💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Has Gaga lost her Marketing Touch?

KleinGa

Featured Posts

KleinGa

It's quite indisputable that Gaga pioneered the use of the internet in creating a following and a fan base and promoting music. The internet shaped her entire career in the beginning and today it's the same for many artists. Basically they all have Gaga to thank for what the internet can/ does to their careers.

I mean Gaga was ahead of the game with her twitter following, Youtube views, Facebook likes, later her own social media (which failed but still was a noble effort)

But... with the introduction of STREAMING, Gaga seems to be lagging. It's almost as if this is one aspect of the new technological age the great Gaga can not conquer. However, it seems to me that she's not even trying to take it on and she's just going along with things the old way. Music's interaction with the internet has certainly changed from the early 2008's and will only welcome pioneering innovation to make a huge mark (or a hit single) like when Beyonce shook us all with self-titled (she basically overtook iTunes - all the banners and each and every image on the front page was her and all her past albums were displayed and everything). 

I think Gaga has some of the most innovative ideas as a modern artist but it seems to me that she's yet to come up with a plan on how she's going to penetrate the biggest giant today- streaming and how she intends to battle with the new age internet.

Thoughts?

DeanWinchester

According to true fans she doesnt want hits anymore

On a more serious note, she doesnt want to be overworked, which Bobby respects. They have good relationship because of that but of course it affects the album promo rollout because Bobby wouldnt want to strain Gaga as per her own wish.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

MadeInManu

I agree with everything but I think Joanne is not that kind of album to be overworked or promote in a big way, in fact, I think Joanne doesn't deserve the SuperBowl

Fiona Apple
3 minutes ago, MadeInManu said:

I agree with everything but I think Joanne is not that kind of album to be overworked or promote in a big way, in fact, I think Joanne doesn't deserve the SuperBowl

It's not like she will only perform Joanne songs on the Superbowl

ryanripley

why she hasn't made a 4k 360 virtual reality d*ck sucking machine of a music video yet, i'll never know :nails: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

GhettoFabulous

I feel like she hasn't it's just the way she wants to do things now but I think she kinda knows what she wants to do also?

Cuz if Gaga wants to be the most talked about person again I think she knows exactly what to do 

10 minutes ago, GhettoFabulous said:

I feel like she hasn't it's just the way she wants to do things now but I think she kinda knows what she wants to do also?

Cuz if Gaga wants to be the most talked about person again I think she knows exactly what to do 

#JusticeForDWUW

But I think in the next era, she'll go back into full promo mode.

With those bops by RedOne, Rodgers and Daft Punk hopefully :lana:

potato corner
16 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

why she hasn't made a 4k 360 virtual reality d*ck sucking machine of a music video yet, i'll never know :nails: 

haha

Ryusei
29 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

why she hasn't made a 4k 360 virtual reality d*ck sucking machine of a music video yet, i'll never know  

Kinda wondering for real right now why nobody in the western music world has made a VR or 360 degree mv yet

Musery

MaryJaneHolland
10 minutes ago, kvnrp said:

But I think in the next era, she'll go back into full promo mode.

we said this for Joanne era too

tumblr_o1wdtsRPQD1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

ryanripley
8 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

Kinda wondering for real right now why nobody in the western music world has made a VR or 360 degree mv yet

i know bjork has done a couple but literally same...

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

AlexanderMagno

Apparently, she's not into it right now.

Who knows what Gaga really thinks about this? In my opinion, this new attitude from her is her own way of coping with the decrease of success. She used to sell millions, if she was obsessed about those numbers she would go crazy. 

It's hard to know if she really lost her touch, because we've come to realise it is more about the team behind her. The use of the internet, that made her the biggest pop star, was definitely Troy's concept, who has made serious investments in technology.

33 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

KleinGa
34 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

@BorisIsHere girl here's an idea that can put you back on top. ;)

Archived