Die With A Smile Spotify Banner
news

Gaga working with Dallas Davidson and Brian Kennedy

Infinity Wave

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, Daydream said:

If her next album is anything but pop, I'm resigning from her fanbase. 

There seems to be this impression that pop music and pop culture is artificial, immature, and generic. I understand that Lady Gaga does not want to associate with the current state of pop music and pop culture, but I think it is pretentious and hypocritical of her to assume that she is superior to it when she literally launched her career through pop music and lives a privileged life through the lens of pop culture because her fans loved her pop music and visuals.    

She used to be an artist that set a high standard for the industry, but now she is such a forgettable singer. I am looking forward to her Superbowl performance, but only because I know she will surely bring the hits that we all love. However, her next album is a make it or break it moment for me as a fan, and I'm sure for many others as well.

I realize this post is a little harsh, but she's been so inconsistent and incoherent sonically and visually and it feels like I am supporting a completely different person. For instance, Madonna and Rihanna always pull different aesthetics and personas with each album and era, but they are still cohesive as an artist and brand. Even though I somewhat enjoyed Joanne, the sound and visuals are not Lady Gaga at all, especially compared to her prior four albums. "Pop music will never be low brow" my ass. People often say that pop culture (fans and media) gave up on her, when in reality, it's Lady Gaga that gave up on pop culture just because she was slightly criticized during the ARTPOP era, and it wasn't even for her pop music, it was because of her appearance (weight), her failed projects (ARTPOP app and volantis), and because of the way she would describe her album in an ambiguous fashion that turned a lot of people off (reverse warholian expedition).

This is coming from someone that followed her ever since 2008 when she was interviewed on eTalk and premiered her video for Just Dance, which was way before her Miss Universe 2008 performance.

A million likes would not be enough.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Infinity Wave
4 hours ago, macca said:

Sinners prayer says hi (worst song in herstory)

I know it's not an album but Joanne is not commercial pop. It's heavily folk country orientatated it was a risk and it didn't pay off. 

Time to head back to pop now gags. Remember, "pop music will never be low brow" :awkney:

First thing first: Sinner's prayer is the worst song in her story IN YOUR OWN OPINION

And, Joanne may not be pop, but it makes no sense believing that Gaga should do a pop album just to sell well. The intention of Joanme wasn't to sell that well, neither she thought that it would have paied of that much... come'on she kowns the GP is not that interested in her anymore, so why just try to please it? Why not making the kind of music that you like? 

And, I like to repeat it, there are a LOT of fans (me too) who like country and who LOVE Joanne.

I'd like to say that I love every and each one of Gaga's album (yeah C2C too), and love songs like pf, br, jd, btw, etc. I just like different kind of music, and I like to change. So, I'm not saying I wouldn't want her to deliver another BR level of slayage song, just saying that I would also love to hear more country themed music from her.

But, I can understand those who are salty, cuz they do not like country music. It's absolutely normal to be a little sad and salty, but please do not make this thread a place where to come to say "ok goodbye gaga" but rather a place where to discuss about her music in a positive way, maybe trying to understand why other people love country and why other people don't.

Colourful

VOLANTIS
21 hours ago, Tokyo Rose said:

Looks like a real winner!

2mUlxfH.jpg

Okay this is not cool. What is she thinking? And she better not pull the "I didn't know about this" because it's her+her team's job to know the people she's working with. 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

5 hours ago, Daydream said:

There seems to be this impression that pop music and pop culture is artificial, immature, and generic. I understand that Lady Gaga does not want to associate with the current state of pop music and pop culture, but I think it is pretentious and hypocritical of her to assume that she is superior to it when she literally launched her career through pop music and lives a privileged life through the lens of pop culture because her fans loved her pop music and visuals.    

She used to be an artist that set a high standard for the industry, but now she is such a forgettable singer. I am looking forward to her Superbowl performance, but only because I know she will surely bring the hits that we all love. However, her next album is a make it or break it moment for me as a fan, and I'm sure for many others as well.

I realize this post is a little harsh, but she's been so inconsistent and incoherent sonically and visually and it feels like I am supporting a completely different person. For instance, Madonna and Rihanna always pull different aesthetics and personas with each album and era, but they are still cohesive as an artist and brand. Even though I somewhat enjoyed Joanne, the sound and visuals are not Lady Gaga at all, especially compared to her prior four albums. "Pop music will never be low brow" my ass. People often say that pop culture (fans and media) gave up on her, when in reality, it's Lady Gaga that gave up on pop culture just because she was slightly criticized during the ARTPOP era, and it wasn't even for her pop music, it was because of her appearance (weight), her failed projects (ARTPOP app and volantis), and because of the way she would describe her album in an ambiguous fashion that turned a lot of people off (reverse warholian expedition).

This is coming from someone that followed her ever since 2008 when she was interviewed on eTalk and premiered her video for Just Dance, which was way before her Miss Universe 2008 performance.

This. so. fuking. much.

And also the hypocrisy that comes out through what she stands for and who she works with is disgusting. Ever since DWUW I feel like I don't know this girl anymore.

HOTNebraskaGuy
6 hours ago, Daydream said:

Lady Gaga has promised from day one that she'll always change, and if you have a problem with her not sticking to a certain theme or genre or sound, then it's unfortunate you've stayed with her so long...

"When people think that they know what Lady Gaga is. I want to remind them that they don't" 

One, five, ten lay a million on me

RocketNumberNine
On 14.01.2017 at 2:35 PM, ViviLittleM said:

People saying 'f*ck country I've had enough' when the only country song on Joanne is Sinner's Prayer :poot:

the album THEME ıs Country & Rock

8 hours ago, BeyerJ said:

Okay so what the **** do you think it means for something to "pay off"???? Honestly it seems like a lot of people pretend that Gagz is their Barbie and when she doesn't do something they want they pitch a fit....

@macca fun fact i was really wasted when i posted this and do not remember it. I apologize for my aggression lol.

8 hours ago, Daydream said:

You nailed it

I'm on the edge of giving up on her.

IMO. She will just keep losing stans if she's heading to this direction.

holy scheisse
21 hours ago, Darren92 said:

It's funny you should say that when those "basic pop bops" are the foundation of her career. Nice try though.

They weren't basic when they came out. Her sound became standard. Making them now basic in retrospect. :excuseu:

Bloody Matt

Idk why some people can't just leave if they don't like the direction she's going in. It's been obvious since 2014. It's been three years...

HOTNebraskaGuy
3 minutes ago, Bloody Matt said:

Idk why some people can't just leave if they don't like the direction she's going in. It's been obvious since 2014. It's been three years...

This. People love to talk about leaving but never actually do. Like just go lol no one needs your negative **** 

One, five, ten lay a million on me

40 minutes ago, Bloody Matt said:

Because we're still holding out hope for something amazing that will make us excited. It's not easy to unstan her. She's been part of my life since the fame.

Bloody Matt
13 minutes ago, RudzXinc said:

Because we're still holding out hope for something amazing that will make us excited. It's not easy to unstan her. She's been part of my life since the fame.

Well then wait and hold out hope without spamming the forum with annoying and unconstructive complaints. This way you can let other people who enjoy this direction enjoy it freely without others spoiling the fun.

I'm not talking about you in particular btw. Don't take it personally.

GagaTheExplorer
13 hours ago, SpookyKid said:

Obviusly some of the GP do know about it, but it's just simply not cool to like Gaga like it is to like Beyonce or The Weeknd

my point is they might know about the album, but they don't really pay attention to it like they used to do with her previous records

Archived