celeb

Gaga DRAGS the NYT for their 'Joanne' review

StarstruckIllusion

Featured Posts

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shipper

I 100% support Gaga and her dragging the Chainsmokers and this random guy and that Madonna fan. 

They need to understand she will not be messed with. As a person, I think this is such a human thing to do. If i were her,  I would drag them too after being quiet and nice for YEARS. She's a little passive aggressive and she is allowed to post comebacks to DEFEND herself. She is not attacking anybody unprovoked. :hug:

Emotions go both ways. She is emotional and puts her heart in her work. This album is not just a manufactured album written by 300 people with the purpose of commercial success. JOANNE is something personal, like a memoir, and I would defend it too if I was her. 

I love her. 

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

56 minutes ago, LG said:

she needs to stop for real 

Um NO, she kept it "classy" for too long, she works her butt off for years to release a good albums but seems like no matter how good the material is she'll always be treated unfairly just cause she's a strong, outspoken, controversial woman. Dissing her has been cool for too long, and when she calls them out suddenly they lose their balls. It doesn't pay to be good 
VruSabu.jpg

Edit: **** y'all hypocrites who hate her for calling out the haters yet you Stan for Rihanna's behavior. 
VruSabu.jpg

Katie14
34 minutes ago, SKANK said:

The "critic" discussed her music, her public persona, and her impact on pop culture which is exactly what a "critic" at the New York Times should do, specifically when reviewing a Lady Gaga album, as she has always been a public figure who is driven in large part by her image. The NYT isn't a music publication, and it's readers aren't interested in a muso writing a detailed dissection of an album track by track, they are there to give a review of an album in the context it's influences and impact on culture. 

To respond to a negative review by invoking the name of Trayvon Martin is beyond tacky.

I don't think its fair to give a lower number ranking based on factors outside the music, even if the written part of the review discusses that stuff. 

16 minutes ago, SKANK said:

The song doesn't explicitly reference Trayvon or BLM, no critic would know what that song is about. Telling the world what that song is about as a response to a negative review is tacky.

It's not that hard (even for a a "normal" /re: non-critic/ listener) to deduce that the song is about how the current society is warped with violence and injustice, the BLM movement being at the forefront of that. The NYT "review" has not only failed to recognize the obvious, but has also **** on it in the most mindless, least critical way. Gaga must have felt the need to then explicitly reveal her inspiration, as the "critic" has failed to grasp that.

Which is an actual irony, to be honest, as critics are known to be scholars - you know, people who dig deeper in the material they're reviewing to form and give a more profound and overall smarter review - of the field they're critiquing in. Jon is indeed a curious case.

Queen Gloria

I didn't know that's what AD was about, that adds a new level of meaning to it. 

Good, this isn't just her being upset at the critic not liking the music, this album is inspired by so many things, one of the main being her late Aunt Joanne, so saying she needs inspiration probably feels like the biggest slap in the face, plus she's dragging him gracefully

He/They

doppelganger

She shouldn't have addressed the critic. 

And we should stop expecting Joanne to have Lemonade like reviews. 

Lextyr97

You guys act like she's calling the guy a piece of **** or something. She feels disrespected for working her damn ass off on this magnificent album just to have it absolutely dragged because the reviewer doesn't know that an album review is about the music and not the artist 💀 Gaga did not say ANYTHING offensive to the reviewer. At all. She called him out and still kept it classy. I applaud her for standing up for her work in this way.

39 minutes ago, Assarrai said:

Um NO, she kept it "classy" for too long, she works her butt off for years to release a good albums but seems like no matter how good the material is she'll always be treated unfairly just cause she's a strong, outspoken, controversial woman. Dissing her has been cool for too long, and when she calls them out suddenly they lose their balls. It doesn't pay to be good 
VruSabu.jpg

Edit: **** y'all hypocrites who hate her for calling out the haters yet you Stan for Rihanna's behavior. 
VruSabu.jpg

Lmao who is this woman? I keep seeing her in gifs

Lord Temptation

I love how she is shaming him in front of his bosses, in front of the world. Take it like a bitch, Jon.

Archived