just relax and enjoy the show.

AlexanderMagno

Right now, I'm not even hoping for a new commercial success from Gaga. Even if the SB is huge and everyone loves it, I've lost hope about her chart success.

I'm just praying that the show is amazing. For me, the worst is not Gaga fading into oblivion, it's Gaga doing an underwhelming show (I find that quite likely to happen).

1 minute ago, ThisGuyTony said:

Deleting Joanne and all of her music if Million Reasons doesn't go #1 after the show. :diane: 

Same

HauntingHollow

You guys are putting way too much faith in it, acting as if she is gonna end the world, everybody is gonna love her and her sales will sky rocket, none of that is going to happen, i am kinda sceptic about the performance itself too :saladga:

You can not hide if nobody pays attention to you :*

Bolkins

Firstly, she's deffo relevant again. Since Joanne dropped I don't know how many hipster instagays I've seen paying homage to that album cover with their pink hats, a few years back it was v uncool to even admit to being a Gaga fan and now people are celebrating her again. I was in a hipster-y home interiors pop up shop yesterday and they were playing the album. 

Secondly, I can only remember one major public performance that left people with a sour taste and that was the Bowie tribute, which was always going to be tough. People are here for her and I think the GP like that she tries and people recognise her efforts (oscars and the national anthem) like if she slips up it's hardly going to destroy a decades worth of work. 

I think after everything that has happened we should be thankful that she's been able to pull it together and now we're weeks away from the biggest moment of her career yet. 

Not the bore worms!

Smarticle

I thought there were a couple of threads telling us to keep our expectations low already :oprah:

Justice for Grigio Girls!!!

38 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

I see the Superbowl as the final arc, after that, things will sort of... dissolve.

It looks like the final Boss doesn't it?

with Gaga i never forget that life is a struggle tbh

OT: Many here expect the miracle to happen. I wish we could just enjoy a show without all this pressure and expectations.

Some people's expectations are way too high, thinking that it will revive the Joanne era and will get the next single to be a hit, and that everyone will love Gaga again :S

The only fact that NFL or whoever said that the views might be down 8% from last year is enough for her to be trashed to the pits, and I can't imagine if she pulls a Joanne era performance and bring guests as Tony or Elton, wearing a cowgirl outfit

I, myself, keep my expectations super low and expect disappointment because any low expectation I had was still too high to what Gaga delivered

Archived