💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

question

Broadway after Joanne?

jereve

Featured Posts

FATCAT

Y'all. She's a good actor, but she's not Broadway good.

AHS was fun, the Academy Award was nice, but that doesn't mean she suddenly gets to toss herself into serious and heavily scrutinized fields. Also, she'd probably be mocked for getting her roles through her stardom, not her talent. 

Purr more, hiss less.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FATCAT
19 hours ago, AlexanderMagno said:

I'd love to see her in Broadway after a major album success. The impact would be so much bigger and she would have the confidence to go for it.

Her endeavours outside the pop world (jazz, acting, etc etc) were always after a commercial failure. I know it was a way to rebrand her and restore some of her image, but if she goes Broadway after a major pop success people will actually care and she will truly be known as the most versatile pop star in our generation, instead of a fading star who is trying to restore her power.

Her Jazz album with Tony was a commercial success. It sold more than ARTPOP.

AHS was pretty popular, and got a lot of viewers. You can't really fail with that kind of viewership.

Broadway, however, won't solve her issues of fading out of the limelight. Only her music career can do that, and she doesn't want to save it anyway.

Purr more, hiss less.

3 minutes ago, Gagaiagr8 said:

She was singing jazz way after the album release on the c2c tour  (ended July 2015) and she kept singing jazz right after the superball, e.g Sean Parker and Jane Austin, some Hillary thing at the DNC, where her voice was peaking. now it's going down slightly. 

I don't see it. Her voice sounds just as strong IMO. All performances this year been spread out and it doesn't seem like her smoking and drinking habits have increased, if anything they probably decreased. So I don't her voice being negatively impacted this year. I don't think 1 slightly off performance this year, means her vocals declined. All her recent performances like the AMAs or her impromptu street performances, have been vocally killer.

I really just think that her voice sounds fuller and more prominent when she sings Jazz, so when she switches back to other genres her voice appears weaker. When in reality it's not, it's just the vocal style/delivery of the genre.

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

Archived