šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Gaga on SMAP X SMAP

yASSsss

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

There long span of career proved enough that their music sells. It's just not up your western standards.

I don't think it's my western standards as I used to be a huge K-Pop/J-Pop fan in high school and thought most of the Artists/bands I listened to, could sing.

"My peopleā€¦ need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, myCD said:

edit: the lag is annoying yes. hopefully we get hd soon. its probably out there.

Over in the downloads section.

RAMROD
1 minute ago, lilmonster93 said:

I don't think it's my western standards as I used to be a huge K-Pop/J-Pop fan in high school and thought most of the Artists/bands I listened to, could sing.

Well, we are talking about idols here. Not serious singer like Utada.Ā 

(ļ¾‰ā—•ćƒ®ā—•)ļ¾‰āœ§*:ļ½„ļ¾Ÿ AND I'M VICTORIA, MALCOLM! (*Ā“č‰øļ½€*) ā™”ā™”ā™”

2 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Well, we are talking about idols here. Not serious singer like Utada.Ā 

But isn't she an Idol and great vocalist at the same time?Ā :oprah:

"My peopleā€¦ need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

Reginald

Kawaii! This was the most fun to watch! Outside of a Gaga context, I've never seen SMAP x SMAP but I'm sad to see that it's ending. The sets during performances are stunning, and the interviews are always so cute. PS the Gaga impersonator's makeup, though! That face was beeeeeeat!Ā 

RAMROD
Just now, lilmonster93 said:

But isn't she an Idol and great vocalist at the same time?Ā :oprah:

Ā 

She is not an Idol, that is whole different thing in J-Pop.

AKB48, Morning Musume, KAT-TUN, Ā TOKIO, SMAP, V6, Momoiro, Kyary, and similiar acts are idols.

Utada, Ayumi, Namie, Mika, Koda, Yui, and so on are not.

25 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

There long span of career proved enough that their music sells. It's just not up your western standards.

In fairness though, if the members of One Direction reunited.Ā awkwardly stood around Gaga andĀ sung sections of her song off key I'd be like "WTF, this is awful. They should just leave Gaga to do her thing." One Direction are enormously popular, their music sells, but like... What would they add to the performance?

SMAP don't really contribute much to the performance. I'm sure they are iconic and incredible, I'm sure their music is fantastic and I'm sure that their performances are generally top-notch. When performing alongside Gaga it's like they resemble old, antique furnitureĀ that's been placed around a fancy, contemporary new house. It's nice furniture, that used to be very stylish, it just doesn't look or feel right though. It clashes.

I'm not comparing them to furniture to be mean :toofunny:Ā It sounds kinda awful, it's just the best comparison I could think of. Ā SMAP just seem to be there so the audience can be like "SMAP! Yay! They are great and they are performing with Gaga!" but, to an audience that is unfamiliar to SMAP especially, such a novelty wears pretty thin pretty fast.

RAMROD
Just now, Bebe said:

In fairness though, if the members of One Direction reunited.Ā awkwardly stood around Gaga andĀ sung sections of her song off key I'd be like "WTF, this is awful. They should just leave Gaga to do her thing." One Direction are enormously popular, their music sells, but like... What would they add to the performance?

SMAP don't really contribute much to the performance. I'm sure they are iconic and incredible, I'm sure their music is fantastic and I'm sure that their performances are generally top-notch. When performing alongside Gaga it's like they resemble old, antique furnitureĀ that's been placed around a fancy, contemporary new house. It's nice furniture, that used to be very stylish, it just doesn't look or feel right though. It clashes.

I'm not comparing them to furniture to be mean :toofunny:Ā It sounds kinda awful, it's just the best comparison I could think of. Ā SMAP just seem to be there so the audience can be like "SMAP! Yay! They are great and they are performing with Gaga!" but, to an audience that is unfamiliar to SMAP especially, such a novelty wears pretty thin.

Ā 

Well, make complain to Gaga, I suppose? She can always refuse for them to take part but she didn't. :shrug:

See how she is admired these big names in Japan, I rather think it is mutual thing rather than just "Yay! SMAP performs with Gaga!" as it can also work the other way around, seeing how popular they are in their home country.

Just now, RAMROD said:

Ā 

Well, make complain to Gaga, I suppose? She can always refuse for them to take part but she didn't. :shrug:

See how she is admired these big names in Japan, I rather think it is mutual thing rather than just "Yay! SMAP performs with Gaga!" as it can also work the other way around, seeing how popular they are in their home country.

Of course she could refuse :shrug:Ā She probably should have.

"See how she is admired these big names in Japan, I rather think it is mutual thing rather than just "Yay! SMAP performs with Gaga!" as it can also work the other way around ,seeing how popular they are in their home country."

Yeah :shrug:Ā 

4 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Ā 

She is not an Idol, that is whole different thing in J-Pop.

AKB48, Morning Musume, KAT-TUN, Ā TOKIO, SMAP, V6, Momoiro, Kyary, and similiar acts are idols.

Utada, Ayumi, Namie, Mika, Koda, Yui, and so on are not.

She's above SMAP on the best selling Artists in Japan and is considered 1 of the most influential Japanese Artists. How is she not an idol?

RAMROD
Just now, lilmonster93 said:

She's above SMAP on the best selling Artists in Japan and is considered 1 of the most influential Japanese Artists. How is she not an idol?

Ā 

because "Idol" in Japan is a term for entertainers that mostly are manufactured, have good looks, have Ā super controlled clean image, and as for female idols, have cutesy behavior. And are getting jobs from all fields of showbiz, beside singing.Ā You don't really want to associate that term with someone like Utada. If you do listen to J-Pop you should already know this.

6 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Ā 

because "Idol" in Japan is a term for entertainers that mostly are manufactured, have good looks, have Ā super controlled clean image, and as for female idols, have cutesy behavior. And are getting jobs from all fields of showbiz, beside singing.Ā You don't really want to associate that term with someone like Utada. If you do listen to J-Pop you should already know this.

I said I used to be a huge fan, don't really listen now. K-Pop was more of my thing anyway.

Plus how would I know who was a japanese idol just from listening to their music?Ā I would have to see stats, performances, interviews, and public/critical reception to know something like that.Ā 

RAMROD
14 minutes ago, lilmonster93 said:

I said I used to be a huge fan, don't really listen now. K-Pop was more of my thing anyway.

Plus how would I know who was a japanese idol just from listening to their music?Ā I would have to see stats, performances, interviews, and public/critical reception to know something like that.Ā 

None of that matters, you can spot and idols by the music they choose and the way they brought and dress themselves. It is all so formulaic. K-Pop idols is just similiar, it's just that they take it few notches up than J-Pop idols.

Archived