Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Will the GP ever acknowledge Gaga's singing skills ?

Oriane

Featured Posts

Oriane

For years now, Gaga has proved thousands of times that she was an accomplished singer (and musician). There have been her acoustic performances since the beginning of her career. There was Cheek to Cheek and a tour followed. Since the end of 2014, she has done many covers in many registers, for different events. And now she released Joanne, the pop album that showcases her voice the most so far.

She went everywhere, on TV shows all around the world, on big stages watched by millions of people like the Oscars or the Superbowl.

But still, the majority of people don't know she can sing. The only thing that comes to their mind when you say "Lady Gaga" is the meat dress and "rah rah rah ah ah ah". For every great performance, there are always people who discover her, are shocked to learn she can sing and some of them even become interested in her.

So is she ever going to be considered as a great singer by the majority of people ? (Just like, for example, the majority of people think that Whitney Houston or Adele are great singers) Will the truth spread little by little or will she be considered the "woman who wore the meat dress" even when she's 80 ?

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

I don't think the entire GP will ever believe it, but since Oscars2015 & SB50 more people are paying attention. 

They know and they have acknowledged, it's not that dramatic.

Too many people here with moral superiority complex.

Every time Gaga does an event that showcases her vocals, the entire of social media is like "who knew GaGa could sing like this????"

And its an endless cycle every damn time :saladga: 

Signature loading… 👹🖤

gagaisitalian

Why does this always come up?

Gaga gets praised all the time when she shines. People were head-over-heals for her after the Oscars 2015 and SB National Anthem.

Little Monsters can be so insecure sometimes. 

Not unless she gets a #1, iconic (viral), hit single that showcases her vocals ala Will Always Love You or Hello.

I think the problem is the GP's unwillingness to acknowledge it even if they have just watch an outstanding interpretation of the Star-Spangled Banner. Many people just refuse to consider Gaga something different from this 'crazy woman who wore the meat dress' :neyde:

"I'm not a GaGa fan but I didn't know she could sing" 

This is usually the top comment on any article after a show. :toofunny:

check FB esp

Probably not, but I think the bigger problem is that the gp doesn't actually care. You don't need to be a good singer to get a hit song. You don't need to be a good singer to perform live - lipsync exists. No matter how many people know that she's a talented singer and a musician, the talent won't be appreciated as much as it should be.

Archived