💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

AHS: Roanoke, Chapter 10 (Season Finale) discussion

monketsharona

Featured Posts

41 minutes ago, Helxig said:

Actually horror doesn't need mystery, suspense, thrill, or shock. Those things are more typical of a thriller or psychological horror or some other, similar genre. The genre of horor is just an umbrella term for anything that has death, violence, scariness, blood and gore, or any combination of these things, even blended with other genres. It's described as anything that inspires fear, shock, or disgust. And every season of AHS has had a large amount of those elements listed.

You're just listing your own ideal horror series. And sure, he might not have done that, but he definitely delivered horror.

That's my opinion.

but lemme ask you? Would you enjoy just watching a person getting tortured without any depth in the story? Would you rather sit and stare at the tv just to see someone gouge their eyes? 

I don't know about you but when someone is storytelling it NEEDS to be interesting... hence mystery, shock, twists, GOOD PLOTS...

Why do you think Scream became Iconic?? It had mystery...

Why do you think Psycho became iconic?? It was suspenseful...

Death, gore, violence, blood. That's life. Lol

Horror is a genre. It has to tell an INTERESTING STORY for death, gore, violence, and blood to make sense... get it?

THIS IS A STORYTELLING. NOT A GOREFEST.

####edit: this is creepy but my likes right when I posted this turned to 666 lol:giveup:

YOU BETTER FURKIN SLÉ

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Helxig
2 minutes ago, Lady Aphrodite said:

That's my opinion.

but lemme ask you? Would you enjoy just watching a person getting tortured without any depth in the story? Would you rather sit and stare at the tv just to see someone gouge their eyes? 

I don't know about you but when someone is storytelling it NEEDS to be interesting... hence mystery, shock, twists, GOOD PLOTS...

Why do you think Scream became Iconic?? It had mystery...

Why do you think Psycho became iconic?? It was suspenseful...

Death, gore, violence, blood. That's life. Lol

Horror is a genre. It has to tell an INTERESTING STORY for death, gore, violence, and blood to make sense... get it?

THIS IS A STORYTELLING. NOT A GOREFEST.

But you were saying it isn't horror :laughga:   and all I said was yes it is horror, it's just not a type of horror you enjoyed.

Plenty of us enjoyed this season thoroughly anyway.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

PaperIz
51 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

The entire episode. I understand what happened, but I don't know why it happened.

I don't know how to answer you there :laughga: 

1 hour ago, Lady Aphrodite said:

DISAPPOINTMENT. DISGUSTING. FLOP. ANOTHER RYAN MURPHY CURSE.

Remember Glee? Yeah... exactly... It had a good run during its first few seasons but became horrendous to watch after the later seasons. Why? Ryan Murphy does this ALL the time...

He gets so caught with the attention and recognition that the focus on the actual content just gets lost.

Murder House was perfect. Asylum brilliant. Coven was so fierce and contemporary. Freakshow... not good/not bad. Hotel was bearable.

BUT THIS Effing season gets me so mad. IT WAS SO CHEAP. CORNY. AND BLAND. WHERE THE HELL IS HORROR??? HORROR needs mystery, suspense, thrill, shock but what did we get?

FORCED FINALE, CRINGEY DIALOGUES, LESS HORROR, MORE CLICHÉS, FORCED PLOT... NEED I GO ON?

Seriously, someone tweet Murphy to get his sh*t together. Cuz the only thing keeping this series together is that it gets a new story every season. But if every season keeps sucking (like he probably does at night instead of his job)... THIS SHOW IS GOING TO SH*T...

im having a meltdown because this show was my baby right from the beginning and seeing crumble right before my eyes just breaks me. Seriously!!

Just breathe dear glbcuMJ.png

I rather think this was one of the better seasons. It was very horror but not the typical ahs type. It was very much an homage to classic horror and found footage. It started out bad but I think it was quite refreshing. I know what you mean about Ryan though :laughga: he likes to ruin his shows. 

1 minute ago, Helxig said:

But you were saying it isn't horror    and all I said was yes it is horror, it's just not a type of horror you enjoyed.

Plenty of us enjoyed this season thoroughly anyway.

I'm glad you liked it... and By "where's the horror" i meant it needed more to the "Horror".... 

