Video Premiere: Lady Gaga - Million Reasons

GagaStan95

Featured Posts

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MessyTop
1 minute ago, JoshieS said:

Explain how I'm being a bully. You all had your opinion about Gaga, now I'm getting my opinion about the way you're acting? Far from being bullied. 

A video is released to be judged as a piece of art. You are attacking and bullying our opinions. No bueno. 

suchheights8
16 minutes ago, metalguru said:

Attention please! A fair criticism of Gaga:

I am not trying to spread negativity. Lady GaGa means so much to me. She is in my top1o artists alongside with big names like Kate Bush, Suede, David Bowie, Klaus Nomi etc. Yes, I love pop but I am more into alternative/glam/new romantic type of music. Gaga is somehow different. I am sure that after 20 years from now indie bars will play Bad Romance right after for example The Cure, Friday I'm in Love. She is the frontier of 2010's. Or is she?

I love Gaga because her references are more then top40 success. I can see all the great artists in her yet she is unique. She is Gaga! And I think critics and people are so jealous of her because she is the future. Critics were skeptical about my favorite rock band Suede in 90's but now they are legends. OR   David Bowie. People glamorized him or hated him. Yes, ARTPOP was messy but it was also small piece of masterpiece. Clear the tracklist, make it 11 songs of an album, different singles, get rid of Marina and all the other rich peoples behind the picture and then you have your manic pop craziness with Greek Gods and Andy Warhol. Same for Born This Way. There will be no song like Marry the Night.

ANYWAY.

Maybe Gaga is really tired of people's skepticism over her and she is holding on her own story. Now, it is all about her father's restaurant or her voice. I think the idea of stripped down Gaga is a necessity and good but the product is really disappointing. If these songs are her "emotional" songs I am utterly  sad. She obsessed with her voice. Yes, voice is important but pop music is not just about voice. As a results, right now she is always singing with higher notes, nearly screaming, in a silly way via 80s heavy metal bands like Scorpion or something. Hush, Gaga and sing us a lullaby. She was the queen of maximalist, grand pop songs. I was waiting multi layered sad songs or real, cold melodies with a simpler vocals. We all love Gaga but Million Reasons or Angel Down are not even near to her ambitions.

Speaking of ambitions, she is talking about Bowie constantly yet she is not fully acting under his influence. Maybe a record company press over her? I don't know. But my expectations from Gaga was different: She didn't really choose to be fearless like Bowie or she didn't choose the shameless but brilliant pop sensibility. The results are underwhelming. 

I am getting sad when I see Beyonce or Frank Ocean all over the year end lists. I am not a big fan of their musics. Beyonce has 5 different samples from Led Zeppelin to godknowswho in a 4 min song. Yet we celebrate her as a new frontier. In an atmosphere like now, Million Reasons is an example of identity crisis as a worst possible way. I am sorry but I think her voice in this song and the song itself is pretty forgettable. I know it is my idea and I don't want to dictate to anybody but all i am trying to say is Gaga is bigger than all of these songs. 

The video... Her acting... Guys, you should read Glam and Awe book by writer Simon Reynolds. It is a long, beautiful book on glam rock and fame. Reynolds loves Gaga and his ideas about Gaga are really accurate. Glam is all about lies. You lie to yourself and the world that you are the biggest star on earth then you become one. Bowie, Marc Bolan or Prince... They all gave us lies as a ticket to their world. Even Gaga said that how much she loves lies/dellusions/illusions many time in her early career.

So, Million Reasons and the message behind is probably an another "lie" (I use "lie" as and idea) but it is a very blank one. She is a great actor (check Marry the Night) but she cannot even act in the video. Front of the mirror scenes are just off. There are many examples of simple and personal videos with a limited budget but this one is not one of them. It is just an example of crisis.

I can discuss about Joanne as a whole some other time but I wish a) She goes back to her ambition b) as a "simple" Gaga, she puts more ideas/melodies/visuals into her products.

