đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Video Premiere: Lady Gaga - Million Reasons

GagaStan95

Featured Posts

Edonis
5 minutes ago, PropaGaga said:

I don't need to get over anything. I'm not the one whining on a forum over a music video.

No but you're on a pop forum trying to convince people who didn't like the video to continue to stay tuned. Basically. 

75% of GGD still doesnt think it was worth the wait. 

Anyways, I AM actually interested to see where this "story" takes us and how it fits in with the other songs on the album. It should be an interesting process :diane:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, PropaGaga said:

Everything in the video is original footage intended for "Million Reasons". Gaga went in and recreated very real moments that she's experienced over the past few months. Nothing was pulled from a previous project or an advert shoot.

"Lazy" is the last thing I'd call this, but I'm also not one to judge an entire book based on an excerpt. There's something much larger at play here, as Gaga has now confirmed her intent to unwrap her story through the album's visuals. You can critique the execution, but don't try and clock something when we're not even beyond the intro credits.

It's boring and poorly done. Too many shots of her sitting against a white background pretending to play guitar. The "love you sis" message is cringe. There are many ways to create a simple, beautiful, memorable video for a ballad. This was not it. Gaga's talents are limited, especially when it comes to videos. She needs all the professional help she can get. But we've known this since 2011, which is why over the last 5 years her YouTube views have gone in the pisser. 

MessyTop
26 minutes ago, PropaGaga said:

Everything in the video is original footage intended for "Million Reasons". Gaga went in and recreated very real moments that she's experienced over the past few months. Nothing was pulled from a previous project or an advert shoot.

"Lazy" is the last thing I'd call this, but I'm also not one to judge an entire book based on an excerpt. There's something much larger at play here, as Gaga has now confirmed her intent to unwrap her story through the album's visuals. You can critique the execution, but don't try and clock something when we're not even beyond the intro credits.

I couldn't care lesss. And stop trying to pretend you know inside info. The video is **** and Joanne is dead. Go to bed

PropaGaga
Just now, Edonis said:

No but you're on a pop forum trying to convince people who didn't like the video to continue to stay tuned. Basically. 

75% of GGD still doesnt think it was worth the wait. 

Anyways, I AM actually interested to see where this "story" takes us and how it fits in with the other songs on the album. It should be an interesting process :diane:

No, I was actually clearing up the assumption that this was all recycled footage from months ago... when it's not. I also don't recall saying anything that would "convince" people to stay on board with the campaign. Nothing was said in the way of what fans could or couldn't express, but I do find the notion that it was "lazy" to be misguided so I came on and addressed it. Frankly, I don't care if anyone stays tuned or not.

EnigmaMonSTAR

the video was okay. I guess the reason why it was a let down to some is because the visuals used was things that we've already seen 
perfect illusion
landscape-1481750793-lady-gaga-million-r

victoria's secret bts
tumblr_ohs69yXWfq1uggteeo1_250.gif
ladygaga-1481746297-640x427.png
apple music ad
rs-lady-gaga-78beaa34-a2dc-4abe-b444-243
lady-gaga-apple-music.jpg.ff968aa55b5a9e

maybe if we hadn't seen these visuals, we'd be living for it. but regardless I honestly think that the video was beautifully shot and we got to see a side of gaga that we and even the gp hasn't seen which I think is the point of the video 

PropaGaga
Just now, GagainsiderNYC said:

I couldn't care lesss. And stop trying to pretend you know inside info. The video is **** and Joanne is dead. Go to bed

Sooo glad you took the time out of not caring to reply, though.

MessyTop
1 minute ago, PropaGaga said:

No, I was actually clearing up the assumption that this was all recycled footage from months ago... when it's not. I also don't recall saying anything that would "convince" people to stay on board with the campaign. Nothing was said in the way of what fans could or couldn't express, but I do find the notion that it was "lazy" to be misguided so I came on and addressed it. Frankly, I don't care if anyone stays tuned or not.

Fact: the video was lazy. L A Z Y. Lazy. 

high heeled fem
2 hours ago, Music said:

wow guys..
i'm just bewildered by a majority of you.

1. Gaga is confirming that she's been hurt and is still hurting.
and as pleads, she just needs one good reason to stay; we're supposed to be that one.

2. it's a ballad.

3. it is objectively fantastic and melds great with Perfect Illusion.

demeaning one's work will never be justified.

you know what? i was about to bang on about how crap and ****ing horrible it is... but just after seeing your comment #1...........

its hit home now i feel ****ing bad and embarrassed

wahkeenasitka

I, like many of you on here, am definitely a bit surprised at how underwhelmed I am by this video. 

Frankly, I've been bored with Million Reasons as a song for the last month. I think it was a piss poor choice of a 2nd single. And frankly, I haven't been loving the pink outfits / pink cowboy hat aesthetic she's been rocking. It feels contrived. It doesn't feel authentic. It feels like an attempt to connect with a demographic, rather than an expression of authenticity as an artist. 

I'm not going to complain about Joanne as an album, because actually I think in many ways this album is extremely excellent work, and shows a considerable amount of maturity as an artist and human being. 

But - I feel like the video for MR, and (to a lesser degree) the video for PI, both lack a meaningful story or vision. 

And honestly, I don't blame anyone but Gaga. Personally I feel very strongly that Gaga herself directed the choice for the concept and direction on both of these videos - and strongly influenced the choice of these singles herself. I'm sure there's a healthy dose of control and suggestion by her management and record label, but she is a such a strong willed, self-directed creator that I am sure that These Songs & These Videos represent what she feels is the most authentic expression of where she's at right now. 

But... it's clear that, to her audience - and especially amongst LMs, that it's not resonating & it's not connecting for the most part. 

It feels like she's trying too hard to be as basic and vanilla as possible, in order to be accessible to a very bland, mainstream audience. But again, it's just not translating to actually being accessible. It's just not connecting. Very poor choices. 

I know that LMs want BTW 2.0, and many are frustrated they didn't get what they wanted from Gaga musically. And why I totally empathize with that frustration, I think it wouldn't matter as much - IF the choice of singles & the direction of the music videos connected to Gaga's fans in a way that reached them - rather than being about Gaga's grief. 

I think that maybe, just maybe, the ultimate crux of the issue is narcissism. 

It's really not a big deal to me either way, but I've completely lost interest in this video and I'm completely ready for the next single - which (Gaga if you're reading) really should be Diamond Heart or John Wayne. Just Sayin. 

Don't know what else to say.............. Sigh. Moving on.

Edible Cloud
48 minutes ago, EnigmaMonSTAR said:

the video was okay. I guess the reason why it was a let down to some is because the visuals used was things that we've already seen 
perfect illusion
landscape-1481750793-lady-gaga-million-r

victoria's secret bts
tumblr_ohs69yXWfq1uggteeo1_250.gif
ladygaga-1481746297-640x427.png
apple music ad
rs-lady-gaga-78beaa34-a2dc-4abe-b444-243
lady-gaga-apple-music.jpg.ff968aa55b5a9e

+ Evetyime by Brit-brit:

qqq.png

q.png

qq.png

qqqq.png

BloodyM

I would have rather had her lying down on the ground, looking upwards to the sun smoking a cig for the whole song then this video. There is not connection what so ever and the concept doesn't add up. I hate being negative but this has to be her worst music video. 

• Haroon locked this topic

Archived