Featured Posts

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
crisTEAne

i LOVE the song, but i ADORE the intro. instant BOP. :giveup:

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

imnotyourbabe10

It's a great, fun song...just kinda sad that with this album cycle (and with JW specifically), it is kinda evident that she isn't attempting to overthrow the social/cultural norms like she used to and is instead "reifying", say, gender norms (as heard in JW lyrics, for example).

Reification is "when you think of or treat something abstract as a physical thing.  Reification is a complex idea for when you treat something immaterial — like happiness, fear, or evil — as a material thing. This can be a way of making something concrete and easier to understand, like how a wedding ring is the reification of a couple's love. However, reification is often considered a sign that someone is thinking illogically. For example, if you think of justice as something physical, you're confusing ideas and things, which can lead to problems" (Vocabulary.com is the source)

[I am not complaining..haven't heard the full record...just reflecting and will of course purchase a hard copy/vinyl/digital/etc].  Gonna be an interesting era. 

HOTNebraskaGuy

It sounds like a Stevie Nicks song meets funk. :golfclap: :diane:

One, five, ten lay a million on me

Infinity Wave
1 hour ago, GreekGod said:

BEST. On the album.

quote me I m ready

HERE I AM QUOTING THE MOST TRUE STATEMENT OF THE CENTURY

THAT BRIGDE IS EVERYTHING 

Colourful

arthurhmangum

Bitch out here screaming about cowboys and ****, and then giving us a BANGER OF A SONG! Catch me moving to a ranch to get some cowboy ****!

tumblr_inline_oelx4cojRE1r0xrb0_500.gif

Stressed, depressed, but well dressed.

HOTNebraskaGuy
1 minute ago, arthurhmangum said:

Bitch out here screaming about cowboys and ****, and then giving us a BANGER OF A SONG! Catch me moving to a ranch to get some cowboy ****!

tumblr_inline_oelx4cojRE1r0xrb0_500.gif

Girl YES!

One, five, ten lay a million on me

display name

Bop Wayne's as good as the snippet led me to believe. Perfection tbh. At first tho, I was surprised at how different Gaga sounded in the verses. I was like who dis? Caught me offguard but a bop nonetheless. 

This song reminds me of Electric Chapel, maybe  distant cousins or something like that? :laughga:

The (dat - doo - deet - doe)
(dat - doo - deet - doe, dat - doo - deet - doe) sounds are reminiscent of that song imo

Infinity Wave
2 minutes ago, Creyk said:

This song reminds me of Electric Chapel, maybe  distant cousins or something like that? :laughga:

The (dat - doo - deet - doe)
(dat - doo - deet - doe, dat - doo - deet - doe) sounds are reminiscent of that song imo

Yes but JW>>>>>>>>>>>>EC

tbh all JOANNE>>>>>>>>>everything else

Colourful

I thought this would be the most country genre-like song until I heard the snippet. :toofunny: Otherwise this song is a bop!

lavenderblondee

Just how I expected, one of my favorites off the album.

The way she screams "Can you go FASTER"

tumblr_inline_od7uh389se1qc3yrx_500.gif

I almost fell out of my chair

• Haroon unpinned this topic

Archived