Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
question

If You Could've Chosen The Joanne Singles

Yo GagaGaga

Featured Posts

Yo GagaGaga

First off, I'm not a Joanne hater, I'm just interested to see what most of the fanbase would ideally want for Joanne as a single lineup. But I respect whatever Gaga decides to do, not exactly interscope though...

And I'm aware that this is the 985,798,398,009th thread that has been made on this topic, so if you leave a comment saying "do we really need another one of these threads" then will consume your first born

I adjusted the time lines of the singles just to try to get 2 summer hits. September is such a weird time to release a lead

1st Single, August 2016- A-yo: I don't think A-Yo is the best song on the record, but I think that it has the most lead single potential. Its really catchy and has Mark Ronson written all over it, so the GP would've eaten it up. Also it wasn't controversial or a grower, it was danceable and wasn't as of an acquired taste as Perfect Illusion was. It was able to get in people's heads and stay in their heads for a while. I think It easily could've been a top 5 hit. Plus after the SNL performance there were so many people on twitter trying to buy "Mirror On The Ceiling" :awkney:

Promo Single, October 2016- John Wayne: John Wayne is a risky song, its catchy but a lot of people don't like a chorus that consists of noises with little to no words. She could just put it out there and see what people think and if it does well she could save it for later, and if it didn't she can keep it on the album, no harm done.

2nd Single, October 2016- Million Reasons: If A-yo were to do well then I think Million Reasons could have become much bigger than it has now. A lot of people were turned off by Gaga after they didn't like Perfect Illusion so they didn't give Million Reasons a chance. However most of the people who did listen to it loved it, plus it went #1 on iTunes twice (something that even Applause couldn't manage to do once). I think it could be a top 10 or top 15 hit.

Promo Single, December 2016- Come to Mama: I don't know if "promo single" is the right term, but if she released Come To Mama as a mini single, and not treat it as an official single, I think it could've done well around Christmas. If The first two singles were successful, then Gaga would have had more promo opportunities and could play Come To Mama on a televised Christmas event, to get extra album sales. She could also make a christmas type video to go along with the song

3rd Single, February 2017- Diamond Heart: No matter what single she releases around the SB, it will get a boost in sales, and I think Diamond Heart could use that to its advantage the most. Gaga could release Diamond Heart a week before the SB to get people familiar with it, and feature it in her halftime show commercials. I think its the perfect stadium song, and I think football fans would like it too. If it got good reception from the GP, and had an entertaining SB show it could make it into the top 10, maybe even top 5.

4th Single, April 2017- Angel Down/John Wayne: If John Wayne did well as promo single, then it would be released as a single in April, to follow up Diamond Heart, although if not I think Angel Down would be a really good fit. After the GP has seen Gaga bring back dance songs, Angel Down would be refreshing to the GP. From time to time sad ballads do really well on the radio. And with the BLM continually rising in the US, I think the GP would be here for a song like Angel Down. And even for the people who are against BLM, its still a really beautiful song on its own, and the BLM references aren't that obvious. Plus if it flops, it wouldn't ruin the rest of the era since its not an early single

5th Single, June 2017- Dancin in Circles: This should not be a surprise to anyone. Dancin in Circles is really perfect to be a really late single for the summer. It has the potential to be a summer hit, and has the controversy to keep Gaga relevant. And if the GP isn't here for the masturbation references, its the 5th single so, just like Angel Down, it wouldn't kill the era if it flopped (An ode to Marry the Night).

6th Single, August- John Wayne (if not 4th Single)/Joanne: A 6th single would only happen if Dancin in Circles did well. If not, she could just finish touring and be done with the era. But if Dancin in Circles was a summer hit then I'd follow it up with John Wayne if it wasn't already picked. If it was the 4th single, Joanne could take its place. Joanne is very GP friendly, its catchy, and its not too sad to not be played on the radio or bought buy the GP. This single has very little chance to not flop, and will likely be the "New Romantics" of Joanne

share your ideal single plan (You can just copy and paste it from any of the other "Joanne Singles" threads that you may have posted on in the past :ladyhaha:)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Luke78619

Wow you Time your single releases so close together :ladyhaha:

Sep. - AYO

Oct. - Hey Girl (Promo)

Nov./Dec. - John Wayne

March. - Diamond Heart

June. - dic

havent really thought any of it thru TBH but from the top of my head  

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

MaryJaneHolland
5 minutes ago, Yo GagaGaga said:

a chorus that consists of noises with little to no words.

have you checked the charts lately? :emma: song with no chrouses and little to no words are all over it :emma:

MaryJaneHolland

Diamond Heart - August

A-YO - October

John Wayne - February

Dancin' in Circles - May

Yo GagaGaga
Just now, MaryJaneHolland said:

have you checked the charts lately? :emma: song with no chrouses and little to no words are all over it :emma:

but have you seen any of the "Worst Songs of 2016 Lists"

I still want Gaga to be respected as an artiste :hor:

Saint Hollywood
1 minute ago, Yo GagaGaga said:

but...but...thats what really happened

CdPQ7s5.gif

why is that :emma:

CdPQ7s5.gif

:awkney: look what happened :awkney:

MaryJaneHolland
Just now, Yo GagaGaga said:

I still want Gaga to be respected as an artiste :hor:

good luck with the hits then :trollga:

Yo GagaGaga
Just now, Saint Hollywood said:

:awkney: look what happened :awkney:

Perfect Illusion dragged it down with it tbh :awkney:

The Child

September: A-Yo

October/November: Million Reasons

February: Perfect Illusion (right in time for the SP)

May: Dancin' In Circles

August: Angel Down (it'll flop but who cares we just want a great song with a great social message to end the era)

The singles will each have a music video telling a story and for example in the PI music video we'll have Diamond Heart in it and for the Angel Down music video we could have Come To Mama, kinda like what she did with G.U.Y the ARTPOP film.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Archived