malazam
2 minutes ago, Leaf said:

Littler Managers think they know everything and what will work/connect :poot:

We do.

ww9MoE.gif

another shot before we kiss the other side

Gagas love
16 minutes ago, malazam said:

I saw this fan-made cover of Joanne in Twitter but....let's be honest, the pic itself already slays.....I know it was took after the album release but it could work as a cover for the Deluxe version or the LP....can we appreciate it?

Cvbek9RXEAQZcwX.jpg

Edit: changed the title so you don't start bitching

holy ****

malazam
3 minutes ago, Leaf said:

Your thread was cancelled on the fourth post, no shade. :emma:

:ladyhaha:

this is not about if it works or not, it just because it looks great but it's true it has like a summer-pop album vibe, it doesn't fit Joanne

changed the title tho

another shot before we kiss the other side

1 minute ago, malazam said:

this is not about if it works or not, it just because it looks great but it's true it has like a summer-pop album vibe, it doesn't fit Joanne

changed the title tho

Fair enough.

zDOtNip.pngzDOtNip.pngzDOtNip.pngzDOtNip.png

31 minutes ago, Aussie said:

I love both SNL images, wish they were used for the album. But Gaga never goes with the "safe" path when it comes to her covers. Remember all the incredible imagery from BTW? Yet we got a very odd cover instead. When I see Joanne on shelves I feel the colours don't pop as much as it should but I am sure Gaga intended it to look this way. Otherwise she could have ended up looking like a rock-country wannabe. 

I agree that "safe" isn't a word I would use to describe a Koon's collage or MotorcycleGaga, but I don't know how you could think the album cover for Joanne is anything but safe. 

An artist in profile is an incredibly common image used for album covers. There is nothing unsafe about this cover. It's her most conventional, safe, and uninspired cover.

10 minutes ago, SKANK said:

I agree that "safe" isn't a word I would use to describe a Koon's collage or MotorcycleGaga, but I don't know how you could think the album cover for Joanne is anything but safe. 

An artist in profile is an incredibly common image used for album covers. There is nothing unsafe about this cover. It's her most conventional, safe, and uninspired cover.

I guess what I meant with "safe" is in terms of a more sexy, sellable image. As you said the Joanne cover doesn't scream "buy me!". I think her intention was to keep it very simple, vintage even where the music and her appearances could turn it into something iconic. ARTPOP was the exception, it went for full eye-popping gloss but as with everything on Joanne, it was the exact opposite. The Fame's cover wasn't anything special compared to what we got from her music videos and live appearances. The Fame Monster was pretty and looked like a fashion magazine which fitted the feel but it still wasn't nearly as out there or original as what she gave us in Bad Romance, Telephone and Alejandro. As for BTW I always wanted her to use the image I have on my avatar but alas..! 

There are though a few albums from artists along the years which I wasn't impressed by the album cover but loved the music and now consider the artwork iconic as a result. Examples are Michael Jackson Thriller, Janet Jackson Velvet Rope, Madonna Ray of Light, Hole Celebrity Skin etc 

Having said all that indeed I always crave for album covers that pop out. For Joanne though I can see the pink hat becoming iconic.

1 minute ago, Aussie said:

I guess what I meant with "safe" is in terms of a more sexy, sellable image. As you said the Joanne cover doesn't scream "buy me!". I think her intention was to keep it very simple, vintage even where the music and her appearances could turn it into something iconic. ARTPOP was the exception, it went for full eye-popping gloss but as with everything on Joanne, it was the exact opposite. The Fame's cover wasn't anything special compared to what we got from her music videos and live appearances. The Fame Monster was pretty and looked like a fashion magazine which fitted the feel but it still wasn't nearly as out there or original as what she gave us in Bad Romance, Telephone and Alejandro. As for BTW I always wanted her to use the image I have on my avatar but alas..! 

There are though a few albums from artists along the years which I wasn't impressed by the album cover but loved the music and now consider the artwork iconic as a result. Examples are Michael Jackson Thriller, Janet Jackson Velvet Rope, Madonna Ray of Light etc

The cover of Joanne is as likeable, safe, and generic as anything I have ever seen, and it's certainty "safe" by her own standards.

On the cover of The Fame she had a giant metaphorical **** in her face (disco stick) and on The Fame Monster she was crying black tears on one cover, and on the other was wearing a sever over size blonde wig.

Naor Daniel

Kill me but I'm not a fan of Joanne's album cover. I think this one is better, A-YO's is better, even her commercial for Apple could pull great covers. ):

tomdsgn
1 hour ago, CowSiss said:

Gaga's team should really pull a Kanye and continue editing certain aspects of this album well after release, at least for that slayage of a deluxe cover or replace that one with the A-YO cover :giveup:

They did update the edit of Perfect Illusion after it was released, Kanye did that too :hor:

59 minutes ago, SKANK said:

The cover of Joanne is as likeable, safe, and generic as anything I have ever seen, and it's certainty "safe" by her own standards.

On the cover of The Fame she had a giant metaphorical **** in her face (disco stick) and on The Fame Monster she was crying black tears on one cover, and on the other was wearing a sever over size blonde wig.

I liked The Fame Monster, learned to appreciate BTW and love ARTPOP with the special foil. I agree that Joanne doesn't pop but not fussed at this stage lol

21 minutes ago, Aussie said:

I liked The Fame Monster, learned to appreciate BTW and love ARTPOP with the special foil. I agree that Joanne doesn't pop but not fussed at this stage lol

Agreed.

Archived