new music

The Weeknd - Starboy Official Thread

OBEY

Featured Posts

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

Album's great. But I find it sexist that nobody's pointing out he worked with a million writers and producers on the album. When Bey released Lemonade GGD bashed her for the same thing. :oprah: 

cos its beyonce and a lot of members here seem to have a thing against beyonce most of them will brush over the teams of producers and writers on starboy, something they highly criticized queen bey for.

giphy.gif

ps the album is v good, some of tracks take a little bit to get into but overall its good. 

ItsTommyBitch

Nothing without you is kind of simple and repetitive, but it knocks, its underrated.

This honestly is more brooding, dark pop than R&B/Hip-Hop and I actually still really like it from Abel. His voice works with both so well, 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Katsuki Bakugo
7 hours ago, katykatt said:

what else do you expect from an album ??????????

Something that sounded as new and fresh as his singles. It sounded like leftovers from his previous album. Some new tracks and the singles. I love it. I'm just being real with my feelings on it.

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Anderson123

I've only listened to the first 12 tracks but as soon as I have enough time to listen to it all the way through I'll see how I feel about it. So far I like it a lot, it might be one of my favorites of the year. It has a lot of songs though, so it's going to take some time to get used to what each of them sound like.

Love Six Feet Under. Ever since I read the name of the song I wondered what it'd sound like and I love it.

RichAssPiss
7 hours ago, MelbHawker said:

Definitely the best album of this year.

:wub:

I'm in love with The Weeknd's musicality. Each song on this album is strong. The production is so clean, the vocals are absolutely beautiful. I'm obsessed - I find myself unable to fault it. This album is going to be HUGE. 

Sidewalks, A Lonely Night, I Feel It Coming are BIG songs. 

The voice on the chorus of "Sidewalks" is Daniel Wilson. Check him out. He's really talented. 

RichAssPiss
17 hours ago, OBEY said:

I'm a flop i started to play the album with the Stargirl interlude, so i didnt listen to songs before #8 yet.

Six Feet Under, Sidewalks and Love To Lay slayed me :diane:  but all songs are good :giveup: 

but Love To Lay surprised me a lot its so good. listening to All I Know right now

The voice on the chorus of "Sidewalks" is Daniel Wilson. Check him out. He is really talented. 

Eightpop

Stargirl Interlude should've been longer WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!?! :duck: it's so damn perfect

I'm so mad it's not a proper song :crossed:

RichAssPiss
13 hours ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

Sidewalks features vocals from Sam Smith :diane: 

No. That is Daniel Wilson on the chorus. He is amazing. 

Ooolong

Secrets and Die For You are amazing; I've had Secrets on repeat all morning :giveup:. Easily one of my favorite albums of the year. As of now I think my current ranking for my top five albums of the year are: 

Spoiler

1. Joanne 

2. Starboy (Joanne beats it by JUST the slightest, but I think it's just because of my love for Gaga)

3. Lemonade

4. HERE 

5. ANTI

Also, doesn't anyone have HQ links to the Starboy photoshoot? I can't find any :giveup:.

The Unbannable Chanteuse

Archived