Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
question

Should Gaga collaborate more with contemporary artists?

BloodyJudas

Featured Posts

BloodyJudas

I am of the opinion that Gaga should consider collaborating with her contemporaries. I do not think that being featured on the songs produced by popular DJs and producers would hurt her career. It could actually help her relate with teenagers who (let's be honest) are not crazy about checking out on Lady Gaga. When Gaga was a big thing in the pop scene, they were just kids and they did not follow music trends back then. Once they hit the puberty they jumped on Ariana Grande, Justin Bieber and Shawn Mendes bandwagon. We can all concede to the fact that Gaga's streaming power has increased sharply since 2013 and it is evident.. I know some of you will say that Gaga does not need commercial success, she is not a sell-out and she does what she stands for. Much as creative and artistic Gaga is, I still believe she is hungry to score another hit. She would not be working with Mark Ronson (a famous and accomplished producer) and she would not be wanting A-Yo to be the next "Uptown Funk".

Let's look at Rihanna or Nicki Minaj who are constantly featured on many songs and they contribute to the success of those songs. Or we can provide an example of Justin Bieber who used to be heaped scorn on and he had to figure out how to re-brand himself. He got featured on "Where are U now" and bam- he has scored 3 number one songs and 5 top ten HITS (he has released 2 collaborations this year and radios were playing him like crazy).

To sum it up, I really hate it when someone thinks Gaga is above her contemporaties because he clearly isn't. Kudos to her for working with the legends and broadening her music horizons but that all the same, she is still considered uncool, she is not streamed enough  and radios don't play her musi (and radio deals did not help Perfect Illusion to sink in ).

She is the one who said pop music was not for lowbrow tastes and she was entirely fascinated by the pop music.

That's why if she remixed songs like "Dancing In Circles" or "John Wayne" with a popular rapper ala Drake or a considerable pop force, she would be more than fine. This could expose her to younger audience who streams songs on a daily basis.

P.S. I remember some of you laughing that neither Christina nor Britney were able to get a top 10 hit and now the same happens to Gaga. Guess some users here would foam at the mouth once Katy comes back and scores her next number one hits.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anything that has "Lady Gaga" credited as the singer, is prone to be ignored by the GP nowadays. :neyde:

It's the sad and undeserved truth. :neyde:

But I would be here for a collab with Sia, Kesha or even Rihanna (Sex Dreams :air:)

Reality

I need her to collab with Sia.

𝐼 𝒥𝒰𝒮𝒯 𝒩𝐸𝐸𝒟 𝒜 𝒟𝒪𝒮𝐸 𝒪𝐹 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝑅𝐼𝒢𝐻𝒯 𝒮𝒯𝒰𝐹𝐹

BloodyJudas
Just now, kvnrp said:

Anything that has "Lady Gaga" credited as the singer, is prone to be ignored by the GP. :neyde:

It's the sad and undeserved truth. :neyde:

I beg to differ :P There are many Gaga fans and people who enjoy her music. The problem being her team has many flaws unlike Beyonce's or Katy Perry's teams who always think before they out out stuff.

monketsharona

Hell yes ! 

Rihanna, Sia, Bruno Mars, Madonna are amongst the artists I would love to see her collaborate with. 

3 minutes ago, BloodyJudas said:

I beg to differ :P There are many Gaga fans and people who enjoy her music. The problem being her team has many flaws unlike Beyonce's or Katy Perry's teams who always think before they out out stuff.

But it's not really her teams fault, when radios aren't playing her songs (or at least, not often), or is it?

I have the feeling that she is saving all her promo power for the SB, but I don't know if thats enough, u kno :ohno:

Delusional Aura

Yes she should BUT she said in an interview while talking about hey girl she's doesn't like to collaborate with any and anyone because they can't write music from a deep place or some sort of **** like that. 

BloodyJudas
2 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

Hell yes ! 

Rihanna, Sia, Bruno Mars, Madonna are amongst the artists I would love her to see her collaborate with. 

I entirely agree with you ;)

Her song with either Katy or Riri would be massive!!!!!

PopThatArt
16 minutes ago, BloodyJudas said:

I am of the opinion that Gaga should consider collaborating with her contemporaries. I do not think that being featured on the songs produced by popular DJs and producers would hurt her career. It could actually help her relate with teenagers who (let's be honest) are not crazy about checking out on Lady Gaga. When Gaga was a big thing in the pop scene, they were just kids and they did not follow music trends back then. Once they hit the puberty they jumped on Ariana Grande, Justin Bieber and Shawn Mendes bandwagon. We can all concede to the fact that Gaga's streaming power has increased sharply since 2013 and it is evident.. I know some of you will say that Gaga does not need commercial success, she is not a sell-out and she does what she stands for. Much as creative and artistic Gaga is, I still believe she is hungry to score another hit. She would not be working with Mark Ronson (a famous and accomplished producer) and she would not be wanting A-Yo to be the next "Uptown Funk".

Let's look at Rihanna or Nicki Minaj who are constantly featured on many songs and they contribute to the success of those songs. Or we can provide an example of Justin Bieber who used to be heaped scorn on and he had to figure out how to re-brand himself. He got featured on "Where are U now" and bam- he has scored 3 number one songs and 5 top ten HITS (he has released 2 collaborations this year and radios were playing him like crazy).

To sum it up, I really hate it when someone thinks Gaga is above her contemporaties because he clearly isn't. Kudos to her for working with the legends and broadening her music horizons but that all the same, she is still considered uncool, she is not streamed enough  and radios don't play her musi (and radio deals did not help Perfect Illusion to sink in ).

She is the one who said pop music was not for lowbrow tastes and she was entirely fascinated by the pop music.

That's why if she remixed songs like "Dancing In Circles" or "John Wayne" with a popular rapper ala Drake or a considerable pop force, she would be more than fine. This could expose her to younger audience who streams songs on a daily basis.

P.S. I remember some of you laughing that neither Christina nor Britney were able to get a top 10 hit and now the same happens to Gaga. Guess some users here would foam at the mouth once Katy comes back and scores her next number one hits.

Ew, no. And she has collaborated with DJs and popular producers. All she's worked with are DJs on all of her albums. The question should be should she work with more experienced producers like Diane Warren more. To that I would say yes, there are a lot of really iconic producers who have worked with some of the most iconic voices in music that I'd love to hear what they could come up with Gaga, producers who worked with people like Mariah Carey, Celine Dion, Cher, etc. David Foster, Walter Afanaseiff, Mark Taylor, Billy Mann, Dallas Austin, etc. I'd love for Gaga and Diane to create something along the lines of Cher's Heart of Stone or Aerosmith's I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing. 

Go see A Star is Born

monketsharona
1 minute ago, BloodyJudas said:

I entirely agree with you ;)

Her song with either Katy or Riri would be massive!!!!!

That rumoured song with Madonna and Katy would have been a huge hit song and big moment in pop culture :cryga: 

BloodyJudas
1 minute ago, kvnrp said:

But it's not really her teams fault, when radios aren't playing her songs (or at least, not often), or is it?

I have the feeling that she is saving all her promo power for the SB, but I don't know if that enough, u kno :ohno:

I think the SB would be a decisive point in her commercial performance in the USA. She can either smash or flop and the worst part is it is not completely up to her.

ryanripley

i want her to collab with imagine dragons or twenty one pilots :noparty: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

PopThatArt
6 minutes ago, BloodyJudas said:

Actually no they don't, they use payola for everything, writing checks to get accolades.

Go see A Star is Born

Archived