Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
review

Lady Gaga's SB Halftime Show will be first huge Post-Trump Moment (Video)

asana15

Featured Posts

asana15

On Jan. 21, 2017, Donald Trump—a man whose platforms and growing staff invoke fear in as many Americans as it does hope—will be sworn in as the President of the United States. Fifteen days later, Lady Gaga will perform at the Super Bowl LI halftime show presented by classic American beverage Pepsi. The 30-year-old diva stars today in a two-minute teaser video that feels like a declaration. The "fanifesto" clip intimates that this musical moment won't be a broad feel-good affair but rather a call, subtly or overtly, for fair protection and recognition for the rights of the people the cast of Hamilton recently called, in a message from the stage to guest Vice President-elect Mike Pence...

"...the diverse America who are alarmed and anxious that your new administration will not protect us, our planet, our children, our parents, or defend us and uphold our inalienable rights."

"What I really want is to bring people together that normally wouldn't talk to each other or hang out, or maybe like each other or understand each other," Gaga—the bisexual, world-famous LGBTQ advocate who made "Born This Way," fiercely supports Hillary Clinton and protested at Trump Tower after the Nov. 8 election—says in Pepsi's "fanifesto" promo. "Fandom can do that. It's that powerful. ... It can give somebody the courage to speak up, or come out. Even turn a room full of strangers into a family for three hours on a Sunday."

What Gaga tells us in this video is, "I have a lot of different types of fans. Our community is like, very not–straight-laced. And it's not one type of music that they like. We have eclectic tastes."

"I'm absolutely honored to be doing the Pepsi Halftime Show," she concludes in the clip. "We've been already thinking of all the different ways we can make this a special experience for all the NFL fans. I'm even planning to bring a few fans along with me, because it's not just going to be my moment. It's going to be our moment."

Whichever side of her many-layered self Gaga emphasizes, what songs she plays and what they stand for, whether she drums up more conversation than Queen Bey—it's all immaterial. When it's done, Lady Gaga's Super Bowl halftime show will accomplish, to an extent great or small, what the cast of Hamilton aimed for in that same Nov. 18 address to Mike Pence:

"But we truly hope that this show has inspired you to uphold our American values and to work on behalf of all of us. All of us. We truly thank you for sharing this show, this wonderful American story told by a diverse group of men, women of different colors, creeds and orientations."

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rudz Xinc

"What I really want is to bring people together that normally wouldn't talk to each other or hang out, or maybe like each other or understand each other," she says in a telling clip.

I lost count of how many times she had said this :saladga:

Look at those clowns

SLAYing

This reminds me again of why I love her to death :wub:

So proud to be her fan.. #MonsTer4Life 🐾

Instagram : saurabh_slays

Reality

To be honest, would I be particularly surprised if she politicize the Super Bowl? No. Gaga's always one to stand up for what she believes in, no matter who agrees with her or not.

🃏🖤👹

RadioIsOurs

Does she know that probably more than 3/5 of the NFL fans would actually be Trump supporters... :giveup:

donutellha

cum to mama kiddos

Walk down the runway but don't puke, it's okay. You just had 10 donuts today. Without frosting.

3 minutes ago, Gov Hooka said:

Get ready for a political halftime show :firega:

I cant wait for the controversy :excited2: 

The NFL forbids politically charged songs, imagery and commentary. Which is why Beyoncé got a lot of people talking last year (a few even upset) when she referenced Malcolm X/The Black Panther Movement during her Formation performance last year.

But I do hope Gaga references it. And no chickensh*t. I want her outspoken against Trump. She stood on a damn garbage truck in front of Trump Tower during election night. She better pull a slick one on the NFL/Pepsi and do something headline-worthy. I am praying for a Green Day American Idiot collab during her set and if she's up for it, I'd love a Madonna American Life appearance. It really fits. Or Beyoncé with Freedom and another Black Lives Matter statement.

She better bring the controversy.

4 minutes ago, Arkar Phyomin said:

Plz no politics on Superbowl

Yeah well, too bad. This fanbase is primarily gay. When she's performing, Pence will be VP. Have you read what that man wants to do to our community? What's he's supported in the past? I'm gonna light myself on fire with a match and some gasoline if she DOESN'T deliver something political. The whole world watches that show. We all need a message and that message is anti-Trump.

NOT trying to be negative; I'm so f*cking excited for the show, BUT. 

Doing a whole anti-Trump thing doesn't seem like a good idea to me. I feel like the majority of people there are huge conservatives and would boo her if she tried to pull anything political:toofunny:

Archived