๐Ÿ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT ๐Ÿ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Father John Misty shares his demo of Come to Mama

M I M I Z

Featured Posts

omg I love his voice! I must admit I prefer this version. I wish they went for a collab instead of a solo track.

Kindness rules all.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TopDomBoy

She should had skip this song, is forgettable and now knowing was a demo from a random. ย ย :sweat:ย She need more Gaga originals to shook the critics.ย :giveup:

All monsters are human, you are a monster.

ItsTommyBitch

Like his vocals better mostly, but the chorus falls flat here... I like the tone of his voice more though, Gaga's version sounds kind of campy because of her delivery style, which I like, but I think the song would sound more sincere if she sang it straighter if that makes sense :emma:

Not sure why they didn't just make this a duet though tbh :duck:ย 

ย 

ย 

็ง่‡ช่บซใ‚‚ใ“ใฎไธ–ใฎไธญใ‚‚่ชฐใ‚‚ใ‹ใ‚Œใ‚‚ใŒ, ใฉใ‚“ใชใซ่ฏใ‚„ใ‹ใชไบบ็”Ÿใงใ‚‚, ใฉใ‚“ใชใซๆ‚ฒๆƒจใชไบบ็”Ÿใงใ‚‚, ใ„ใคใ‹ใฏๅค‰่ฒŒใ—, ็ ดๅฃŠใ•ใ‚Œใ€ๆถˆๆป…ใ—ใฆใ—ใพใ†. ใ™ในใฆใŒใ‚‚ใจใ‚‚ใจใ“ใฎไธ–ใซๅญ˜ๅœจใ—ใชใ„ไธ€็žฌใฎๅนปๆƒณใชใฎใ ใ‹ใ‚‰

16 minutes ago, Sister Jude said:

She should had skip this song, is forgettable and now knowing was a demo from a random. ย ย :sweat:ย She need more Gaga originals to shook the critics.ย :giveup:

No way it's not forgettable, it's one of the more stand out songs on the album and my favorite :)

That being said, I love this demo too :nick:

ย 

ย 

๐™ธ'๐š– ๐šŠ ๐š“๐š˜๐š›๐š๐šœ ๐šŠ๐š—๐š ๐š“๐šŽ๐š•๐š•๐šข ๐šœ๐š‘๐š˜๐šŽ๐šœ ๐š”๐š’๐š—๐š ๐š˜๐š ๐š๐š’๐š›๐š•.

FATCAT
56 minutes ago, Enigma said:

This does not mean Gaga did not write it. They both wrote it and this could have just been a test as to how the song would sound with him.

I don't believe that for a second. It was probably his demo, his song, and he gave it to her. Like Illusions with Kevin Parker, except he wrote most of it.

Purr more, hiss less.

do youย really think they should make it a duet:saladga:?
you want Father John Misty to call himself "mama"???????ย :duck:

ย 

Spoiler

I could be everythingย 
I could be mom (Unless you want to be dad):gaycat:
Government Hooker teas

ย 

I like his version better, especially the chorus. But Gaga's is good too.

Edit: a duet would be fantastic, I concur.

Chelseaaaaaa

It's a little contradictory to dragย Madonna, unintentionally or not, about songwriting then have something like this revealed. It makes me wonder how much of a hand she has in the songs she writes as a whole. I believe she's a songwriter and love her contributions but between this & 'Perfect Illusion' it seems like she took a huge step back this album. I actually made note to a friend that this record has lyrics that aren't very Gaga-esque, but never thought this could be the reason.

RainingOnMe

Am I the only one who doesn't know who this is?ย 

I prefer Gaga's version... her vocals >>>ย 

This just sounds like a country singer covering the trackย :emma:

ryhanna

I don't give a damn who wrote it, it's one of my favourites on the album and Gaga's version sounds beautiful.

This version is great too, but Gaga's feels so alive

RainingOnMe
11 minutes ago, Chelsea Symona said:

It's a little contradictory to dragย Madonna, unintentionally or not, about songwriting then have something like this revealed. It makes me wonder how much of a hand she has in the songs she writes as a whole. I believe she's a songwriter and love her contributions but between this & 'Perfect Illusion' it seems like she took a huge step back this album. I actually made note to a friend that this record has lyrics that aren't very Gaga-esque, but never thought this could be the reason.

Gaga didn't "drag Madonna," the fans always fight between her and Madonna all the time. Constantly. So to make that argument as if that's Gaga's problem is totally invalid. Just because she wasn't the main writer for TWO out of FOURTEEN tracks doesn't mean she "took a huge step back." What a ridiculous statement. It means that she opened up to the flux of other ideas and creativity other than her own. It's good to take from another side than your own once in a while.ย 

Chelseaaaaaa
2 minutes ago, Aluminum said:

Gaga didn't "drag Madonna," the fans always fight between her and Madonna all the time. Constantly. So to make that argument as if that's Gaga's problem is totally invalid. Just because she wasn't the main writer for TWO out of FOURTEEN tracks doesn't mean she "took a huge step back." What a ridiculous statement. It means that she opened up to the flux of other ideas and creativity other than her own. It's good to take from another side than your own once in a while.ย 

I personally don't think she should be high and mighty about writing ALL of her songs, then getย exposed like this. She writes most of her songs and that's okay, but perhaps she should say that. It can be a little misleading and more importantly, it gives people an excuse to come @ her.ย Btw, while Iย do feel like she dragged Madonnaย I don't think that was her intent. As a Gaga fan I've accepted the way she words things will often be to her detriment.ย 

6 hours ago, Brie Candy said:

Perfect Illusion for example it is the "child" of Kevin Parker, this and Come To Mama are the only songs on the album that Gaga is not the main writer, but she was the part of the creation

Maybe that explains why they are the two worst songs on the album.ย 

troyepiphany.gif

ย 

ย 

6 hours ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

So she didn't write it?

The album booklet makes it pretty clear that he wrote most of the song.

ย 

This isn't directed at you but some people here areย pretty ridiculous. It's not contradictory when he is listed first in the writing credits. Where did Gaga claim to have written this song?

I feel like the song is about Hillary and that's why Gaga wanted it on the album.

Archived