question

Lyrics That Make No Sense

Yuuri

Featured Posts

AlexanderLevi2
5 hours ago, DelusionalGaga said:

"But in the cultural sense, I just speak in future tense
Judas, kiss me if offensed or wear ear condom next time"

Not saying that it doesn' t make sense,  I just don' t get what she's trying to say :huh:

So the lyric before she's describing how she is viewed traditionally (aka biblical sense) fame hooker, prostitute, wench. 

But culturally she is speaking ahead of her time.

And she's speaking to the haters by calling them Judas and basically saying "wear an ear condom if you don't like what I have to say."

Currently listening to Joanne

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JustAnotherDay
31 minutes ago, JesseBabe said:

Actually from Dangerous Woman also, the part where she says,

"All girls wanna be like that

Bad girls underneath, like that

You know how I'm feeling inside"

I really like that part but I'm like wtf is she even trying to say? Lol

she's talking about being under her man and giving a blowjob and/or being under her man during sex

was NickARTPOP

16 hours ago, Nebulous said:

Time to pull out the ARTPOP lyric booklet I guess 

I think ARTPOP's lyrics are weird because she was stoned while she was writing them :lana:

11 hours ago, Texas Joanne said:

In the mornings, buy me eggs 

This makes so much sense, she wants a lover that will hang out with her in the morning and not just leave!!

Maybe it's because I'm not native speaker but I don't know what does it mean to come at somebody like a dork horse

Ophelia
13 hours ago, River said:

I'm shiny and I know it, don't know why you wanna blow it. - I don't understand wtf she means here..

Gaga knows her worth (aka shine) and doesn't understand why the guy wants to destroy his relation with her.

...has anybody seen my disco stick?

StrawberryBlond

Most stuff from Bjork's albums.

Most stuff from Kendrick Lamar's albums.

Anything from a Frank Ocean album.

Kinda hard for me as a music reviewer, as you can guess. But honestly, I usually can't make head nor tail of this lot.

23 hours ago, Lona Delery said:

All the lights in Miami begin to gleam
Ruby, blue and green, neon too
Everything looks better from above, my king
Like aquamarine, oceans blue

All the lights are sparkling for you it seems
On the downtown scenes, shady blue
Beatboxing and rapping in the summer rain
Like a boss, you sang jazz and blues

someone explain please :emma: 

In the first verse, she's talking about the nighttime scene she sees from the comfort of a private jet. In the second, she's referring to the shady people her man hangs around with and refers to his past-times of beatboxing and rapping and how good he was. I just want to ask, if you're such a Lana fan, why do you find this very simple phrasing hard to understand? She's had far harder to understand lyrics than that. No offence, just curious.

Lona Delery
11 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Most stuff from Bjork's albums.

Most stuff from Kendrick Lamar's albums.

Anything from a Frank Ocean album.

Kinda hard for me as a music reviewer, as you can guess. But honestly, I usually can't make head nor tail of this lot.

In the first verse, she's talking about the nighttime scene she sees from the comfort of a private jet. In the second, she's referring to the shady people her man hangs around with and refers to his past-times of beatboxing and rapping and how good he was. I just want to ask, if you're such a Lana fan, why do you find this very simple phrasing hard to understand? She's had far harder to understand lyrics than that. No offence, just curious.

I don't know. I don't have a hard time understanding other lyrics by her :duck: They don't make sense for me if you look at the whole song. Like I see that she's referring to lights from a plane perspective, but what's the context looking at the rest of the lyrics? Maybe it's just so obvious that I don't see it :sweat: I don't know

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

StrawberryBlond
1 hour ago, Lona Delery said:

I don't know. I don't have a hard time understanding other lyrics by her :duck: They don't make sense for me if you look at the whole song. Like I see that she's referring to lights from a plane perspective, but what's the context looking at the rest of the lyrics? Maybe it's just so obvious that I don't see it :sweat: I don't know

She just wants to keep the idea of the lights going. Some artists keep an idea flowing throughout a song. When she says "all the lights are sparkling for you, it seems," it's a reference to the people who support him, all the opportunities he has. I love how she takes her voice down a bit to follow-up with the darker line, "on the downtown scenes...shady blue." If we weren't aware of the business her man is involved in by now (the mob), it's pretty obvious here.

migamiga
On 11/5/2016 at 0:53 PM, Red said:

Except the opposite? lol

The song is a metaphor for her love and obsession for a man and for fame. Like a paparazzo she is stalking, admiring, and chasing after someone/something that gives her life purpose. I get that some of the lyrics can be confusing cause uses a lot imagery but that's why I love it :nick:

Archived