Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
opinion

Open Letter to Monsters

joannesrats

Featured Posts

joannesrats

I know that I'm going to get dragged for this, so I don't care what anyone has to say to me. This is me to a group of monsters out there that doesn't understand Gaga, mental illness, and fame. 

I was reading a few threads about how Gaga is handling fame, how she's dealing with the breakup, and how she acts in the eras. The general thoughts were that she isn't trying to get past the breakup with Taylor, that she is complaining about the fame and the lack of privacy even though she wanted it, that she is playing a victim card, etc. NONE of you know what is going through her head as a celebrity. Nobody here does. Nobody here knows what it is like to walk out of your house and not have any sort of control over what people do with you.

"Gaga asked for the fame! She should just grow up and get over it!" Yes, she wanted to become famous. But, as someone else has pointed out, she didn't know what it was like. It is like having a crush on someone, getting to date them, realizing that they're an ass. It is in her complete right to speak out about how her and other celebrities have an incredible lack of privacy. Why do you think MJ owned a huge compound? Why do you think Gaga moved from NYC to live on her huge piece of land? She wants to be in control of what people see, and she can't do that. She can't call the police and tell them that people are stalking her. To them it doesn't matter, but she's a person, and she deserves to be treated as such.

As for the victim card? Well, she's a victim of a lot of things. She has been sexually assaulted, she has depression, she was mistreated by her manager and label, she has the precursor to lupus, the public (AND HER FANS) have treated her like dirt whenever she isn't successful, but just as she gets successful again? They're wrapped around her finger. She has every right to talk about what she's been through, as much as she wants to. You have no control over her, stop complaining. If you are tired of her talking about what she feels and what she has experienced then that is your problem - not hers. 

At the end of the day, nobody here knows what Gaga, or any other celebrity, is going through. We could barely survive a day in their place with the amount of pressure put on them from the GP and their management. It's disgusting.

(Also, if you don't like how Gaga is acting, unstan and get out. She doesn't need that negativity, and neither does this fanbase.)

That thread is one of the most repugnant ones I've ever seen here. I never commented on it but as a person who has suffered with depression my whole life I felt completely disrespected just by reading some of the comments. People are disgusting.

Princess Zelda

Totally agree. It's sad to see so many of her own fans talk about her like that. I feel like many don't even care about her wellbeing, they just care about sales and getting everything they want and expect from her like she's our servant or something. 

RAMROD

Is the Gaga crying on CBS thread?

I hope you come prepared, people will attack you, man!

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

joannesrats
Just now, RAMROD said:

Is the Gaga crying on CBS thread?

I hope you come prepared, people will attack you, man!

It is that thread. I don't care what they have to say, either. They can say it and it doesn't matter to me. If they aren't smart enough to respect her or try to think about what they're saying, then they're not smart enough for me to bother listening to them. 

Thank you !!!!!!! This had to be said. It makes me so sad and mad how many on here are almost hating on her, literally saying she "betrayed" you because you don't like her current era.. it makes me sick. She is a person. A human being who is obviously very sensitive, caring and has a beautiful soul. This album means the world to her, she put all her emotion in it, and she's obviously struggling lately - chronic pain, Taylor, the election etc.. she feels things so deeply and she loves us so much, so the least we can do is respect her as a human being. She is one of the most famous people and none of us can even come close to understanding what it feels like to have that much pressure on you, especially if you have a lot of personal problems to deal with as well and are as emotional she she is. I love her so much and feel so deeply connected to her. I really wish I could meet her and just talk to her as a normal person, because we know how much she misses that. I'd love to just talk to her about life. 

superhuman

doja scat

Great post. I was so angry at some of the comments there too, so many selfish people dismissing her and saying horrible things about her depression and her "overreacting". 

don’t get stabbed with the (b)rat tooth

AlexanderMagno

I love this fanbase, we take Gaga so, so so damn seriously we forget she's a pop star. I'm not sure this kind of stanning happens in other fanbases, but anyway this is why Gaga is the Pope of Pop.

Diamond Heart

I agree.
To some fans, they just dont give a damn about Gaga. They just want 'hits' to have stan culture receipts or some weird bullshit. Its sad & disturbing.

