Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
opinion

Dive bar shows correlating with the city

Stephen

Featured Posts

Stephen

It's just an observation/interpretation I had a few weeks ago but forgot to post.

In Nashville she premiered "Sinner's Prayer", probably the most country song, and "Million Reasons" with Hillary Lindsey who is from Nashville. Also she wore a pink cowboy hat.

gettyimages-612924600-15480e85-95e3-4d93

In New York she wore a leather jacket and boots, she premiered "Diamond Heart" and "Joanne" two very personal songs about her life in New York. Her attitude was very "rock star" and she seemed the most comfortable with the crowd at this show, imo.

Bud+Light+X+Lady+Gaga+Dive+Bar+Tour+NYC+

The LA show saw her as the closest to the "pop star" Gaga we've seen in the past. She had long blonde hair, a shiny outfit, a head mic, and did choreography. 

lady-gaga-dive-bar-la.jpg.fcb40c399167ac

I think it's pretty cool how she changed each show for the different cities. If you're unsure what to expect from the Super Bowl or the Joanne tour, I think it's  a safe bet to expect it to be a combination of the pop star, rock star, and country girl! :) 

Reality

Great observation, I really only noticed it for the Nashville one, but now that you mention it, it did seem like she tried to coordinate with NY and LA too.

And some people thought this whole album would be country just because of the Nashville performances :giveup:

𝐼 𝒥𝒰𝒮𝒯 𝒩𝐸𝐸𝒟 𝒜 𝒟𝒪𝒮𝐸 𝒪𝐹 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝑅𝐼𝒢𝐻𝒯 𝒮𝒯𝒰𝐹𝐹

Reality
3 minutes ago, TropicOfCANCER said:

i thought this was obvious to everyone?

I thought that the Nashville one was pretty obvious, but I didn't notice it with NY and LA :sweat:

𝐼 𝒥𝒰𝒮𝒯 𝒩𝐸𝐸𝒟 𝒜 𝒟𝒪𝒮𝐸 𝒪𝐹 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝑅𝐼𝒢𝐻𝒯 𝒮𝒯𝒰𝐹𝐹

Stephen
31 minutes ago, lego said:

I noticed this too, that's why I was worried after Nashville and relieved after NYC gig. :diane: 

Same :air:

51 minutes ago, Noah said:

No wonder why the LA Show was my favorite :flop:

NYC was my fave :firega:

HOTNebraskaGuy

Here I was thinking we all already knew this and were on the same track. :sweat:

Glad you found out eventually though. I loved the Nashville one the best. :hor:

One, five, ten lay a million on me

I thought this was an obvious given. Nevertheless, great observation @Steve Nasty!

Each set had its obvious pro's (barely any cons, imo), but I personally loved her NYC set the most. As OP said, it's probably where she felt most comfortable, and it definitely showed.

Maybe I just like wild, "hometown hero" Gaga.

3 points in and ready for more

One thing bothers me. We got HD Nashville individual performances uploaded on her channel? Or was it Bud Light's? Anyway. I remember they fixed the audio issues, the stream was a bit different. 

BUT, we didn't get the same from my fav NYC gig, and that is what I call injustice.  

FW3tyl9.jpg

FreePalestine

Stephen
53 minutes ago, Miel said:

I thought this was an obvious given. Nevertheless, great observation @Steve Nasty!

Each set had its obvious pro's (barely any cons, imo), but I personally loved her NYC set the most. As OP said, it's probably where she felt most comfortable, and it definitely showed.

Maybe I just like wild, "hometown hero" Gaga.

Maybe I'm slow :emma: and yea I totally agree

1 minute ago, Steve Nasty said:

Maybe I'm slow :emma: and yea I totally agree

No it's fine! Haha.

I only noticed after the NYC show. The initial advertisements really portrayed the whole tour like how Nashville was presented- very raw country Americana, drifter, "playing from the heart" type (though Nashville was a bit campier than that lmao).

NYC kind of played on that, but it was much more The Stefani Germanotta Band than I expected.

LA was pure camp!pop, lmao.

3 points in and ready for more

14 hours ago, Skai Jackson said:

Such an odd thing to notice. I hope she does this for the Joanne tour.

100% here for this! 

Archived