Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
question

Is that how Gaga feels about Joanne?

Noah

Featured Posts

Didn't she say that she wants to peak at the age of 70+ (Don't remember the exact number)? I think she's still trying to prove herself as an artist.

Probably, exactly.

Gaga's broken records, has hits, etc. She doesn't need to prove herself. The music speaks for itself, we can take it or leave it.

❤ x ❤

1 minute ago, jujubae said:

Probably, exactly.

Gaga's broken records, has hits, etc. She doesn't need to prove herself. The music speaks for itself, we can take it or leave it.

:golfclap:

Blahwhatever22

Not really. Mariah's career had spanned over 10 years, She broke huge records. Not to mention The Emancipation Of Mimi was very successful so at that point she had nothing really to prove. Gaga on the other hand is still trying to break away from the shadows of her previous work and image, I definitely think she takes criticism hard and still wants to show the public as well as her fans that she can top herself and prove she's a true artist.

Glamourpuss

That's exactly it.

If Gaga was putting out music to do well in the charts then is she really making good music? I think what she wants to do is put her heart and soul into something that means something and is going to be a classic in years to come. Music these days is only good for the time it was released and it doesn't age well. I think Gaga is the one true artist alive right now who is the most authentic. 

1 minute ago, Glamourpuss said:

I think Gaga is the one true artist alive right now who is the most authentic. 

tumblr_o3a6eem0Gj1ssm1flo1_500.gif

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

PunkTheFunk
6 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

If Gaga was putting out music to do well in the charts then is she really making good music? I think what she wants to do is put her heart and soul into something that means something and is going to be a classic in years to come. Music these days is only good for the time it was released and it doesn't age well.

Very true tbh

Mainstream music right now is just a flat out manufactured mess :madge: Record companies are churning out songs like Big Macs and we just eat it up :awkney:

Which is why when the Grammys come around and they do those ads with taglines like "Witness greatness...Music will never be the same" and then show us footage of Rihanna and Drake I'm like

duHmqD8.jpg

ItsTommyBitch

That was a really authentic interview I had never seen before. Queen of honesty tbh :applause: 

OT: Not sure :emma: I think on some level she "never" cared about trying to outdo herself, but not just based on the facts of numbers and the market and what not, just because she has different muses and visions for each album and doesn't want to stifle them based on charts, impact, sales, etc. (E.g, I don't think she thought Joanne was super commercial and would be a HUGE hit era, and neither did her record label, so she could approach the product with a clear mind)

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Reality

I don't think she consciously says to herself "Alright Gaga, you've done 'x', 'y', and 'z', and now you don't have to prove to everyone else that you're a mega superstar". She's just being herself throughout the different eras. The Fame was authentic, so was TFM, BTW, ARTPOP, C2C, and now Joanne. They're all authentic and unique in their own ways, it just so happened that she made it big during TF/TFM and BTW. 

I do believe though that she doesn't necessarily care as much about the mega success and charts as before. I'm not saying she doesn't care, I mean, I'm very sure that she does care about those things, but not to the point where it defines her career. If she wanted mega success and fame again, then she'd create another TF/TFM or BTW. She wouldn't have created Joanne.

𝐼 𝒥𝒰𝒮𝒯 𝒩𝐸𝐸𝒟 𝒜 𝒟𝒪𝒮𝐸 𝒪𝐹 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝑅𝐼𝒢𝐻𝒯 𝒮𝒯𝒰𝐹𝐹

Archived