Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Gaga at 2016 American Music Awards

Stef

Featured Posts

doppelganger

There's a lot that you can infer from the staging tbh. The fact that she basically transplanted a f'kin meadow into the AMA stage - with real plants and wind effects. The massive starry night sky. Strumming a guitar on a wooden stool in her bare feet.

C'mon. It's not like she's strumming a guitar in a t-shirt. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
andy232000
4 minutes ago, boobtank said:

On the topic of this performance... it's low key got me worried about how the Super Bowl performance is going to turn out. All of the jokes about a stripped back performance in a t-shirt and shorts... they might come true :air:

considering she said the performance will be a catalogue of her discography we can expect performances from old hits which she would never sing acoustically on such a huge event where people want to see her best. sure she might use a top and shorts but she´ll for sure sing her pop hits and dance, there is no questioning that 

GagzDonkeyD
3 minutes ago, Decodekid said:

Maroon 5 got so basic what is this ****

ever since move like jagger they are pretty much becoming sellout

and now :awkney: 

GunninMan
1 minute ago, doppelganger said:

There's a lot that you can infer from the staging tbh. The fact that she basically transplanted a f'kin meadow into the AMA stage - with real plants and wind effects. The massive starry night sky. Strumming a guitar on a wooden stool in her bare feet.

C'mon. It's not like she's strumming a guitar in a t-shirt. 

EXACTLY. I mean all the negative comments would be kind of understandable if she just were in a t shirt and jeans on a stool with a blank stage. She legit recreated the field in her backyard on a stage, which is also the place where the single cover was shot. It was mystical and interesting without being distracting for the song. 

SLAYing
Just now, JbGaga said:

Ummmm FLOP at the fact I didn't know she was going to be on the AMAs and I haven't heard it till this moment

GURL :bye:

Instagram : saurabh_slays

20 minutes ago, SKANK said:

You sarcastically dismissed the opinions of other users.

No I didn't :toofunny: I made a joke directed at how funny it would be if we placed the same standards we do for Gaga (and other pop stars) onto Sting.

I literally wrote at the end of that paragraph about how it was just a joke and that the comparison isn't fair because Gaga has always presented herself as a theatrical, avant garde fashion icon while Sting has never done that. 

When you quoted me after I straight out told you, again, that I didn't care if you liked the performance or not and said your reasons for not liking the performance make complete sense.

I don't know why you are trying to act victimised, but it's not fair.

While I clearly disagree with your thoughts on the performance, I've continuously painted the criticisms made by users like you as fair, legitimate and understandable criticisms. 

I think fans are scared because we are only able to think with the superbowl in our minds. We want something that's truly trascending. Let's be real, the performance was great but nothing that is gonna be essencially a staple on pop culture history (which we all know all performances can't be but yeah).

But I mean she did a great job, it was just a different concept than what we're used to. Just like the extravagant theatrics (which I'm a huge fan of and wish were more present now, but that's just my opinion) are not happening on her performances right now, so won't be this kind of raw and stripped back vibe in the future, so we should actually enjoy them while they last, cause gaga is always going to change and give us something that will flip us over, negatively or positively. This is what we got now.

tl;dr  we need to chill

Jigglygoth
22 minutes ago, Anastasia said:

My favourite artists would go on stage in jeans and tshirts and just play their music as best they could, the most exciting thing is waiting for their improv or just hearing their live mistakes or sound in person. The fact that these days you need to be completely shocking with fashion, body, and dancing as well as over exciting enough for the GP to take notice and give respect is pathetic. 

Literally this. All of the (incredibly talented) artists that I listen to don't do anything crazy live, besides, you know, playing live, and that's enough, because you like the music. 

GaGa's fanbase has the most stupid expectations, like ever, and their connection to reality is non-existing 💀 

The set was very creative and beautiful, both artistic and suiting for the song. The vocals were amazing, this was awesome TBH, best performance from Joanne so far 💙

HEART OF EVER-FROST

GunninMan

It kinda seems like nowadays the GP is eating up Gaga's performances, and some of her fans have been meh about it, whereas a few years ago we lived for her performances and the GP trashed her. Kind of funny how that happens when a talented artist doesn't rely on shock factor 24/7 anymore. Don't get me wrong I LIVE for her craziness, but it is refreshing to see her being more mature in her presence, while still bringing the Gaga in certain ways. Y'all are kinda mental if you truly thought that an album about her aunt and the healing of her family would bring performances remotely similar to her bleeding to death on stage. The crazy Gaga will be back, she even said so herself in her NME magazine interview, so just stop freaking out every time you hype yourself up for avant garde, when she already says she's not giving us that with this album.

doppelganger
2 minutes ago, GunninMan said:

EXACTLY. I mean all the negative comments would be kind of understandable if she just were in a t shirt and jeans on a stool with a blank stage. She legit recreated the field in her backyard on a stage, which is also the place where the single cover was shot. It was mystical and interesting without being distracting for the song. 

Exactly. Gaga has always been, and will always be a theatre queen. 

• Guest locked this topic

Archived