She needs to be frontier again. And it doesn't mean she needs to go back to Just Dance type of music. 

wrong just all wrong. She is a person, people change - she is not recreating the lives of these artists - she is building her own infamy. Support her or don't, but this isn't support this is just criticism. 

teenagechrist
13 minutes ago, Mr Ricky said:

You guys are the worst. Fcking done with you people getting tilted if she does something basic. Get the fck out. Go burn your stan card, just go. She creates something personal, the fcking song is personal and some people throw their b*tchfit because it's 'horrible'. 

Shut yo mouth. You can dislike the video, but don't spill hatred all over it just because it wasn't Gaga enough for you. 

tumblr_nu9hyxPDme1uudtt9o2_500.gif

This. I didn't like the mv, but that doesn't mean I should start posting hateful and salty messages against Gaga, her team, or the music video. I've seen monsters (how accurate) saying that she is over :rip::rip::rip: 

Do you guys even think before posting? It's just a music video. You don't like it? Fine. Don't watch it again but stop acting like a crybaby over it and let it go. Y'all were licking her ass saying how good this era was just a few days ago, and now you are acting as if this is the end of her career...  

feeling so hot tamale

Do you guys think she is over it? Like, she doesn't care anymore? I feel like it's all just excuses. "I didn't want to serve visuals, wanted to focus on my personal story"

I mean, you can be both personal and visual at the same time. What was that? 

Do you think... like.. she is over it? 

Spanish Eyes

I hope to God that Gaga isn't reading this thread.

Y'all are terrible. If you don't like the video, then fine. But why do we have to go on and on about stuff that we don't care for? How on Earth do her radio spins affect your life? Most importantly,

Lady Gaga deserves to express how she feels, and if that video didn't hit you in the feels, you're not mature enough.

MessyTop
3 minutes ago, swakby said:

Did u really expect the meat dress for this video? I don't care if I get warning points or even a ban for what I'm about to say but the Joanne era is not really meant for the gay community. That is why you whiney b****** are complaining all of the time. I mean, she's trying to target a larger audience with something that she really believes in and you should be at least happy for her. 

Oh hell no. You didn't not attack the gay community. Target audience? You mean boring people with boring videos and lazy music?

Joshie S
1 minute ago, GagainsiderNYC said:

A video is released to be judged as a piece of art. You are attacking and bullying our opinions. No bueno. 

You're contradicting yourself. You're saying that YOU are allowed an opinion about Gaga and the music video, but I'm not allowed to have my opinion on your opinions? Seems fair to me. I wasn't bullying anyone, I was simply saying that you have all lost a lot of respect.

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

Borislshere

I don't know about her but i am. I've seen plenty of "personal" music videos that have also "served visuals".

MessyTop
Just now, Spanish Eyes said:

Y'all are terrible. If you don't like the video, then fine. But why do we have to go on and on about stuff that we don't care for? How on Earth do her radio spins affect your life? Most importantly,

Lady Gaga deserves to express how she feels, and if that video didn't hit you in the feels, you're not mature enough.

I hope she reads all the comments. People are calling her on twitter for what it is: a lazy video and she needs to wake up 

ryanripley

but what personal story? if there was a story that actually told us something personal then i could probably forgive the visuals but when Marry The Night video exists, this video is just..... not what she said it is

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

3 minutes ago, RileyMint said:

Has anyone else heard that it's hard to be creative when you're content with life? Artists use their struggles as fuel for creativity. I think she's in the best place she has ever been mentally, but her creativity is gone because she doesn't need that outlet anymore I guess. 

Honey i've written and drawn things when I was very happy.

nd awful sh!t can come from deep emotional distress.

Creativity does not come from tragedy. Some of our best works of well known art? commissions from nobles that mean absolutely nothing.

Tragedy does not beget creativity and content with life does not beget stagnation.

warhol killer
Just now, Spanish Eyes said:

Wait there are actually people who did not felt the message?

warhol killer ✴ GAGA¹⁵

Spanish Eyes
Just now, GagainsiderNYC said:

I hope she reads all the comments. People are calling her on twitter for what it is: a lazy video and she needs to wake up 

"A lazy video."

Lord help me. She doesn't owe you anything.

• Haroon locked this topic

Archived