💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Don't expect too much

Impostor

Featured Posts

Impostor

If you are too hyped for Gaga's Super Bowl and you think she is going to make a whole presentation of her biggest hits, you should not be expecting that much. I'm not saying she won't deliver, but looking at the setlists of Madonna and Beyoncé I realized they haven't played many iconic songs.

Madonna only played three main songs: Vogue, Music and Like a Prayer. The rest were tiny little snippets of Open Your Heart and Express Yourself, along with the irrelevant Give Me All Your Luvin'. Then I ask you... Where are the other Madonna songs that we love? Like A Virgin, Papa Don't Preach, Ray of Light, Hollywood, Sorry?

Beyoncé chose to perform Crazy in Love, Baby Boy, Single Ladies and Halo, along with a Destiny's Child medley which was more satisfying. She also played irrelevant songs such as Run the World, Love on Top and End of Time. Where were Naughty Girl, Deja Vu, Irreplaceable, If I Were a Boy?

I'm not saying Gaga will follow the same pattern, but I'm not expecting her to play every hit. She might cut one or two major hits. Expect the worst.

Edit: This is not an attack on Madonna or Beyoncé. My intention is to show that Gaga probably won't play every hit.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SpookyKid

Don't expect anything, that way you only set yourself for dissapointment

Just wait and watch what she has to give

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

Gypsygaga1

I think she will sing BR,PF,maybe BTW,MR and TEOG

And that is okay.She doesn't need to perform Just Dance

Perfect Ilusion

Well I don't think anyone is expecting her to play every hit. There's only 13 minutes or so, it's not like any artist with a considerable catalogue of hits would be able to fit it all in anyway.

boyerased

Hmmmm things could be different for her. Those "irrelevant" songs you mentioned, most of them are more reliable than Joanne singles tbh. She couldn't do much with Joanne unless she'll choose an album track or PI. Although expect the unexpected, you'll never know.

MaryJaneHolland
6 minutes ago, Impostor said:

Where are the other Madonna songs that we love? Like A Virgin, Papa Don't Preach, Ray of Light, Hollywood, Sorry?

she had 13 minutes not 130

Impostor
1 minute ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

she had 13 minutes not 130

She only played 4 songs though :giggle:

thunderzap00
8 minutes ago, Impostor said:

If you are too hyped for Gaga's Super Bowl and you think she is going to make a whole presentation of her biggest hits, you should not be expecting that much. I'm not saying she won't deliver, but looking at the setlists of Madonna and Beyoncé I realized they haven't played many iconic songs.

Madonna only played three main songs: Vogue, Music and Like a Prayer. The rest were tiny little snippets of Open Your Heart and Express Yourself, along with the irrelevant Give Me All Your Luvin'. Then I ask you... Where are the other Madonna songs that we love? Like A Virgin, Papa Don't Preach, Ray of Light, Hollywood, Sorry?

Beyoncé chose to perform Crazy in Love, Baby Boy, Single Ladies and Halo, along with a Destiny's Child medley which was more satisfying. She also played irrelevant songs such as Run the World, Love on Top and End of Time. Where were Naughty Girl, Deja Vu, Irreplaceable, If I Were a Boy?

I'm not saying Gaga will follow the same pattern, but I'm not expecting her to play every hit. She might cut one or two major hits. Expect the worst.

Ummm irrelevant in what world?! Check yourself before you wreck yourself. 

Bey's half-time show was utter perfection - the standard! 

MaryJaneHolland
Just now, Impostor said:

She only played 4 songs though :giggle:

better than 9 half-assed songs just thrown there in the setlist :air:

edit: and she performed 5 songs, not 4

BeerFear
8 minutes ago, Gypsygaga1 said:

I think she will sing BR,PF,maybe BTW,MR and TEOG

And that is okay.She doesn't need to perform Just Dance

Of course she does

giphy.gif

Impostor
Just now, MaryJaneHolland said:

better than 9 half-assed songs just thrown there in the setlist :air:

Okay gurl, good luck with Bad Romance + Poker Face + 2 Joanne songs (following the pattern you're defending)

Impostor
3 minutes ago, thunderzap00 said:

Ummm irrelevant in what world?! Check yourself before you wreck yourself. 

Bey's half-time show was utter perfection - the standard! 

tumblr_mn7t32OrNb1s49x9io1_250.gif

MaryJaneHolland
Just now, Impostor said:

Okay gurl, good luck with Bad Romance + Poker Face + 2 Joanne songs (following the pattern you're defending)

:air:

Gaga - 8 yrs of hits

Madonna - 33 years of hits

that's why i quoted that part

nvm

Archived