I think it's time for some monsters to leave

Rocketno10

Featured Posts

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SychosSoChic
3 minutes ago, BlaqJezus said:

One of the biggest differences in these types of threads, is that most of the points made about disliking the album, fall into the category of: "I didn't expect this from the artist I have known for a while" or "She is a pop star, and this isn't pop" or "I hate country, I waited so long for this". Which, while all are fine reasons to dislike something, they are also obvious and don't need too much repeating.

Some of us enjoy this music because we know the roots of it, both from the artist it comes from and the genre and era of music it was inspired by. It connects with us in a real soulful way, and we enjoy it because it is personal to us. We aren't just stans, we are fans of this music and this artist. We love it because it touches us and not because we "love anything she ever does", which isn't the case.

An example being: "Just Dance". It took me years to love this song. It wasn't actually until much later that I finally got a hold of a slightly better quality version of the Marc Jacobs acoustic cut, that I began to enjoy it for what it was. And Brown Eyes I still don't like, I don't think I ever really will like that song. But I have yet to come on GGD and make a thread specifically about it, or try to burst bubbles over it at every turn, and I wouldn't have done that at the time if it were possible either, because it wasn't worth my time. Sharing a connection, and deep love of her music is a little more worth my time.

It has already been said by others here, but the point of this is, we understand you don't like it, and we understand this is a public forum, but having an opinion on something doesn't mean you always have to voice it, particularly if that opinion in no way adds anything to the conversation the way many of the more positive opinions of this thread have. The soul of Gaga is still in this music, her artistic soul never really leaves in fact, but if that doesn't speak to you anymore then I truly do feel sorry, because it spoke to me in a new way I never thought it could, just like it has with every album. Just give the album a chance, because never have I been able to tell from 2-3 songs, what her whole album will sound like. Maybe you will find something you like, and something that makes you want to stick around and add something to this fanbase besides negativity over something out of your control.

Β 

I don't agree with you.

I hate Trump but I'm not going to force him to not voice his opinions.

If you have an opinion and you want to voice it, VOICE IT. People died so we could speak our mind, just because you love the soul in the song and the amazing artistry that you see doesn't mean the rest of us will.

And quote me. When did I actually drag the song? All I've said is I don't like the song, stated why and stated that I will wait until I have the album. There was never dragging, there was never negativity, there was never a threat to leave. I don't know why you're trying to project these things onto me, but that's your issue not mine.

There is no negativity, just me and @Chic telling ya'll that your opinions are just as valid as the people you're all denouncing. That is all.

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

7 minutes ago, AlexanderLevi2 said:

:oprah:

It's fine to have opinions on music... If you like dance tracks, that's great. But that's not the only thing out there.

If someone feels REALLY passionate about bops... Good for themΒ :golfclap:

But life is better experienced when trying things you don't usually like.

That's great, im like you and I'm glad you live your life that way. Let's get a round of applause for Alexander.

But not everyone does. Some people have a certain taste for certain things and you guys don't need to sh*t on them for disliking certain things that don't resonate with them.

AlexanderLevi2
Just now, Ryl said:

That's great, im like you and I'm glad you live your life that way. Let's get a round of applause for Alexander.

But not everyone does. Some people have a certain taste for certain things and you guys don't need to sh*t on them for disliking certain things.Β 

You are twisting my words in a horrible fashion.

I'm saying that just because it's not what you expected or wanted doesn't make it BAD music.:oprah:

But there are those on this forum who think that it is SIMPLY not good because it's not twerk worthy.

Currently listening to Joanne

1 minute ago, Chic said:

No, it's a word.

Were you using it as an adjective? Or just a word, floating aimlessly like a fart with no object. Towards whom were you directing the word? Give it some substance. Challenge yourself.

BlaqJezus
Just now, SychosSoChic said:

I don't agree with you.

I hate Trump but I'm not going to force him to not voice his opinions.

If you have an opinion and you want to voice it, VOICE IT. People died so we could speak our mind, just because you love the soul in the song and the amazing artistry that you see doesn't mean the rest of us will.

And quote me. When did I actually drag the song? All I've said is I don't like the song, stated why and stated that I will wait until I have the album. There was never dragging, there was never negativity, there was never a threat to leave. I don't know why you're trying to project these things onto me, but that's your issue not mine.

