Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Gaga: sexual assault + other factors led to my PTSD

monsterdino

Featured Posts

monsterdino
2 minutes ago, Tokyo Rose said:

Ignorant stuff like these? The irony :flop:

Engilsh is not my native language and that's not something to laugh about, atleast ik something while there are people who only know 1 language :madge:

U happy now? Glad that you backed up ur opinion with that "argument"

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
President Trump
34 minutes ago, Tokyo Rose said:

I think her approach comes off as one dimensional on the topic of mental health. It seems to revolve around selling her victim status as a relatable trait to the public.

Despite the Born This Way Foundation existing, I don't feel like she has done enough work spreading tangible solutions to mental health issues. I'm dissatisfied with her approach as an adult public figure. 

She started a foundation, even promoted by Oprah, she's been promoting kindness, she visits shelters, she makes donations, she performs at charity events, she hosts events at Harvard, she released an entire album dedicated to acceptance. I don't see how that could ever entail not doing enough. Perhaps she hasn't spread any solutions other than love and acceptance because the pharmacy doesn't accept medical prescriptions from Lady Gaga. What is your suggestion in the area of how she should proceed? 

Ma ma pa pa pa

Tokyo Rose
2 minutes ago, monsterdino said:

U happy now, glad that you backed up ur opinion with that "argument"

It just sounds funny to say "ignorant stuff like these" so I pointed that out. 

monsterdino
3 minutes ago, Tokyo Rose said:

It just sounds funny to say "ignorant stuff like these" so I pointed that out. 

huh you are not even worth it

giphy.gif

Tokyo Rose
2 minutes ago, Ma Ma Pa Pa Pa said:

Perhaps she hasn't spread any solutions other than love and acceptance because the pharmacy doesn't accept medical prescriptions from Lady Gaga. What is your suggestion in the area of how she should proceed? 

And that's why I call her approach shallow or one-dimensional.

There's more to the topic than just "love and acceptance" or getting a prescription.

(Since you asked how I would suggest she proceed), I think she should expand beyond the victim mentality (not to nullify it completely) and be a better adult rolemodel. 

This is just my perspective from watching her approach on the topic since this all started in 2011/2012.

President Trump
6 minutes ago, Tokyo Rose said:

There's more to the topic than just "love and acceptance" or getting a prescription.

(Since you asked how I would suggest she proceed), I think she should expand beyond the victim mentality (not to nullify it completely) and be a better adult rolemodel. 

This is just my perspective from watching her approach on the topic since this all started in 2011/2012.

Well that's fair enough, and I slightly agree, but any negative connotations associated with that I don't agree with. I think she genuinely is trying her best, but that doesn't make her chosen manifestation of this to be shallow or manipulative to some degree, like it's a marketing scheme. I think that she is aware that it could be viewed/used as a selling point, but first of all, it's not exactly a very strong selling point, and secondly, I feel strongly that she is just doing the most she knows how to do in order to be some form of support in the world. She has done some great things for people. Evolving from the victim mentality is something I agree with because I hate to see someone stuck in that mindset for longer than they need to be, but fortunately it appears as though she is not necessarily doing that at the moment. I think that she is just talking about her issues at this point. I get the feeling she accepted them a long time ago. Of course, that can be disrupted if she changes course, but that's how I see it at the moment. 

Ma ma pa pa pa

ryanripley
49 minutes ago, monsterdino said:

You need to take several seats before you start saying ignorant stuff like these :madge:

don't worry sis, this user tried to drag my art :flop: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

monketsharona
2 hours ago, MarryTheKnight said:

....Is she implying that Troy/ARTPOP has given her PTSD?????

To me it's : ARTPOP 'failure', Troy leaving, being hurt during BTWBT, huge amount of criticism all along her career, Madonna 'situation', the press being hard...

• 2 weeks later...
YeehawKylie
On 12/6/2016 at 2:56 PM, Tokyo Rose said:

Ignorant stuff like these? The irony :flop:

TokyoRose looking at one word, most likely autocorrected, rather than a persons point? Shocking. :flop:

Tokyo Rose
8 minutes ago, koonsisme said:

TokyoRose looking at one word, most likely autocorrected, rather than a persons point? Shocking. :flop:

Really!

What, pray tell, was the point I avoided from that post???

YeehawKylie
13 minutes ago, Tokyo Rose said:

Really!

What, pray tell, was the point I avoided from that post???

Avoided? When did I ever write avoided? Please correct your use of this word--I can't function until it's done.

SilkSpectre0
On 06/12/2016 at 8:10 PM, Tokyo Rose said:

You keep referring to this 'victim mentality'.  What exactly do you mean by that? You know that victims of trauma tend to keep their pain inside and never tell anyone and let it eat them up right? That shame and secrecy makes the trauma even worse? So how exactly is it a victims mentality to come out showing a strong example of healing after trauma? coming out to say 'I've been through trauma and I'm still here and not ashamed' is a BIG DEAL in raising awareness. You sound like you're trying to shame her/victims simply for being victims. 

Also so probably because you're too busy judging you haven't listened when gaga has talked about multiple solutions to help with the healing of trauma....

Tokyo Rose
5 hours ago, SilkSpectre0 said:

You sound like you're trying to shame her/victims simply for being victims. 

No I don't. In fact, you're trying to shame me for not regurgitating the status quo with the rest of you. Nothing you wrote pertained to what I said.

SilkSpectre0
4 hours ago, Tokyo Rose said:

No I don't. In fact, you're trying to shame me for not regurgitating the status quo with the rest of you. Nothing you wrote pertained to what I said.

When you use the words 'victim mentality' you are shaming. You're insinuating that being a victim or harmed or in trauma by something is a mindset you can choose to switch up. Its not easy to recover. 

Archived