Unfortunately, this season just lacked depth in story and more of nonsense killing spree... but if you enjoy that, then Awesome for you:)

YOU BETTER FURKIN SLÉ

1 minute ago, PaperIz said:

I don't know how to answer you there :laughga: 

Just breathe dear glbcuMJ.png

I rather think this was one of the better seasons. It was very horror but not the typical ahs type. It was very much an homage to classic horror and found footage. It started out bad but I think it was quite refreshing. I know what you mean about Ryan though :laughga: he likes to ruin his shows. 

I think the opposite.... The My Roanoke Nightmare was actually better than the last half of the season....

The twist was sooo predictable that it lost some magic.

Remember when people were shook about Tate behind the Rubber suit?

Remember the intense scene when Lana finds about Dr. Thredson?

I MISS THESE MOMENTS. THE REVEAL/SHOCKING FACTOR.

YOU BETTER FURKIN SLÉ

Helxig
4 minutes ago, Lady Aphrodite said:

I'm glad you liked it... and By "where's the horror" i meant it needed more to the "Horror".... 

Unfortunately, this season just lacked depth in story and more of nonsense killing spree... but if you enjoy that, then Awesome for you:)

'nonsense killing spree' IS horror :laughga: if anything, the more blood, gore and death there is, the more horror it makes it. 

And the amount of depth is arguable. I think every character was well fleshed out, and were actually driven by real and relatable motives, much more so than past seasons. IMO Freakshow lacked the most, and Roanoke was much more well sorted than Hotel which seemed to have a half-assed and confused ending.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Just now, Helxig said:

'nonsense killing spree' IS horror  if anything, the more blood, gore and death there is, the more horror it makes it. 

And the amount of depth is arguable. I think every character was well fleshed out, and were actually driven by real and relatable motives, much more so than past seasons. IMO Freakshow lacked the most.

I'm with you with Freakshow.... lets not talking about THAT mess.

idk about your "if theres more gore, its horror" POV thoughhh... doesnt make sense. But thats ur opinion, go ahead.

YOU BETTER FURKIN SLÉ

Caesium
1 hour ago, bionic said:

Weren't we told that the second season of MRN (with them returning to the house) never aired? And yet this ep started with fans talking about it on usual broadcast rather than a lowkey, darknet, internet compilation of found footage

This :rip: Like any channel would ever allow it to be broadcast :rip: 

Put your white tennis shoes on and follow me

LilMonsterKills

I didn't like the finale very much.

I was honestly expecting so much more from that Lana interview. :awkney: 

That spirit chasing show was really unnecessary considering that almost the same happened last episode with Taissa and those two other guys. 

Also, doesn't Lee eating that heart mean that her soul belongs to Scathatch? Wouldn't she have to stay there with her instead of continuing to live her life ?

Everything that happened in the episode was kinda filler except for maybe 10 minutes.

It would've been great if we saw some of the dead cast members when Lee returned to the house. 

boobtank

I think that ending might have been worse than Hotel... Lee killed herself cos her daughter was throwing a tantrum about not being able to play with her ghost friend? GOODBYE. 

saindo.gif

DeanWinchester
9 hours ago, Bloody hooker said:

That one ghost hunter is cute :hor:

so sad the butcher killed her :madge:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

DeanWinchester
9 hours ago, Emigrante said:

I know what she did, it's just tragic that Ryan Murphy would end season like that. what for. I was expecting something better.

this. I felt for Lee's sacrifice and desire to set things right but wow what a shitty way to do it

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

DeanWinchester
9 hours ago, Bio said:

I don't think so, they said her character might come back but she was only an actress playing the character and not the character itself.

Sarah Paulson acted as an actor pretending to be Shelby while also doing Lana Winters this season. I think they can find some lazy excuse :ladyhaha:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

DeanWinchester
8 hours ago, Mood Ring said:

It leaves certain things to personal interpretation.

I personally did not believe Flora when she said she had been eating only berries, while in the woods. And by returning there, she brought back her mother and tens of cops/whatever that followed her. And the ending was the bloodmoon, with the colony showing up and of course murdering everyone there (blood must be spilled every bloodmoon, for the land or however they explain it), and Flora walking away unscathed/athached.

Of course it is my personal opinion, but still. 

neat catch!

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Archived