💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

other

Anthony Fantano praising MR

monsterdino

Featured Posts

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The songs on that thing [The Fame Monster] are produced well, and overall it's really concise release, very lean. And even though Gaga soaks herself in this persona - this image - her music, at the time... stuck to those basics of what makes popular music so enjoyable.

Plus it was nice to have a diva of Gaga's popularity to embrace influences of Queen, Soft Cell, The Beatles, and Madonna."

IUhaIcY.jpg

Lance Vance
53 minutes ago, Klou said:

ARTPOP would be praised to the high heavens by this fanbase if it had a high Metacritic score. 

It would have gotten a high score if it was a great album. See it goes both ways :hor:

monsterdino
4 minutes ago, Lance Vance said:

It would have gotten a high score if it was a great album. See it goes both ways :hor:

It was great, everyone loved it since the Aura demo leak but then after few months of the album being released everyone hated it bc it flopped and the era was a mess aka that's why it flopped bc of her manager leaving aka that's why it had low metacritic bc it wasn't well known and no one was praising it (like Lemonade everyone praised it and was very well known and bc of that it had high metacritic). If Gaga released TFM today and if it flopped all of you would hated it, even Telephone was praised and that's one of Gaga's WORST songs.

raw

Lance Vance
Just now, monsterdino said:

It was great, everyone loved it since the aura demo leak but then after few months everyone hated it bc it flopped and the era was a mess aka that's why it flopped bc of her manager leaving aka that's why it had low metacritic bc it wasn't well known and no one was praising it (like Lemonade everyone praised and was very well known and bc of that it had high metacritic). If Gaga released TFM today and if it flopped all of you would hated it, even Telephone was praised and that's one of Gaga's WORST songs.

raw

Telephone has great production and melodies, I have a friend who knows everything about music and he calls Gaga derivative but he still loves that song.

Critics give amazing scores to albums that flop all the time like how many people in the GP know Nick Cave's Skeleton Tree? They just judge the music and they're less biased than stans and they have more musical knowledge so I trust them more even if I still bop to music regardless of how they feel about it :shrug:

Lance Vance
7 minutes ago, LilVenusian said:

Joanne's coming to scalp the critics :giveup:

I thought they would hate it after PI but after hearing the rest I think it will get her highest score or second after TFM :golfclap:

monsterdino
2 minutes ago, Lance Vance said:

I thought they would hate it after PI but after hearing the rest I think it will get her highest score or second after TFM :golfclap:

definitely HIGHER than TFM

robboadam
11 minutes ago, monsterdino said:

It was great, everyone loved it since the Aura demo leak but then after few months of the album being released everyone hated it bc it flopped and the era was a mess aka that's why it flopped bc of her manager leaving aka that's why it had low metacritic bc it wasn't well known and no one was praising it (like Lemonade everyone praised it and was very well known and bc of that it had high metacritic). If Gaga released TFM today and if it flopped all of you would hated it, even Telephone was praised and that's one of Gaga's WORST songs.

raw

Critics hated it though:

http://www.spin.com/2013/08/lady-gaga-aura-leak-ARTPOP-burqa/

http://www.idolator.com/7475609/lady-gaga-burqa-leak-new-song

monsterdino

Telephone has great production and melodies, I have a friend who knows everything about music and he calls Gaga derivative but he still loves that song.

Critics give amazing scores to albums that flop all the time like how many people in the GP know Nick Cave's Skeleton Tree? They just judge the music and they're less biased than stans and they have more musical knowledge so I trust them more even if I still bop to music regardless of how they feel about it :shrug:

Nope it's not the same stuff bc Nick Cave is not very well known as Gaga, if you have a BIG singer release a FLOP album then it will get low scores and if "flop" singer releases a flop album then maybe it will get high or low scores, it's not the same thing

LilVenusian

She coming for that Lemonade type praise :giveup: Scalping the critics with her musical versatility and newfound lyrical depth :giveup:  Don't underestimate the queen :giveup:

Lance Vance
5 minutes ago, monsterdino said:

Nope it's not the same stuff bc Nick Cave is not very well known as Gaga, if you have a BIG singer release a FLOP album then it will get low scores and if "flop" singer releases a flop album then maybe it will get high or low scores, it's not the same thing

Do you have any examples of that? Katy and Miley got the same scores as Gaga that year and they were super successful and Miley was one of the most hyped artists of the year.

monsterdino
8 minutes ago, Lance Vance said:

Do you have any examples of that? Katy and Miley got the same scores as Gaga that year and they were super successful and Miley was one of the most hyped artists of the year.

Not true, the singles YES, the albums NO

Nobody talked about the albums (Prism and Bangerz) like they talked about Lemonade or 25, only the singles were successful and were listened to a lot, but that was IT, plus Miley was successful but in a negative kind of way because her video and performance were shocking and everybody was dragging her

Exapmle for my point on "if you have a BIG singer release a FLOP album then it will get low scores" is American Life by Madonna.

His reviews often times make no sense, but I still love him for eviscerating Miley's Dead Petz thing. :ladyhaha:

1 hour ago, monsterdino said:

I hope he's not being sarcastic on this video :awkney:

I think Fandango is being serious. 

Archived