The Weeknd - Starboy Official Thread

OBEY

Featured Posts

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kim Kardashian

tumblr_m7h3k1cQF41r4wyx0o5_r2_250.gif

Thank you Abel for filling in the void in my heart that was left by Joanne.

Shop SKIMS & SKKN BY KIM online! The Kardashians streaming now on Hulu and Disney+!

ItsTommyBitch

Sidewalks is conflicting to me. The Sam Smith feature feels a bit random, he adds just a bit of different color to the song, and thematically I guess it makes some sense for the post-chorus not to be Abel, but its an interesting choice. I thought Sam Smith finally dropped off the face of the earth tbh :poot:

Kendrick's verse is... :giveup: 

and i LOVE the way the guitar and background processed vocals weave along side each other, its beautifully done and super atmospheric with the drum kicks and bass in the background... but Kendrick's verses and hook are not melodically very strong to me :shrug: Like, I also thought it was the autotune turning me off, but I actually think with the production not having it auto-tuned would sound odd, i think its the melody itself I find weak. It's still a great song. Also, super miniscule detail, but sometimes he starts verses with the same intervals regardless of key, it feels accidental, like where his natural voice levels out; they always branch out pretty quick, but like I heard him start this song and immediately thought of 3 other songs where he also started with the exact same melodic line. Idk if casual listeners would pick that up, but its interesting to me. I don't have perfect pitch, just relative pitch, so I'll have to go back and check, but its the inflection and intervals from 1 to the next that are the same. 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Young Americans

JESUS HOLD MY WEAVE that song stargirl interlude with lana del rey is SOOOO GOOD???? oh my god

ItsTommyBitch

Hip-hop and R&B both have a complicated history with talking about the stereotype of a gold digger, or a hoe, homewrecker, hustler, etc, but I actually really like Six Feet Under's lyrics, its just telling the story of this woman and not condemning her or even making lewd sexual passes at her, it might even be applauding her for doing her thing. It's refreshingly open ended :flutter: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Morphine Prince
1 minute ago, Versace19069 said:

A lonely night.:giveup: Daft Punk's magic.

They didn't work on that one, I think.

Max Martin did though. 

Max Martin magic :giveup:

The Surrealist

"Rockin" is great and I like "Attention". Not really digging the rest. There is no artistic growth, no innovative sound and the songwriting doesn't stand out as well. It is however well-produced and Lana Del Rey + Daft Punk were quite surprising to hear on this album.

EDIT: Watch this get a better metascore than Joanne just because it isn't sung by Gaga and Daft Punk is on this album.

39 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

They didn't work on that one, I think.

Max Martin did though. 

Max Martin magic :giveup:

Weird cause it reminds me of their work.:huh: Still slayed.

Archived