💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Could Diamond Heart be about prostitution?

Miracle

Featured Posts

HOTNebraskaGuy
43 minutes ago, vanus said:

its not about prostitiution but its about her go go dancing before she became famous, they didnt pay her for sex...but u know they threw money and stuff

Queen of getting money thrown at.

One, five, ten lay a million on me

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since everyone is sh***ng on your thread, I want to thank you.  I had a clue about what this song could be about but i never put 2 and 2 together until I read this 

:hug:

TropicOfCANCER
Just now, Altair said:

Since everyone is sh***ng on your thread, I want to thank you.  I had a clue about what this song could be about but i never put 2 and 2 together until I read this 

:hug:

girl no. Don't act like you and the OP are somehow "getting" something that we're not.

Katie14

I think she used to view herself as a prostitute. She said she thought for a long time that it was her fault for getting raped. I still think that she was coerced into having sex with her producer (which is a form of rape, though controversial). She was convinced, or convinced herself that she needed to use her body to get where she needed to be in the music industry. I don't think she was physically forced. I could definitely be wrong though. 

51 minutes ago, Borisapillar said:

I'm sorry, where does the song hint at rape?

Also, the "cruel king" is clearly her father. Y'all need to read the full lyrics before jumping to prostitution. 

"Some asshole broke me in
Wrecked all my innocence"

That pretty much "hints" rape

I also think the song kinda references the fact that Taylor was with another woman when they met: "Young wild American, come on baby do you have a girlfriend?". "I might not be flawless" - she stole her man. "But I've got a diamond heart" references the engagement diamond heart ring, also double meaning that she is a good person at the core despite the fact she took another girls man.

Oriane
2 hours ago, Lukas96 said:

And she said herself this line was referencing the rape.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

MEDONER

Am I the only one that doesn't see "I've got a Diamond Heart" meaning being a good person but being a tough girl that despite whatever can happen to her it will never touch her ambition to make it? You know, being tough like a diamond.

While you may have a point, I think it'd be better to talk about this on a forum where you can talk to this with other Gaga newbie fans, or people who are truly interested in these theories.

As I said before, rape/abortion/pregnancy theories come up with every album, and some of us are just tired of them. that is why you're receiving backlash.

It may be a new song, but it's an old talk, ya know?

That and Gagag is just so terribly upfront and blunt in thi album no one really wants to go seeking deeper messages.

She may have had a line or two about rape in the song, but that does not mean the entire song is about rape.

display name
27 minutes ago, Oriane23 said:

And she said herself this line was referencing the rape.

This. I think she confirmed that in the Howard Stern interview.

The song is about how far you're willing to go to make it. Gaga was basically a stripper, and she dealt with being a victim of sexual assault, but she kept going. She just had to change a few things about herself as a person.

high heeled fem
14 hours ago, Lukas96 said:

e  x a c t l y 

mess at the people on this thread who don't understand that ****ing line

SURE this song is about go go dancing, however that line IS about rape - song as a WHOLE is about that time which gaga went through alot of troubled times

It's literally about her life story before fame, she dropped out of school to pursue her dreams, she moved to the lower east side in NYC and had multiple jobs (including go-go dancing) to make a living and pay the rent. 

Archived