Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
opinion

If I was Bobby

Drin Lon

Featured Posts

Drin Lon

1st single:

I dislike PI as the lead single. I dislike it because Joanne's lead single had the potential to regain radio's trust in Gaga's music, and it also had the potential to help Gaga's streaming numbers, and PI did none of those things. So to keep this short, I think the song that would have been more fitting would have to be Dancin' In Circles. To be more precise, Dancin' In Circles feat. another artist, an artist which has really good streaming numbers. This could be anyone, but I would prefer a female artist since the song is about dancin' in circles :trollga:, so just to mention a few names: Nicki Minaj, Shakira, Rihanna, maybe even Selena :poot:, etc. I think Gaga would have to release it in August just a few days before the VMAs so she could perform it there and give the song some exsposure. Throw in a good MV and I'm 100% we'd have a top 5 hits in our hands.

2nd single:

I'd keep Million Reasons as the second single. Imo it's the song with the most potential on Joanne aside DiC. After the success of the first single radios would have no problem playing it, and Gaga would have gained followers streaming-wise, so Million Reasons' streaming numbers would also be a lot better. The GP obviously loves it since the songs rises considerably on itunes every time it's performed, and with a little bit of promo and an average video, I think MR could have become just as big, if not bigger, than DiC.

3rd single:

For the Super Bowl I think I'd have to go with A-Yo. It's the catchiest song on the album and it's perfect for a big arena. If Gaga would release a video of it just some days before the Half-Time Show + radio airplay + good sales and average streams + Super Bowl exsposure, I think it could AT LEAST! become a "You and I" sized hit, which we have yet to see from the Joanne era currently :reductive:!

4th single:

I'd honestly go with Diamond Heart for the ending of Spring-beginning of Summer. Even though it's not exactly radio-friendly, it's still pretty catchy, and maybe, who knows, people might like it. I don't see any better choice beside it, and at the end of the day at best we get a top 10-top15 ~hit~ and at the worst case scenario it flops like MTN :poot:.

5th single:

Tbh, for the 5th single I wouldn't even take into consideration commercial performance, anything would flop anyway. I'd pick Angel Down, because I sincerely believe that songs is sooo deserving of a Grammy, so why not promote it as a single so it can get some exsposure for the Grammy's to notice! I think with some live performances and a good video, it might secure Gaga at least a Grammy nomination.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 You're not Bobby

2 MTN is a huge smash hit compared to anything that was released from Joanne

3 Angel Down could've been huge if released as a lead single with a Gaga video

4 We just gotta deal with the joanne era and move on

Fernster7

If I was Bobby I would book her a second Carpool Karaoke the week before the SB with the rest of her hits and MR again.:giggle:

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

Drin Lon
5 minutes ago, AURA said:

1 You're not Bobby

Okay

TheFame Monster

Bobby doesn't make those decisions and those are some awful choices anyway

DiC as lead? This is Lady Gaga. She would be dragged for following trends instead of pushing boundaries. 

Drin Lon
2 minutes ago, AURA said:

1 You're not Bobby

1.What? Reaaallyy?! I had no idea I wasn't Bobby! This is terrible! :poot::trollga:

2.Not compared to PI, PI has outpeaked MTN. :trollga:

3.I don't think so but yeah it's your opinion.

4.I know hunty, this was just for fun :lolly:

PopThatArt

Dancin' in Circles is the worst choice for a single. Deal with it. Perfect Illusion was absolutely fine as the lead single. Enough with this streaming crap, and all this stupid bullshi+ regarding numbers. These things people are putting so much emphasis on are becoming obsolete and totally irrelevant and for too long have been an illusion of success. And I don't care about radio friendly. its more bullshi+, have you heard what's on the radio? Total garbage these days. I'd rather have music from Gaga that is more underground and not all over the place. Screw the radio, it's become a joke like youtube and all that streaming crap, it's all irrelevant and meaningless, people just like to pretend it matters so they can use it to defend their otherwise untalented favorites who don't really offer anything to music or art.

Go see A Star is Born

23 minutes ago, Drin Lon said:

1st single:
Dancin' In Circles feat. another artist 
Nicki Minaj, Shakira, Rihanna, maybe even Selena :poot:

5th single:

Angel Down

No no no no :saladga: 

What is it w people thinking DIC needs a feature? 

❤ x ❤

Drin Lon
5 minutes ago, PopThatArt said:

Dancin' in Circles is the worst choice for a single. Deal with it. Perfect Illusion was absolutely fine as the lead single. Enough with this streaming crap, and all this stupid bullshi+ regarding numbers. These things people are putting so much emphasis on are becoming obsolete and totally irrelevant and for too long have been an illusion of success. And I don't care about radio friendly. its more bullshi+, have you heard what's on the radio? Total garbage these days. I'd rather have music from Gaga that is more underground and not all over the place. Screw the radio, it's become a joke like youtube and all that streaming crap, it's all irrelevant and meaningless, people just like to pretend it matters so they can use it to defend their otherwise untalented favorites who don't really offer anything to music or art.

Lady Gaga is not an indie/underground artist, deal with it. If every single she puts out continues underperforming so badly commercially her label won't support her for any other project anymore, and Gaga will lose the voice she has now in the music industry/world in general. And I don't want that. So deal with the fact that having commercial success for an artist is not a bad thing.

Drin Lon
14 minutes ago, TheFame Monster said:

DiC as lead? This is Lady Gaga. She would be dragged for following trends instead of pushing boundaries. 

She would be dragged by the same megazines and sites which dragged Joanne for not being authentic and Gaga-esque enough. My point is that the megazines and sites that don't like gaga will drag her ragardless of what she does, that shouldn't stop her or her label from putting out there  a really good song which most people will love./ :lolly:

Archived