💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Should Gaga skip touring this era?

Dorothy Gale

Featured Posts

5 minutes ago, Bebe said:

Think Beyonce after the superbowl.

It was after 4, she had no top 10 hits from that era.
4 era was already over, people expected another album.
Beyonce performs at SB with no new material.
Beyonce starts The Mrs. Carter Show World Tour a year after the 4 era ended.
Tour is a huge success.
Beyonce releases her first surprise visual album.
Beyonce becomes untouchable. 

yeah but shes not beyonce

10 minutes ago, Bebe said:

Nooooo, the Superbowl is promo for the tour...

There is a reason the NFL was looking to try and nab some percentages of artist's tour gross after they performed at the superbowl. 

Think Beyonce after the superbowl.

It was after 4, she had no top 10 hits from that era.
4 era was already over, people expected another album.
Beyonce performs at SB with no new material.
Beyonce starts The Mrs. Carter Show World Tour a year after the 4 era ended.
Tour is a huge success.
Beyonce releases her first surprise visual album.
Beyonce becomes untouchable. 

It wouldn't make sense to avoid going on tour after performing on the biggest stage in the world. That's all giant promotion for her tour.

OMG THIS. I'm screenshotting this.

6 minutes ago, AntiPotCrusader said:

It's not really a wasted opportunity. A SuperBowl performance will be remembered for years and the continued exposure from Joanne era + SB halftime + ACS + ASIB + it's soundtrack will make Gaga an even bigger touring force than one SB performance. 

In a perfect world maybe, but you can't guarantee that it'd be a performance to remember nor can you guarantee that ACS and ASIB is gonna bring exposure in her favour. What if both get bad reviews? What is the movie 'flops'? People are already very vocal about their opinions on Gaga's acting. not touring after performing on a major american platform would only guarantee that the album lose its momentum as Gaga focuses on ACS/ASIB throughout the year.

36 minutes ago, AntiPotCrusader said:

Honestly, compared to other fans I get less excited for tours. I mean I think we can all agree that Gaga has a lot of amazing things planned in 2017. We'll get ACS season 3, SuperBowl, Joanne singles (God willing), and in 2018 we'll have A Star Is Born and its soundtrack which will for all intents and purposes be LG6. I think these things could propel Gaga into a new golden age of her career. 

It makes more sense to tour Joanne and ASIB soundtrack in 2019, as an extravagant double tour. 

Why are you not excited for tours? Have you never seen her live? :oprah:

Although this is a cool concept. I don't think she is stupid enough to not go on tour. Since it will be right after her Super Bowl performance. Interscope is ready to cash in on them coins, In the name of Gagas dead aunt. #JoanneBall 

1 hour ago, Gabi said:

I'm not trying to say that :shrug: I was just using her as an example. 

The reason the NFL wanted to take cuts from the tours of artists who performed is because it creates huge demand for ticket sales. A year after a disappointing era Beyonce managed to sell out an acclaimed and commercially successful world tour with no new music, largely in part because of her Superbowl performance.

You know how companies spend top dollar for those huge fancy advertisements during Superbowl commercial break? The Superbowl Halftime show is a giant 10-12 minute advertising spot for the performer during the most watched show in the world. It's huge and it moves ticket sales.

malazam
3 hours ago, Gabi said:

but she proved her touring power without the Super Bowl :usrs:

another shot before we kiss the other side

Archived