💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

5 quotes from Emotion Revolution...

giskardsb

Featured Posts

giskardsb

seems worth repeating some of this stuff here.

http://www.upworthy.com/5-applause-worthy-quotes-from-lady-gagas-candid-conversation-about-emotions-at-yale-university

1. On confronting her lifelong struggle with struggle with depression and anxiety 

"I invented myself, Lady Gaga, I curated my life to be an expression of my pain. This is how I overcame my depression. It's by creating somebody that I felt was stronger than me. But once I went through all sorts of changes, my career taking off, becoming isolated ... nothing was able to fix how I was genetically made. I was born this way."

2. On learning to love yourself 

"No matter how much success you have, no matter how many opportunities, fame, fortune, no matter how many accept you to your face, the person that really needs to accept you is you."

3. On the importance of saying "no"

"I realized that part of my identity is saying no to things I don't wanna do. ... It is your right to choose what you do and don't do. It is your right to choose what you believe in and don't believe in. It is your right to curate your life and your own perspective."

4. On making emotions cool again 

"Our emotions are put in this compartment with a massive stigma around it that it is just not cool to feel. We have to make it cool to feel again..."

5. On battling negativity and ignorance on the Internet

"You have to be a rebel. ... You have to be the antithesis of the status quo. You have to work against it. It's not about a reaction. You don't need to react to anything. We need to be proactive in our own movement of positivity."

This sort of stuff speaks to me on such a deep level.

I'm so happy my fave understands the struggle. :diane: 

❤ x ❤

ZombieMirror
57 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

seems worth repeating some of this stuff here.

http://www.upworthy.com/5-applause-worthy-quotes-from-lady-gagas-candid-conversation-about-emotions-at-yale-university

1. On confronting her lifelong struggle with struggle with depression and anxiety 

"I invented myself, Lady Gaga, I curated my life to be an expression of my pain. This is how I overcame my depression. It's by creating somebody that I felt was stronger than me. But once I went through all sorts of changes, my career taking off, becoming isolated ... nothing was able to fix how I was genetically made. I was born this way."

2. On learning to love yourself 

"No matter how much success you have, no matter how many opportunities, fame, fortune, no matter how many accept you to your face, the person that really needs to accept you is you."

3. On the importance of saying "no"

"I realized that part of my identity is saying no to things I don't wanna do. ... It is your right to choose what you do and don't do. It is your right to choose what you believe in and don't believe in. It is your right to curate your life and your own perspective."

4. On making emotions cool again 

"Our emotions are put in this compartment with a massive stigma around it that it is just not cool to feel. We have to make it cool to feel again..."

5. On battling negativity and ignorance on the Internet

"You have to be a rebel. ... You have to be the antithesis of the status quo. You have to work against it. It's not about a reaction. You don't need to react to anything. We need to be proactive in our own movement of positivity."

emotions are overrated I think that the society should  be ruled by ration  and the truth is that only we alone can get past a problem and something the more we talk about a situation that marked us in the past the more it affects us and make it hard for us to move forward :koons:

President Trump
22 minutes ago, ZombieMirror said:

emotions are overrated I think that the society should  be ruled by ration  and the truth is that only we alone can get past a problem and something the more we talk about a situation that marked us in the past the more it affects us and make it hard for us to move forward :koons:

My thoughts exactly.

Ma ma pa pa pa

Archived