Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
question

Is Gaga still the "Master of the Art of Fame"?

monstereo

Featured Posts

androiduser

I am not really sure how I would answer this.

She is definitely interested in different things nowadays, I am just not sure if she's that great at chasing her new interests?

She's definitely not choosing to flop/succeed. I'm sure Gaga wouldn't even have mentioned not wanting to be famous had ARTPOP not flopped.

If you ask me, ARTPOP's reception changed Gaga to the core. We wouldn't have had the C2C and Joanne eras as we know them if ARTPOP's success was equal to her previous releases

gagzus

I believe that at the time she believed she had mastered Fame having had the same level of success with her debut album as stars have with their ultimate magnum opus albums, but I believe she probably realised after she got rid of most of her peak era team that she hadn't.

in her peak she HAD mastered Fame in the way Beyoncé has mastered fame, excellent PR and a great team behind you. Troy was an excellent manager and she had an excellent stylist, producing collaborator and more. I do feel personally she got egotistical and believed that her name and brand could carry her and that's why Troy left her because she probably was like "**** you I can sell 10mil albums without you" and then of course she found out she couldn't and her image became tainted after being overexposed for 4 years straight (2008-2012) and then I think as she approached true adulthood and met Taylor she realised her life wasn't as spectacular as she thought it was and then her goals changed. I don't believe she's fully accepted that she was who she was at the time and can't move on from being a massive success but if she wanted to be she could go back to it all she needs is redone, a full promo schedule and play off her iconography again (I.e. Use tech infused outfits and have the blonde bang wig again). But now she doesn't want it anymore.

But time will tell as I'm sure her views will change undoubtably next era when she probably will either go back to making dance music or will go outside the box and make an alt pop album

MessyTop
22 minutes ago, Robot said:

She's definitely not choosing to flop/succeed. I'm sure Gaga wouldn't even have mentioned not wanting to be famous had ARTPOP not flopped.

If you ask me, ARTPOP's reception changed Gaga to the core. We wouldn't have had the C2C and Joanne eras as we know them if ARTPOP's success was equal to her previous releases

THIS!!!

ARTPOP messed her up badly. I think she second guesses everything now. Hence the album and then anew album and then Joanne. Mess

Aga Gydal

This "master of the art of fame" line was congruent with Gaga's brand at the time. She was selling herself as a pop cultural force. In other words, it's just a line. If she were truly a "master" in that sense then she'd probably be more willing to sacrifice her own musical interests in favor of singles and videos that catered to meme culture and social media gimmicks. 

I'd say if there's someone out there who has a true, calculated understanding of the "art of fame" it would be Beyonce. Her releases are effortless and she commands pop culture, even though she doesn't pump out radio hits. I think Gaga's gone rogue and is too busy re-branding herself right now to do the same.

sipthistea

She still is, but she's too smart to keep on with the fame monster games, so she decided to become an indie queen with a smaller cult crew. Or at least that's what I read. 

Archived