Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The only gaga hit that got away...

Fish

Featured Posts

Little Arguers:

Forget about Gypsy. Forget about Starstuck. Forget about Hair. Forget about DIC (the fact that this song needs to be brought up:neyde:).

The real gaga hit THAT GOT AWAY is the impeccable, weird, adrenaline-infused peferctly produced MONSTER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP2srT6hh2Y

1. The intro is divine

2. The he ate my heart and then he ate my brain  line is divine

3. It fits perfectly the theme of TFM

4. Perfect blend of PF and BR (dark pop with those ma ma ma monsteeeerr), production on point.

5. Self references Just Dance in the bridge 

This song should've inflamed dance floors around the world tbh...

**I concede that Gypsy is also up there with Monster 

DISCUSS.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AmenTheNight

Yes, Monster could have been a hit, but I disagree with the fact that it's the "only" hit that got away. Gypsy and Startstruck could have done their thing indeed, but DWUW too. And TEOG could have been even bigger if it had been the second single of BTW instead of Judas.

Just now, blackstar said:

Dance In The Dark says hello. :lana:

I personnally think that Monster is catchier to the ear...

1 minute ago, JoanneARTPOP said:

okay

thanks for your very useful insight

Altho I like it, it wasnt enough strong to be a single and In my opinion it sounds a lil bit cheap-ish, demo-ish like it needed more polished production 

Just now, AmenTheNight said:

Yes, Monster could have been a hit, but I disagree with the fact that it's the "only" hit that got away. Gypsy and Startstruck could have done their thing indeed, but DWUW too. And TEOG could have been even bigger if it had been the second single of BTW instead of Judas.

I agree, but DWUW and TEOG are rightful hits, even though they could ve been bigger (much bigger maybe)

Blahwhatever22

I don't see it. Monster to me always felt like A filler song, It's catchy but nothing about it is unique or single worthy. DITD had more potential and probably would have been chosen if they wanted one last single for TFM.

Yo GagaGaga

Idk if it would've done well, all of Gaga's hits at that time had huge hooks, which was what made them popular. But Monster kind of slows down at the chorus. I think the peak of the song is the bridge, which I don't think would work as a single

But if Gypsy was recorded as a ballad instead of half ballad half EDM mess, it would've been a great 3rd single (G.U.Y. can choke)

Just now, Yo GagaGaga said:

Idk if it would've done well, all of Gaga's hits at that time had huge hooks, which was what made them popular. But Monster kind of slows down at the chorus. I think the peak of the song is the bridge, which I don't think would work as a single

But if Gypsy was recorded as a ballad instead of half ballad half EDM mess, it would've been a great 3rd single (G.U.Y. can choke)

Lol I hate GUY too

Ooolong

Gypsy would not have been a hit. Why would anyone think that :smh:

Spoiler

I mean, the general public's standards are low but they aren't that low. 

The Unbannable Chanteuse

Archived