💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

My Family's Thoughts On Gaga

Squeeshy Keety

Featured Posts

19 minutes ago, ShockPop said:

Your younger sister has no brain and you hint that your dad is racist.

Confessional thread.

15 minutes ago, ShockPop said:

Guess that solves the mystery of where your sister got her low iq.

I'm dying:ladyhaha:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Squeeshy Keety
Just now, Katie14 said:

Your little sister willed herself to not like Gaga to try to be different from you. She sounds pretty immature. 

We're only a year apart, so she already copies most of what I like (TV shows, other music). It makes no sense to me why she continues like this, other than her being the most stubborn person I have known. Her opinions have changed over time about little things, but she will never budge if it means losing an argument :saladga:

They / Them 🏳️‍🌈

Poope MOnster

my boyfriend

natural about gaga but not like or love gaga song in average

annoying rihanna voice

annoying christina voice

hate bjork song

dont care about other diva in general

but love music this type king of sound

Katie14
2 minutes ago, I Give Up said:

We're only a year apart, so she already copies most of what I like (TV shows, other music). It makes no sense to me why she continues like this, other than her being the most stubborn person I have known. Her opinions have changed over time about little things, but she will never budge if it means losing an argument :saladga:

As silly as this sounds, not liking gaga is part of her identity just like enjoying gaga is part of yours. 

littlepotter

Sounds like my friends, they oretend to hate gags bc i love her, but they are liking her recently

chaeri pls

My mom thinks she's posseded by does like some of her music but refuses to buy Joanne for me she says I have to get it with my own money

one of my older cousins likes her music and she has The Fame Monster

most of my younger cousins like her

And someone else I'm related to hates her because "she supports and made a song for the homosexuals" and she called her and Kesha a hoe

Squeeshy Keety
1 minute ago, Katie14 said:

As silly as this sounds, not liking gaga is part of her identity just like enjoying gaga is part of yours. 

That doesn't mean I respect it. Any identity built on silly childish hatred is just pathetic...

They / Them 🏳️‍🌈

My Mum: always liked her, respected her talent and enjoyed listening to her music with me. Loves Joanne and is glad she's "toned down her look because now we get to see how pretty she is" even though she always thought she was. She even started crying when I played her Grigio Girls, she thought it was a beautiful song.

My Dad: respects her as an artist, calls her the David Bowie of this generation. Isn't really a fan of her work but doesn't have an issue with her and whenever she's on TV will compliment how intelligent and funny she is.

My Sister: not really sure, she took me to the artRave and she said she was really good, likes some of her songs but likes to tease me by saying how she doesn't like her that much but I'm 99% sure she only said that because she knew she'd get a reaction from me haha. Also, she went through a month phase of watching the Monster Ball on DVD repeatedly haha.

Katie14
Just now, I Give Up said:

That doesn't mean I respect it. Any identity built on silly childish hatred is just pathetic...

I absolutely agree with you. She will come around when she is older. 

display name

Mom loves all of her music and the unreleased songs, buys her music.

Stepdad thinks she's talented and can tackle any genre with ease, buys her music.

Brother likes some of the bops, doesn't buy her music. Same applies to my sister.

venusfly
48 minutes ago, ShockPop said:

Your younger sister has no brain and you hint that your dad is racist.

Confessional thread.

Disagreeing with BLM =/= racist. Movement is very cleverly called that so if you disagree with them you think black lives don't matter

SlaeUrAnus

Mother: Likes Bad Romance and Poker Face. She doesn't listen to Pop (or much music in general), but she is aware of Gaga.

Father: Respects her, but does not listen to her. I remember watching a programme with my father on a music channel that said something about Gaga and he said "she done good to get where she is now". 

Sister: I remember, and it was only a few months ago, on my birthday when I put The Fame Monster on in the car. My sister went to the tanning bed and I just played TFM in the car by myself. When she came back I had Monster on in the car. She was jamming and said "I love this song!". I was instantly taken aback because I did not know that anyone in my family were aware of her non-singles. My sister then said that she used to listen to her when she use to go out clubbing; therefore I assume she is a fan. 

Oh and she said she would love to see her.

Other Sister: Loves You and I. She said she wants it as her wedding song. She also loves The Edge of Glory.

Both Brothers: Detest her. They assume that 90's hip hop/rap is the only respectable genre and disapprove of the Pop genre. But they are simple minded idiots anyway so..

In my messy era.

My mom calls her Lady Poo Poo because she thinks it annoys me :awkney:. She is also a huge Madonna fan so I think that has something to do with her not being totally open to Gaga. She does recognize her talent though and will tell me news that I already know lol. She is probably a secret casual fan.

My sister used to be a bigger fan during TF/TFM and came with me to two Monster Ball shows. Now she's more of a casual fan and hasn't even listened to Joanne. She hated PI :emma:

My brother thinks she's a good singer because of last years Super Bowl.

Not sure about my dad, we've never spoken about Gaga.

The Fame Joanne

parents: Stan for her talent since C2C. My Dad even defends her when someone says bad things about Gaga. He also once shared a video of one of her performances on his fb-account :D

brother: Doesn't really like pop music (he's more into rap) but enjoys her songs more than other pop songs. Also thinks she's incredibly talented and defends her sometimes

Katie14

My Mom used to always say how ugly Gaga is whenever she was talked about on TV. She hasn't done this in about a year though.  I played her Howard Stern interview in the car with her (the one for C2C) and she said that Gaga is emotionally screwed up or something like that. I think she thinks Gaga is like this lost soul. She at least recognizes that Gaga has a good voice after the Oscars Sound of Music tribute, thought she , "isn't as good as Barbara Streisand". My Dad and my Mom both thought the Tony collaboration was ridiculous. My Mom thought Tony Bennet was using her so he can appeal to a wider audience. 

Speaking of the collab, my aunt went to a C2C concert and raved about how good it was. I told my parents I wanted to go and my Dad ended up going with me. He enjoyed the concert and said the highlight of the night was Gaga singing La Vie En Rose, "she blew the roof off of the place". Now, whenever Gaga is mentioned on TV my Dad says that she is very talented. 

I don't think my brother has an opinion of her. We were watching Gaga perform on Jimmy Kimmel in 2011 and my brother just said, "I don't know whats so great about her". He seemed envious when he found out I was going to see C2C but I think that was just because his girlfriend was so excited for me. 

But overall, I have been enjoying this transformation :golfclap:

Archived