question

Are you a Gaga-loving rock fan too?

Oivind

Featured Posts

I came across this book chapter about Lady Gaga and rock fans. This quote feels like a description of me:

"Some Lady Gaga fans, indeed, are primarily rock fans, metalheads, and punks. Although they may not form a sizeable minority in Lady Gaga’s fanbase, it is all the more striking that they are present in the Lady Gaga community even when their devotion is not always well received in their respective rock communities."

http://deflem.blogspot.com/2015/01/ladygagarockstar.html

I like other pop artists too, but I have become a fan of Lady Gaga. Even stan, I admit I'm a bit obsessed by her (I'm here, after all). There is something in her attitude and style which I think makes her more appealing to rock fans like me than other pop artists. My friends don't see it, though. Sometimes the rock/metal influence is obvious, especially in her visuals, but just think about how she sings with a drawl in Bad Romance. She's always been a rocker, IMO, and it makes her more appealing to me than any other pop artist. I just can't see a metalhead being a Katy Perry stan. Not a Madonna stan either, although my rock fan friends are probably more likely to prefer Madonna to Lady Gaga, just because Madonna was around when we were young (I'm 43). Don't get me wrong, I like Katy Perry and Madonna too (at least several of their songs), but I could never be a stan for them.

Do you feel the same way, and do you feel that the quote describes you?

HOTNebraskaGuy

I love rockGa and most rock music/sub genres in general

Still waiting on a rock album from her 

One, five, ten lay a million on me

7 minutes ago, KleinGa said:

Im more of a DarkPopGa person but I live for RockGa too

I'm mostly a metal fan when it comes to rock, and this part of her is very much influenced by metal (sorry for stating the obvious: Heavy Metal lover influenced by metal, duh. ;) ). And maybe some goth. It's all rock. :)

Swan Heart

Gaga was the first artist outside of the Rock scene that I became a fan of.. So yeah.

She does have a lot of metalhead fans.

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

Neight Shayde

trust me, she has a lot of METALHEAD fans. It's crazy. :giveup:

i've been checking the #joanne tag on instagram and i'm seeing a lot of rock/metalhead fans who listen to joanne or list joanne in their top albums of 2016. 

Neight Shayde
7 minutes ago, HOTNGaga said:

Still waiting on a rock album from her 

would be epic. a pure ROCK album would be nice, not just rock-infused pop

NintendoMONSTER

I'm a Gaga fan first, but i absolutely love rock :rockstar: love to listen to it with my best friends :staymad:

Yeah, that article is about me :classy: Shes one of few pop artists I listen to. Im a huge metal fan, been going to metal festivals for years, as a matter of fact in 3 weeks Im going on a metal concert. But thats because I only stan talent. 

Pacify Him

Finally. A Gaga article that I love :hug::rockstar:

She should do a primarily rock and metal album and she'll have more headlines tbqh and this the :tea:

Country is meh

I’m getting on your nerves

Archived