Gaga is not your dancing monkey, she is human. 
You actually get fans that think that GAGA OWES THEM something :rip: Cause you got BTW for 99c in 2011 that Gaga needs to completely cater to you?
Newsflash your completely insignificant. Your not in charge of Gagas career or the way she feels :saladga:

"GGD IS NOT FOR YOU" - Admin

Eighteen

agree. to me to actively seek fame can be unwise because for many you lose far too much for the sake of it in this day and age. but unfortunately that's kind of how you make it in businesses like the music industry (unless you use sia's strategy). i feel like the GP should go easier on famous people (like justin bieber) who are obviously not handling fame well. 

Microscope

Some of the replies on this forum have been quite hurtful to read. But it also shows how many people are uninformed about depression.

"It's important to remember that depression is a disease with a biological basis along with psychological and social implications. It's not simply a weakness that somebody should 'get over'."

People should start with watching that video. A basic understanding of what it is can potentially save a life. I'm glad that the people I spoke to when I had hard times were educated about this topic. If the advice I'd gotten was similar to what many users have said here, I'm not sure what would have happened.

Also, empathy's another cute skill to learn. (For the sake of any future people who may come to certain users irl for advice during hard times.)

Take my hand. Stay, Joanne.

Letmelivemylife
1 hour ago, Farron said:

Thank you !!!!!!! This had to be said. It makes me so sad and mad how many on here are almost hating on her, literally saying she "betrayed" you because you don't like her current era.. it makes me sick. She is a person. A human being who is obviously very sensitive, caring and has a beautiful soul. This album means the world to her, she put all her emotion in it, and she's obviously struggling lately - chronic pain, Taylor, the election etc.. she feels things so deeply and she loves us so much, so the least we can do is respect her as a human being. She is one of the most famous people and none of us can even come close to understanding what it feels like to have that much pressure on you, especially if you have a lot of personal problems to deal with as well and are as emotional she she is. I love her so much and feel so deeply connected to her. I really wish I could meet her and just talk to her as a normal person, because we know how much she misses that. I'd love to just talk to her about life. 

this ^^!!!! Gaga has been my rock the past 8 years. I was aching so much for love that yeah I guess I latched onto her in a way. She became my surrogate mama in a way because she was there unlike my bio mom was (long story). So many call that creepy but until they've walked a mile in my shoes, they have no right to judge. She saw how broken and damaged I was and she took me in, "glued" me back together, and loved me as if I was her own flesh and blood. We can't even begin to understand the strength of her love for her monsters. It's a deep maternal type of love that runs deep to her core. Yeah sometimes she might be annoyed at us.

Hell sometimes she may even be angry at us but I'll tell you one thing that's for damn certain. She NEVER stop loving us. I always tell people "her monsters make her whole. If you say unkind nasty things about her, you'll meet 'angry' gaga. If you say unkind nasty things about her monsters, you'll meet 'mama bear' gaga. Trust me you don't wanna meet 'mama bear' gaga. Whoever had said unkind nasty things about us better start running because 'mama bear' gaga is comin after you. Nothing is scarier than a mama protecting her babies or in this case monsters"

I love you monsters. I'd be unfixably broken without you

Letmelivemylife
38 minutes ago, Diamond Heart said:

I agree.
To some fans, they just dont give a damn about Gaga. They just want 'hits' to have stan culture receipts or some weird bullshit. Its sad & disturbing.

Gaga is not your dancing monkey, she is human. 
You actually get fans that think that GAGA OWES THEM something  Cause you got BTW for 99c in 2011 that Gaga needs to completely cater to you?
Newsflash your completely insignificant. Your not in charge of Gagas career or the way she feels 

Exactly. It's incredibly disturbing to me how some "monsters" treat her. She's not a performing monkey in heels. She's a real live human being with thoughts and emotions. They don't even deserve to be called monsters in my opinion. True monsters love her for who she is. They love her whether she's in a meat dress or crop top and shorts. I'll be a true monster until my last breath. She has said that she doesn't know what she's done to deserve such awsome loving monsters. In reality, idk what I've done to deserve someone as awsome as her. Someone who has been my rock and loved me unconditionally for 8 years. 

I love you monsters. I'd be unfixably broken without you

Archived