💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

opinion

My secret

Impostor

Featured Posts

Impostor

I can't hide the secret anymore.

I'm not a little monster. I'm an impostor.

I've only been following Lady Gaga because I think she's a good performer and some of her songs are interesting. That's all.

To be very honest, I try really hard to agree with her 100% like a lot of you do, but I can't. I've been in a roller coaster of love and hate for this woman and I can't stop it. It began with The Fame Monster but it only got worse with Born This Way and ARTPOP. I like her but I dislike a lot of things. I won't list these things because I don't want to be hurtful.

Sometimes I love her, sometimes I hate her. I don't hate her in public. I don't troll. It's more like a personal fight against myself, when I always question "Am I right for following this person? Do I really identify with her?" I always try to cope with Gaga and her fans, but I've never felt like a real fan, because I'm too skeptical about what she says. It got worse with the  Joanne thing, because she's changed a lot and everything she says is even more confusing. I love the album but I don't get the real message (if there's really one).

Maybe it's just me, but almost everytime I watch an interview it seems like she's always saying the same things over and over again and to me that feels like brainwashing, except I can't be brainwashed by her (I've tried to). I really love her as a public person, because she's lovely, but her constant positiveness makes me uncomfortable. There are a few times when she is brilliant and I live for it, but most of these times are live performances when she is not talking.

I wonder if there's other people here who feel the same thing... as if they don't belong with the hardcore stans, neither with the flop fans... more like something in between.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Antonio
4 minutes ago, Impostor said:

but her constant positiveness makes me uncomfortable.

why that

𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞

Flippy

:oprah:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

I have a huge lover for her but I doubt her lots of times. Everytime she screams "THIS IS REAL" "THIS IS AUTHENTIC" it just comes off as a blatant lie and desperate way to try to make that lie the truth - which won't happen again. And this whole Joanne personna, attitude and 'authentic most personal' album is just the biggest sh*t she ever said. Sorry not sorry.

Impostor
4 minutes ago, Antonio said:

why that

I'm not a very positive person and my favorite artists are rather skeptical than positive. I don't get someone who is positive all the time, it feels like an alien thing to me.

I guess in the end Gaga couldn't brainwash you but little monsters kind of did it about what being a fan really means. You're not an impostor, you're just not blind to everything she does. The fact that you chose to join an online forum about her and post about her enough to get 2k likes clearly means something, you do must have some connection with her that you don't even realise.

It is clear you stan for her talents but not her as a person based on what you said in your OP. Which is 100% ok.

Before the explosion of social media ppl only knew about artists via their art, performances and few interviews. 

Now thanks to social media we are constantly updated about every single thing an artists says or does which is abnormal.

Go back to what made you love/like Gaga (her art) and focus solely on that. Forget about the interviews etc...That stuff is not as important.

Example: I absolutely despise Azealia Bank's attitude but I can 100% say that she is a brilliant and outstanding artist. Same goes for a lot of other artists.

Only a fool would agree with everything she says/does. And yet, there are undoubtedly some who do. 

You have critical approach, unlike many members on this site and you should be commended for it. :staymad:

Impostor
3 minutes ago, Bad Guy 23 said:

If so, would you give me your 2211 reputations :poot:?

It's not very hard to gain reputation here :classy:

Anveeroy
Just now, IBeMe said:

Is this Xtina?! 

No! She is an Indian daily soap actress. She was a villain .. :awkney:

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Eighteen

she comes off as pretentious to me at times but i still love her. i don't agree with everything she does (like her "selling" of joanne in interviews) but i look past it. i like her cause she's nice and spreading good vibes all the time. i like nice people.

2 minutes ago, Tanveer Anoy said:

No! She is an Indian daily soap actress. She was a villain .. :awkney:

This girl is gorgeous but MESS! She looks EXACTLY like Xtina when Xtina used to put on a bunch of spray tan lol!

Archived