Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
opinion

Perfect Illusion Conspiracy

GagaXCupcakke

Featured Posts

Economy
3 hours ago, suchheights8 said:

you.are.crazy. I know for a fact that Kevin Parker is probably the most chill person in the industry. He has strayed away from fame for many years. Also, when will people realize that Gaga DOES make the decision of what the lead single is. Interscrope isn't the greatest, but at the end of the day they are keeping HER happy, not the other way around. You think they wanted the budlight tour and the lack of promo for the album? No. This is all gaga, she is cleansing her image and she is doing it right. This is by far her least messy era and she seems to know EXACTLY what she wants from her career. Once again, she doesn't give a F*** about the charts, she made this album fully knowing how the reception would be. She has said time and time again she will never make make music that is popular or on the radio, this album solidifies that fact. Can we just stop with the whole Joanne backlash - all you little managers are going to be real upset when the Chaos Angel Project gets realized. Just let the woman live. 

Actually she said it herself that her label chose the lead single in one if the radio interviews :neyde: 

Drin Lon

Her label chose PI as the lead cause it's the most gaga-esque/dancy song on the album + to emphasize on her breakup with Taylor Kinney.

Honestly I can't believe how much PI was hyped. Like, damn, even radios were saying "It's better than Bad Romance" and **** like that. Poor fans who thought they were getting a dance anthem :toofunny:

Honestly they should have released either MR, DiC or A-Yo as the lead to AT LEAST get a top 10 hit.

It still bugs me how Interscope in a way sabotaged Joanne's future single's success by releasing PI as the lead.

LizaMontero
15 hours ago, Economy said:

Actually she said it herself that her label chose the lead single in one if the radio interviews :neyde: 

And she agreed. If she didn't want to, she would have been arguing with them just like what she did in TFM era (Alejandro over DITD) :neyde:

8 hours ago, GagaTheExplorer said:

I think she wanted the song to be the lead single, then after she released it she saw the mixed reviews by critics and the meltdowns of alot of monsters about the song and she just moved to the next single

I know she really wanted A-Yo to be single so bad, but then she saw the love and good comercial performance of Million Reasons then they made it the 2nd single

she is really influenciable, you may say she is not, but she really is

she is always changing her singles and changing her mind

This tbh!

Delusional Aura

I think she should've made one song on Joanne (totally love the album) that was a solid dance anthem for the lead single. She has the rest of the album to do whatever the hell she wants. I think she should've compromised a little for the lead single. 

The Fame Joanne

Lmao, what?! If one of them is able to blackmail the other, it's Gaga. She's the global mega star. 

I've never heard of Kevin Parker before

Dorothy Gale

Interscope needs to start letting Gaga choose lead singles. Aura or Sexxx Dreams would've been better than Applause and almost anything would've been better than Perfect Illusion. These are the same people who picked Soda as the lead single off Broke With Expensive Taste!! They don't know gems when they hear them. 

Arizona Sky
13 minutes ago, AntiPotCrusader said:

Interscope needs to start letting Gaga choose lead singles. Aura or Sexxx Dreams would've been better than Applause and almost anything would've been better than Perfect Illusion. These are the same people who picked Soda as the lead single off Broke With Expensive Taste!! They don't know gems when they hear them. 

Yeah right...

Helxig
7 hours ago, Blahwhatever22 said:

So what is the truth?:oprah:

giphy.gif

I just looked that GIF up lol you beat me!

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Helxig

P.S. if anyone forced her to make PI the lead single it was Interscope! They're well known for being controlling, and I'm pretty sure most record labels have it in their contracts that they get to choose lead singles, not the artists.

I feel like she just loved the song so much, and maybe even enjoyed working with Kevin Parker, so she decided to keep it on the album even though it was quite different to the rest. 

My theory is that Interscope forced her to make it the lead single because it's easily relatable lyrics, catchy and repetitive, and the most 'Gaga' pop song from the album. At the end of the day I think it was a good lead, but maybe she wasn't feeling it?

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived