💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Wrong timing for Joanne?

MessyTop

Featured Posts

MessyTop

Hear me out. 

The U.S is in a very dived state. Peoples emotions are very high. Everything on TV is political and attacking both sides. 

Poeple want an escape, happy music, party music to take them out of this harsh and rough reality, sadly Joanne has none of that. 

I love the new album but I don't crave or want to hear it right now. I feel like a lot of the general public feels the same. They like the songs and they love Gaga , is just the wrong time for the album and the singles. 

Is all about timing and I feel Gaga should've release Joanne back in spring of 2016. 

Squeeshy Keety
Just now, GagainsiderNYC said:

they love Gaga

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, GagainsiderNYC said:

Poeple want an escape, happy music, party music to take them out of this harsh and rough reality, sadly Joanne has none of that. 

:sure: I disagree with every part of this. The radio is not populated by "happy" dance club hits, and people aren't using it to escape. It's just music for them. That's why it's so shallow and honestly not worth the effort. 

The perfect time to release Joanne is when she feels like it. Catering to the trends is not her style and never has been. Besides, she wasn't aiming for #1s this era, clearly.

The nature of Joanne is very much an expression for her beliefs on politicas today and the state of the world, so I would argue, if anything, Joanne was released at the perfect time (especially since she has the SB now, which the NFL gave her after hearing the album) :lolly:

They / Them đŸłïžâ€đŸŒˆ

FATCAT

The album didn't exsist in Spring 2016, that's when she started on it.

But besides, Joanne is not some dark or heavy album. It's light and happy.

Purr more, hiss less.

freebit

It's actually kind of perfect timing IMO. After this tragedy of an election, the last thing I wanted to do was listen to some mindless happy dance music - that type of stuff felt extra tone deaf and hollow to me, if anything. Meanwhile, Joanne is a mix of wistfulness and hopefulness that reflects how a lot of people are feeling. 

Honey let's all admit it: We had it in our heads Trump wouldn't win. And technically he only won because of the electoral system. Hillary still won the popular vote.

And honestly, what happy songs are there on the radio? Like all i hear is sad and sappy overplayed stuff like Stressed Out and 7 years Old. neither of those are happy. melancholic, yes, but not happy.

Born Brave

I disagree with the OP. 

I think that music is always a welcome escape, regardless of the genre. Some people like comedies more than horror films but they dont just stop watching horror films because they like comedies better. 

RochestrMonstr

No. I love the timing. I think it's a great album for autumn! I love when it's cold outside and I'm in the house and it's warm and I've got Joanne blasting. I actually would have preferred ARTPOP in the spring/summer though. 

Also, I don't follow the charts like a lot of people do, but didn't Joanne get to number 1? Why would you want different timing if it achieved the best position on the chart as is?  Just curious, I'm not calling the op a "chartster" or whatever lol. 

TheFriend

I think Joanne is not a music that will help you escape reality for a moment. If anything, Joanne is about self empowerment, enlightenment, and some kind of reflection.

ItsTommyBitch

I kind of get your point, even though we are looking retrospectively. She couldn't have known the political climate would end up like this as she was making the album, and I don't think she should've limited herself like that.

That being said, personally, I dont find myself listening to Joanne very much at all anymore, it's light and mostly happy, and I don't feel light and happy. "Come to Mama" especially feels very out of place with my feelings right now, same with Angel Down. 

私è‡Șèș«ă‚‚こた䞖た䞭もèȘ°ă‚‚ă‹ă‚Œă‚‚ăŒ, どんăȘă«èŻă‚„ă‹ăȘäșș生でも, どんăȘにæ‚Č惚ăȘäșș生でも, い぀かは怉èȌし, ç ŽćŁŠă•ă‚Œă€æ¶ˆæ»…ă—ăŠă—ăŸă†. すăčăŠăŒă‚‚ăšă‚‚ăšă“ăźäž–ă«ć­˜ćœšă—ăȘい侀瞬ぼćč»æƒłăȘぼだから

No, I think the timing is perfect. As many have said, music (and all entertainment) should serve as an escape from reality, and Joanne does that perfectly (balancing light and happy with enlightenment and spirituality). 

Off topic: Sound wise, Joanne feels like more of an evolution of the sounds on Born This Way as opposed to ones on ARTPOP.

Archived