Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
celeb

Madonna: "I have no need to defend myself"

yxi

Featured Posts

shoful

Can Gaga and Madonna stop saying theyre different and whatever other ****. AND JUST MAKE A SONG TOGETHER THAT WILL SLAY THIS WORLD  

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
shoful
2 hours ago, Muscletank said:

I wish people would understand that having a credit on a song doesn't mean you wrote the entire thing. For those that say oh Bitch I'm Madonna had several writers. Look at it like this: One person could have simply suggested "oh how about you go ooo oo oo oo ooo at the start". If she uses that, they get a credit. That's how the legal side of it works or else you open yourself up to lawsuits. One person could have written the bulk of the song, but if different people suggest tiny changes or even ONE word change, they get credited. That's how something that is perceived as such a simple bubblegum pop song can end up having many "writers".

Or like what Madonna use to do is say "You can have one song to take credit for pick one" :sharon: Truly the queen of being a bitch and I love it. Hahaha

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

Bette Davis

It's without a doubt a response to Gaga and a surprisingly civil and mature one coming from Madonna :reductive:

Cold as ice cream, but still as sweet.

AgusPop
5 hours ago, A Gaga Lad said:

"I don’t think [Gaga] wants my crown," Madonna explains to senior writer Brian Hiatt. "We live in a world where people like to pit women against each other. And this is why I love the idea of embracing other females who are doing what I’m doing."

Madonna admits she did have a gripe with Lady Gaga’s song “Born This Way” bearing so many similarities to her classic single “Express Yourself.” “The only time I ever criticized Lady Gaga was when I felt like she blatantly ripped off one of my songs,” she says. “It’s got nothing to do with ‘she’s taking my crown’ or ‘she’s in some space of mine.’ I do think she’s a very talented singer and songwriter. It was just that one issue.”

oh C'mon, and Do you really believe this? after this:

tumblr_m4yij01UT11r4it95o1_1280.jpg

and After the song "Two Steps Behind Me" and all the thing she said in her Tour

Madonna is absolutely false and egocentric. I know her. I was fan of her since 1990

AgusPop
3 hours ago, RocketNumber8 said:

She will never admit that Gaga is the ONLY female artist that has managed to make her feel insecure in her 30+ year carreer

She 

will

never

admit

it.

HAHA SO TRUE :yay::applause:  and this is why some (many) of her fan are so obsessed about Gaga

display name

Well, I feel like she was defending herself a bit with that. She's just not firing back yet, which is nice. Madonna's a smart woman, so I hope she'll realize Gaga didn't mean to be offensive.

DeanWinchester
24 minutes ago, AgusPop said:

and After the song "Two Steps Behind Me" and all the thing she said in her Tour

Madonna is absolutely false and egocentric

Well she said TSBM wasn't about Gaga, and more importantly, she name dropped Gaga in Illuminati, an actual released song that defends other celebrities that the public "love(s) to hate"

They have since met several times as friends.

Might I remind you about this:

http://thatgrapejuice.net/2014/10/lady-gaga-responds-madonna-soul-remark/

That was in 2014. Gaga took the high road with BTW but there she was sparking the "feud" again, 2-3 years after. Especially messy since that was during ARTPOP, infamously known as her underperforming/flop era. And now Gaga inadverdently shades Madonna again.

What did Gaga say again?

So why does it seem like Gaga is also renewing the feud every time she has music out? :madge:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

dlioncourt91

Why is one woman defending herself generating applause while the other is seen as using it for promo? What kind of double standard? I mean Gaga did kind of open the doors for this kind of media field day by those comments but if Madonna does defend herself, she does write her music and play (has played) instruments just as much as Gaga. It makes no sense. I don't get why both sides get from continuing this feud. Madonna is forever in the history books so no matter what kind of Gaga stanning isn't going to change that and Gaga's working her way to become one so saying one is reductive, and throwing age comments isn't doing nothing but cluttering a message board and cementing the bad reputations both fanbases have given themselves justly.

DeanWinchester
1 hour ago, shoful said:

Can Gaga and Madonna stop saying theyre different and whatever other ****. AND JUST MAKE A SONG TOGETHER THAT WILL SLAY THIS WORLD  

this

I bet they're milking the drama for as long as they can :madge:

The more they deny each other, the more similar they get, for real.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

AgusPop
3 minutes ago, A Gaga Lad said:

Well she said TSBM wasn't about Gaga, and more importantly, she name dropped Gaga in Illuminati, an actual released song that defends other celebrities that the public "love(s) to hate"

They have since met several times as friends.

Might I remind you about this:

http://thatgrapejuice.net/2014/10/lady-gaga-responds-madonna-soul-remark/

That was in 2014. Gaga took the high road with BTW but there she was sparking the "feud" again, 2-3 years after. Especially messy since that was during ARTPOP, infamously known as her underperforming/flop era. And now Gaga inadverdently shades Madonna again.

What did Gaga say again?

So why does it seem like Gaga is also renewing the feud every time she has music out? :madge:

well, well, well this is too much :saladga: now you're blaming Gaga to start the feud.

get.gif

DeanWinchester
Just now, AgusPop said:

well, well, well this is too much :saladga: now you're blaming Gaga to start the feud.

get.gif

Just now, AgusPop said:

And now Gaga inadverdently shades Madonna again.

Reading is fundamental :madge:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Gov Hooka
4 hours ago, A Gaga Lad said:

Madonna has been considered for induction by the Songwriter's Hall of Fame just a few days ago. This is why Gaga's comments seem dumb no matter how you spin it. I love Gaga but seriously. No matter the context. Gaga claiming she writes her own songs and that what Madonna is different (from writing songs), when Madonna is being nominated for the Hall of Fame that awarded Gaga the Icon award so many here praise is just :madge:

No! You claim that by your misinterpretation of what she said! 

I'm a Madonna fan and I can understand where Gaga was coming from when she made those comments. Unlike the majority of this fanbase, I thought it was painfully obvious that she's stating that she writes her music, plays her own instruments because she is making her own music and product and not simply ripping off someone else's. She didn't shade Madonna at all. She simply said, "here's what I do!" in opposition to this common conception of her basing everything off what Madonna does. She's fed up with it and rightfully so!!! but don't misinterpret what she said! it wasn't directed at Madonna, just like this wasn't directed at Lady Gaga!

DeanWinchester
1 minute ago, Gov Hooka said:

No! You claim that by your misinterpretation of what she said!

1 minute ago, Gov Hooka said:

She simply said, "here's what I do!" in opposition to this common conception of her basing everything off what Madonna does

Okay tell me, did you conveniently leave out the "what we do is different" part? Because if Gaga claims she writes her songs and what Madonna does is different--how am I supposed to take that as anything but implying Madonna isn't writing her own songs?

Like really, I love Gaga first and foremost, but that doesn't mean I will warp and twist everything to defend her. Her phrasing makes it difficult NOT to see it as shade.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Archived