music news

Beyoncé's Grammy 2017 Submissions

Thomas P

Featured Posts

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VOLANTIS

Say what you want about Beyonce's involvement in the Album production but you know this is good material and deserving as well. 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

10 hours ago, Himeros26 said:

Lyrically and musically it isn't rock whatsoever, but I agree with the first thing you said.

And some people coming for Bey are these All Lives Matter folk, their racism is indeed showing :giggle:

Bowie, Bey, Adele, and Kanye will probably be the highlights.

So then, my question... What is it? As far as I'm concerned there aren't really any lyrical themes exclusive to rock as it's essentially the same thing as modern pop. Musically... I don't know what else I'd call it - enlighten?

Himeros26
2 hours ago, Harry said:

So then, my question... What is it? As far as I'm concerned there aren't really any lyrical themes exclusive to rock as it's essentially the same thing as modern pop. Musically... I don't know what else I'd call it - enlighten?

It's just a pop song girl

On 6 November 2016 at 9:33 PM, Thomas P said:

HA! Sorry. I don't think it's gonna happen. 

Can't wait for salty lovato to take center stage once the nominations are announced :awesome:

3 hours ago, Himeros26 said:

It's just a pop song girl

Well I'm still not really seeing any evidence of that, seeing as there are blatant rock influences.

Although you aren't wrong since rock and pop are more of less the same thing when it comes down to it lol.

Thomas P
6 minutes ago, Harry said:

Well I'm still not really seeing any evidence of that, seeing as there are blatant rock influences.

Although you aren't wrong since rock and pop are more of less the same thing when it comes down to it lol.

Im sorry but I'm 99.999% sure it's a rock song. Like at the end of the day it's rock. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

10 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

Im sorry but I'm 99.999% sure it's a rock song. Like at the end of the day it's rock. 

It is. I don't know why people are so intent on denying it? It doesn't automatically make the song good or Beyonce a better artist, it just is what it is lol.

Thomas P
1 minute ago, Harry said:

It is. I don't know why people are so intent on denying it? It doesn't automatically make the song good or Beyonce a better artist, it just is what it is lol.

Ya it's not like we're praising Beyoncé to death, we're just stating an actual fact. 

3 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

Ya it's not like we're praising Beyoncé to death, we're just stating an actual fact. 

Incidentally I feel it's one of the best songs from Lemonade :rip: But regardless it's true

If it were by a band, or even Jack White solo, no one would call it "just pop" tbh.

Thomas P
28 minutes ago, Harry said:

Incidentally I feel it's one of the best songs from Lemonade :rip: But regardless it's true

If it were by a band, or even Jack White solo, no one would call it "just pop" tbh.

If that were the case, no one would even debate that it was rock. But with Bey being on the track, some people have to debate it. Same seems to happen with Daddy Lessons, even though it's obviously country.

Himeros26
1 hour ago, Thomas P said:

If that were the case, no one would even debate that it was rock. But with Bey being on the track, some people have to debate it. Same seems to happen with Daddy Lessons, even though it's obviously country.

Nooooooo that's not the case. Well not with me, anyway. I'm not a Bey hater lmao, but I would say Daddy Lessons is Country before I'd call don't hurt yourself rock. It just has some nice drums and a good electric guitar but that doesn't make it rock. The production is why I think it's more Pop-Rock than anything. Rock doesn't really have lots of effects and layers in vocals, Rock is very raw. I may be wrong though, idk. That's just what I grew up on.

Archived