throwback

Lady Gaga recorded "70-100 songs" for new album 'ARTPOP'

Irrelevant

Featured Posts

monsterdino
48 minutes ago, redhoodieslime said:

Also lets not forget that track 12 could've not been Mary Jane Holland

the track 12 aka Mary Jane Holland was the best on the whole album...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monsterdino
40 minutes ago, HOTNGaga said:

But Ratchet wasn't the one competing with MJH for #12, it was Brooklyn Nights 

how do u know this?

tumblr_inline_o2vd5yGIrO1r9vdbu_500.gif

HOTNebraskaGuy
Just now, monsterdino said:

how do u know this?

tumblr_inline_o2vd5yGIrO1r9vdbu_500.gif

I just remember some article talking about Gaga saying it, I don't know exactly 

One, five, ten lay a million on me

Ryusei

Carly also did like 200 songs for emotion but we only got 23 or smth of them. Where's my remaining 170 -180 songs :grr:

Musery

Illuminati
40 minutes ago, Gagadonna said:

I'm sure those songs were either bad or at a very early stage of development. 

Everybody freaked out when she announced she'd work with Banks, but Red Flame appeared to be s-h-i-t-t-y. The RnB demo of Partynauseous is not that good either... 

I'm sure when she said she recorded a song, she just recorded it in the same way she did with the Applause concept. 

Yet, I'm wondering why she recycled songs like Karma Bitch and Can't Beat the Machine for Donatella and Mary Jane Holland if she did make other songs.... 

I'll never understand ARTPOP production :toofunny:

i swear ARTPOP had some of her greatest material but at the same time the worst lazy songs too lol i couldn't get over the recycled instrumentals and the fact that she didn't put some of the songs clearly superior to some on the tracklist. she should have done a deluxe

what's also bad is that i kinda almost like the cant beat the machines better than MJH i keep thinking about how she could've made it so much better if she wasn't so lazy with some of the songs. and yes i dare to say lazy cause it's no secret by now that she, at least occasionally, skips the majority of the creative process. 

Highway10
1 hour ago, Music said:

always hoped these were real tbh -

omg i love the Tea audio RIP Tinnitus, Onion Girl, Temple, Tea and all other things :giveup:

artpoprebellion

In my opinion, Brooklyn Nights DEFINITELY deserved to see the light of day. That song is fantastic and one of my favorite Gaga songs. However, I question how good the other rejected songs are. I mean, have we heard Red Flame? :awkney:

1 hour ago, Dominic Marc said:

100 songs recorded and Jewels & Drugs still made the list? :emma:

I think that's a good thing. It's Lady Gaga's only hip-hop song, which makes it one of the best hip-hop songs, as far as I'm concerned. It's nice of her to give the hip-hop genre a good song too. :)

Gagadonna
25 minutes ago, Sure Joanne said:

i swear ARTPOP had some of her greatest material but at the same time the worst lazy songs too lol i couldn't get over the recycled instrumentals and the fact that she didn't put some of the songs clearly superior to some on the tracklist. she should have done a deluxe

what's also bad is that i kinda almost like the cant beat the machines better than MJH i keep thinking about how she could've made it so much better if she wasn't so lazy with some of the songs. and yes i dare to say lazy cause it's no secret by now that she, at least occasionally, skips the majority of the creative process. 

I agree with you. Her recycling some random songs is actually reductive for such a brilliant artist. I wish we could hear Onion Girl and TEA... Hopefully one day the demos/concepts will leak :) 

Gagadonna
8 minutes ago, QueenGaga said:

100 recorded songs and she still chose Donatella, MJH, Fashion!, and Jewels & Drugs :toofunny:

Fashion! is an underrated gem. I agree with the rest tho :lolga:

Archived