There is no negativity, just me and @Chic telling ya'll that your opinions are just as valid as the people you're all denouncing. That is all.

Well part of your point was to defend people who are being negative about this song. Million Reasons has 3 meanings just from listening to it twice, one of those as a hymn in the moment before a person chooses to take their own life. Maybe help others think about the dimensions of the song, and help them voice their opinions in a way that isn't abrasive and ignorant of the people who could be/are being healed in ways by this music.

I think the most immature and unhealthy fans are the ones that in their eyes, Gaga or any artist they StanΒ can do NO wrong.

Β 

Kind of like religious people. God is all and mighty and anyone who disagrees is going to hell.Β 

4 minutes ago, later said:

Were you using it as an adjective? Or just a word, floating aimlessly like a fart with no object. Towards whom were you directing the word? Give it some substance. Challenge yourself.

Part of using your brain as you claim to do, is looking into implications and discovering the answer yourself. Unless of course you want me to baby you through a simple lesson in conversational subtleties to appease your passive aggressive nature. It's okay to disagree with me. Bye though

3 minutes ago, AlexanderLevi2 said:

You are twisting my words in a horrible fashion.

I'm saying that just because it's not what you expected or wanted doesn't make it BAD music.:oprah:

But there are those on this forum who think that it is SIMPLY not good because it's not twerk worthy.

yeah, it's not good music to them because that twerk worthy music is their taste. What part are you not picking up what I'm putting down?Β 

7 minutes ago, Chic said:

What about the obnoxious ones saying that those who don't like this music "don't understand it" or "don't understand where the music came from and are just too juvenile to comprehend it"? That's just a way of feeling superior for liking the sudden change. It's like having the rug pulled out from everyone, and then each of the people who are still left standing talks about how great their dexterity is.

Pull that rug out one more time in a different direction and you'll see how many of these "change lovers" fall. I really feel that some people only support the idea of a change in musical direction if they like it. If this was acapella screamo mixed with yodeling, I highly doubt most of you would be into it.

While I completely agree with you on the second paragraph I must say that regarding the part I bolded,Β is true, and it happens both ways, when you listen to a certain type of music and it reminds you of the past and you pretty much hear history in it you enjoy it a lot more than if its your first time exposed to the genre, so yes, being too young can affect your enjoyment of it, and its not your fault.

Example, at 1:13 aprox of MR studio theres this lil silent guitar note right after the chorus, that little simple thing that most fans would see as a meaningless cute little detail, takes me back 18 years ago listening to Pink Floyd with my family at night the day we got our new puppy that just recently passed away, as Pink Floyd was known for those kind of lil details that filled the athmosphere of their music.

Maybe im just lucky that she picked this direction instead of the yodeling, but this direction is much more enjoyable if you know where it comes from

AlexanderLevi2
Just now, Ryl said:

yeah, it's not good music to them because that twerk worthy music is their taste. What part are you not picking up what I'm putting down?Β 

Oh my god.

I can't anymore.

Yes, they don't like it BUT that doesn't mean it is BAD. Bad to them but it's amazing to others.

Currently listening to Joanne

Just now, AlexanderLevi2 said:

Oh my god.

I can't anymore.

Yes, they don't like it BUT that doesn't mean it is BAD. Bad to them but it's amazing to others.

EXACTLY my point!!! BAD to them could be amazing to others and vice versa. So don't crucify one another because you don't share the same taste in music and your taste in music might be more broad than theirs.

again, what part are you not picking up that I'm putting down?Β 

Dominic
16 minutes ago, AlexanderLevi2 said:

Where have you beenΒ :poot:

Oh come on let's be honest how often are these threads created daily? It's not as often you see an actual attack on a song or Gaga. It was much worse during AP and yet we still didn't have all this bickering.Β 

Β 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

I don't mind opinions on the song but some people are attacking her personally saying she's unauthentic and it's a flop or whatever. That's just plain rude and if she saw it she would be so disappointed, whether you like the music style or not she's clearly put her heart and soul into this music and I hate the fact that people on here don't even care about how it could make her feel.Β 

Archived