💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

2011: When Gaga began showing weakness

monstereo

Featured Posts

monstereo

Has anyone else noticed how Gaga started first showing weakness in 2011?

Before that, she was this untouchable GOD popstar who was unfazed by anything.

What do you think happened?

Anderson Cooper

large.jpg

HBO:

Marry The Night

marry-the-night-lady-gaga-o.gif

Her meltdown over BTW/Express Yourself Comparisons

k03pl2.jpg

It got even more extreme during ARTPOP

maxresdefault.jpg

tumblr_mwu17jtSdF1rf3x51o1_500.gif

Gaga_GUY.jpg

Lady-gaga-twitter-haters.png

FireShot+Screen+Capture+%23094+-+'Lady+G

Helxig

She just didn't show it before.

But keeping your pain to yourself and hiding it rots you from the inside over time.

So she decided to start letting it out and confessing the truth to everyone.

She also got more popular, and with more popularity comes more pressure and more hate.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

The Fame Joanne

It was the first year in her career in which not everything went the way she wanted it to go

GagaMyBlood95

I think that BTWB cancellation was the thing that changed her forever tbh. And even though it was a horrible thing that happened to her, I am kinda glad it did, because she got rid of all the toxic people around her, only her true friends stuck around, and she took control over her career and started taking actual care of herself, her body and her overall health!

Head Empty

It was also when the global pressure (as well as personal pressure from people around her) reached its peak.

Besides, she has always showed this more human side in her live shows, especially when she's behind the piano. But so many camera's were pointed at her at that time, that they were bound to catch her at bad moments, too. 

The Surrealist
3 minutes ago, Bio said:

Showing your emotions is not weak.

Exactly. It is quite the opposite actually.

But to answer your question:

The Anderson Cooper one is out of psychological stress.

The HBO one always struck me as fake crying to be honest.

The Marry The Night one is out of Depression.

The Madonna comment is not a meltdown.

The ARTPOP Twitter comparisons were smart marketing.

During the YouTube Awards she was crying because her manager left her.

The AMA performance is expressing pain and anger rather than sadness.

The GUY video is showing vulnerability.

howlerfox

I think she started showing weakness after she realized she couldn't keep that pain for her anymore. TF+TFM were the best thing that could ever happen to an artist (about success, money and charts), and after it all the record label + the public in general + fans + media charged her for being what she's always been: a HUGE superstar. So she decided to release Born This Way especially to help her fans (most of them gays) and, reaching her peak, she could send a message about LGBT rights and (against) racism, feminism and etc.

As said before, she couldn't stand so much pressure around her. We know Gaga is an emotional/sentimental person and that she worries a lot about people. Then she found an opportunity in BTW to show to the world she isn't perfect, a God. But people deeply prefer an artist who is a perfect machine, that doesn't show failure or "feelings" — Britney Spears is a clear example about what I'm saying, she was this perfect machine in 00's and people used to acclaim her until the breakdown in 2007.

And that's why after BTW she couldn't be that HUGE superstar anymore.

Letmelivemylife

I don't mean this in a cruel way but gaga is highly emotional. She feels other people's pain even stronger. For example I always say that when we hurt, she hurts a 1,000x more. Hey it's not a bad thing at all. That's actually an incredibly gift because it allows you to empathize with people. It honestly saddens me that she was spinning out of control but she loved us too much to say "I love you more than you'll ever know but I'm losing it and I need a break". I'm glad that she's putting her health at the top of the priority list. It should always be #1 priority is gaga #2 priority is monsters. It's not to say that she doesn't love us but she can't be there for us if she herself is struggling. 

I love you monsters. I'd be unfixably broken without you

Katie14
6 hours ago, The Fame Joanne said:

It was the first year in her career in which not everything went the way she wanted it to go

I think this could be part of it. She was on this adrenaline rush for the first few years and once her success started to slow down, she started to feel the reality of her life. 

Mary Jane Wayne

There's not a thing called "untouchable pop star" . Pop stars have ups and downs in their career just like everyone else. And showing your emotions is not weak. Not everything went perfect with BTW era, but it was still HUGE. For me it's the her most memorable and artistic era :derpga: BTW was not the beginning of a downfall imao if anything it was ARTPOP that started it all :laughga:

I kinda get what the thread means (Thought of Beyoncé actually). Beyoncé is like the "Untouchable pop star" because there are no more interviews, she's not into social medias at all... she's kinda "FAR" from the general public. I get it.

Gaga kinda always been in contact (even tho back in TF\TFM she was like a "Mistery" or something) but she got really attached into the general public\fans with BTW. She did BTWB stage thinking about human contact, she bring her fans on stage almost every show to go backstage with her and give 'em a chance... that's the thing. I don't feel like she's "weak", she's human and just like everyone else this "contact" makes a impact on her life. Did u guys see how she have been kinda "away" from Twitter (it was the main platform of her contact with fans + littlemonsters.com) since Cheek to Cheek compared from BTW\ARTPOP eras?

She used to tweet almost everyday back then, replying to fans, following people and stuff. That kinda vanished. We also see that she's kinda more confident now then. What's the correlation? She doesn't reply to a fan anymore and then read thousand of people saying "FAT B*TCH C*NT DEVIL KILL YOURSELF BREAK YOUR HIP YOU'RE OVER BORING WHO MADONNA DID IT BETTER (...)" coming from other people.

Sometimes I miss the way she used to interact with us\doing Q&A and stuff, it was fun and special, but if she's happy now, that's better for her...

Archived