💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

new music

The Weeknd - Starboy Official Thread

OBEY

Featured Posts

RichAssPiss
13 hours ago, ItsTommyBitch said:

Sidewalks is conflicting to me. The Sam Smith feature feels a bit random, he adds just a bit of different color to the song, and thematically I guess it makes some sense for the post-chorus not to be Abel, but its an interesting choice. I thought Sam Smith finally dropped off the face of the earth tbh :poot:

Kendrick's verse is... :giveup: 

and i LOVE the way the guitar and background processed vocals weave along side each other, its beautifully done and super atmospheric with the drum kicks and bass in the background... but Kendrick's verses and hook are not melodically very strong to me :shrug: Like, I also thought it was the autotune turning me off, but I actually think with the production not having it auto-tuned would sound odd, i think its the melody itself I find weak. It's still a great song. Also, super miniscule detail, but sometimes he starts verses with the same intervals regardless of key, it feels accidental, like where his natural voice levels out; they always branch out pretty quick, but like I heard him start this song and immediately thought of 3 other songs where he also started with the exact same melodic line. Idk if casual listeners would pick that up, but its interesting to me. I don't have perfect pitch, just relative pitch, so I'll have to go back and check, but its the inflection and intervals from 1 to the next that are the same. 

It's not Sam Smith! It's Daniel Wilson. 

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ItsTommyBitch
10 minutes ago, RichAssPiss said:

It's not Sam Smith! It's Daniel Wilson. 

Noted :emma:

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

blackstar

i'M ListenIng to the album right now and here I am, sitting in my room, left in SHOOK after listening to it. STARBOY is the album of 2016. Sorry not sorry Joanne :classy:

Dilated, falling free in a modern ecstasy

Glittertinks

I have been listening to this album the whole day and I am obsessed. He did not disappoint. I love Rockin' and Love to Lay (and a few more :lolly:). But my absolute fave is Secrets!

In general I love the sound of this album, it's so amazing :giveup:

Spoiler

and let's be honest, I thought Joanne would have this kind of sound (at least influenced) and I guess I will rot in hell for that comment :hor:

Judas Oyster
8 hours ago, Morphine Prince said:

I noticed this too! lol

It's such a weird coincidence tbh :emma:

Judas Oyster
8 hours ago, loribeverlygirl said:

where I can listen to it for free??? :creepflop:

Spotify - get a free user

Judas Oyster
52 minutes ago, Britney Spears said:

Should I listen to the album?

How is that even a real question. RUN AND HIT PLAY!

Judas Oyster

Secrets

Can somebody please tell me what inspiration they hear?
I'm 100% sure it sounds a lot like something I've already heard but I can't come up with any artist name or song! The closest thing I can think of is Empire of the Sun. But I feel it reminds me of something else too.

Judas Oyster
15 hours ago, Morphine Prince said:

This album is all I will play in my car for weeks tbh :rip:

Same😂

tumblr_oe82rsLm7d1r9spw1o1_500.gif 

AlexanderMagno
16 hours ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

Album's great. But I find it sexist that nobody's pointing out he worked with a million writers and producers on the album. When Bey released Lemonade GGD bashed her for the same thing. :oprah: 

I don't think it's sexist, at least here in GGD, simply because people give more attention to Beyoncé. She's a female artist, more successful, has more fans and is closer to Gaga's status. Everyone notice what she does. The Weeknd is much less meaningful for people around here, so no one really cares.

Archived