Gaga at 2016 American Music Awards

Stef

Featured Posts

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alejandreaux
5 minutes ago, Music said:

don't know how it is a wasted opportunity when this is her current single..

Exactly. 

did they really expect her to shoot fire balls out of her breasts while wearing a dress made out of crystalline glass for a song like Million Reasons? I think the visual for the song itself perfectly. 

djBuffoon
2 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Exactly.

I don't know what people are expecting from a performance of Million Reasons. Sorry she's not riding a mechanical bull and getting vomited on.

All Million Reasons needs is Gaga, a guitar, and that's all. I thought the set was spectacular, her vocals were incredible, and while she's still learning the guitar, she's getting better at it. 

Yes.

And not that there's anything wrong with flying pigs, mechanical bulls, alien vessels, whatever, if it fits the tone and content of the song. But "Million Reasons" is ALL about the universiality of the lyrics and the emotion behind them.  

2 minutes ago, SKANK said:

I was talking about it being a wasted opportunity to electrify the American public with an amazing performance, as she used to do.

????? It was literally good? Also, you gotta stop living up to your username sis, it's getting pitiful :lolly:

DeanWinchester

Gaga received a number of applause and flopsters here think she failed her performance :saladga:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

malazam

BB trending 140:

1. Million Reasons

3. Joanne

82. Million Reasons (+1) iTunes US

another shot before we kiss the other side

Reality
Just now, djBuffoon said:

Yes.

And not that there's anything wrong with flying pigs, mechanical bulls, alien vessels, whatever, if it fits the tone and content of the song. But "Million Reasons" is ALL about the universiality of the lyrics and the emotion behind them.  

Absolutely. I'm not trying to down-play anything she's done before, but it's like, there's only so much you can do with a song like Million Reasons. All it needs is Gaga, a piano, and a guitar. 

If it were a song like A-YO or Perfect Illusion, sure, you can do more things with that, but you with a song like MR, it's pretty restricting, conceptually speaking.

She did more than enough with this performance, I don't understand why some people are so upset. 

𝐼 𝒥𝒰𝒮𝒯 𝒩𝐸𝐸𝒟 𝒜 𝒟𝒪𝒮𝐸 𝒪𝐹 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝑅𝐼𝒢𝐻𝒯 𝒮𝒯𝒰𝐹𝐹

LetsGetHigh

I actually love this. It's smart and simple, and you do know that simple WORKS for Gaga. Look at Joanne's sales.

Interscope just needs to push this harder on the radio and add it to Spotify playlists. Like wtf Bobby wyd. :rip:

BTW to anyone who watched live, did it directly cut or did they show the audience a bit?

Anastasia

King Sting was fantastic, I'm so happy he got his proper recognition from this generation

FATWIFE, First Lady Of GGD

5 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Exactly.

I don't know what people are expecting from a performance of Million Reasons. Sorry she's not riding a mechanical bull and getting vomited on.

All Million Reasons needs is Gaga, a guitar, and that's all. I thought the set was spectacular, her vocals her incredible, and while she's still learning the guitar, she's getting better at it. 

3 minutes ago, Emigrante said:

pretty sure most was electrified by her powerful vocals and notes she hitted in this one.

Pretty sure everyone has conceded that Lady Gaga is a legitimate vocalist.

2 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Well what do you want her to do?! There's only so much you can do with a song like that. 

Want her with a piano?? With Hillary Lindsey right next to her?? Perhaps inside a house instead of outside in a meadow??

There's not much context you can give the song. 

When she sang Brown Eyes she wore a living dress that moved independently from her body. When she performed Speechless she was playing a piano that was on fire. When she performed Hair she was bald and played a piano made of hair. When she performed Edge of Glory she wore a wig that was tied to a model of The Eiffel Tower.

The song being a ballad is not an excuse for a boring performance, if anything a mundane song like Million Reasons requires a little heavy lifting from some added performance art.

• Guest locked this topic

Archived