💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
funny

Zachary Campbell is NOT having it

Luna Lovegood

Featured Posts

djBuffoon

Love Zachary's reactions. And I appreciate his honesty.

But I also appreciate his understanding that Gaga's failure to match his expectations (in this case) is not her fault.  It's no one's fault. It's not to his taste, and that's fine.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
djBuffoon
7 hours ago, Jed said:

What box? Jazz American horror story activism europop performance art classic tributes... her only box is that she doesn't have a box and maybe you shouldn't try and confine her like she's one of her monster high dolls

This :sharon: 

littlepotter
7 hours ago, high heeled fem said:

wq3Zq.gif

wq3Zq.gif

wq3Zq.gif

at least he's been honest! Unlike you other's fooling yourself! Glad he's bringing the tea and not being fake 

(he loved PI for the record, like I did 2)

hes not keen on the Christian vibes either that this song reeks :sick:

Yes, we're all fooling ourselves and not admitting that we actually hate the song :giggle: Because we'd feel weird about having a negative opinion on Gaga, like NOBODY else has anything negative to say about the song, so we lie to ourselves.

chaeri pls

Sizzily
7 hours ago, Edonis said:

It was folk. I went to a Baptist school for much of my life. As a gay, raised in a Muslim family, youth. InTexas. I know Christian rock. That was not Christian rock. People (like yourself I guess) are calling these things country and whatever, but that's folk music. Not country. 

Exactly. It is not country. Apparently you have to live in the south/Midwest to understand that. :toofunny:

One Banned Boi

Shadowcrest
8 hours ago, Wild said:

She's literally said herself "when you think you know Lady Gaga I want to prove you don't." 

But yes the Pop Star turned Jazz Singer turned Actress is definetly easy to pin down and keep in a box. It's not like she's known for changing rapidly or anything or even "being every icon" she has in no way limited herself.  

The only people creating this box are fans who are afraid of a little change and anything that doesn't sound like a synth. 

This music feels a lot more aunthentic then anything she's ever released. It's actually personal and you can see how it connects with her it's not just asking your gay friends their advice before you get a spray tan. 

I wouldn't even almost call this authentic. What part of that word reads putting on a fake country accent and singing about god and breakups? 

I'm not afraid of change when it's natural. Too many fans expect you to follow Gaga unconditionally, and that's not realistic. 

Shadowcrest
8 hours ago, PaperIz said:

How can we decide what's natural and authentic for her though? We don't even know her :oprah:

You match it up to other music she said is a representation of herself. It's just not even almost the same. Unless she was lying and now thinks just because she flopped for a while it means she can go on dive bar tours and perform country music and sell it as her authentic self.

GagaXCupcakke

Wow I didn't know he actually had real opinions. In every other review he just yells, "yaassss" even when the song is shitty 

ThatAsianGuy

His pretentious af so i dont believe him. Once Joanne drops hell be stanning again and make overreacted reaction videos.:nails:

DontDoubtDavid

I think he's right. People say he's a fake fan, but he's speaking his mind. It's kinda like finding out someone you know is gay or trans. You still love them, but it's like a shock and you have to adjust. He was not negative at all, he just said its not what he expected.

River

If it was Adele singing this song the reactions would be different..:madge:

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

TheBatman
Just now, River said:

If it was Adele singing this song the reactions would be different..:madge:

Probably, because to my ears I don't like how Gaga is singing these songs, she screamed and screeched so much of that dive bar show.

PaperIz
25 minutes ago, Themysciran said:

You match it up to other music she said is a representation of herself. It's just not even almost the same. Unless she was lying and now thinks just because she flopped for a while it means she can go on dive bar tours and perform country music and sell it as her authentic self.

She's experimenting and growing as an artist. Regular pop music very literally almost killed her. She's always gonna change. Each time in her life, eaxh representation is gonna be different because she's always gonna change, we all do. She's not the same person as she was un 2008/9 for the Fame. like with my drawings, I don't draw the same as 2008, why should Gaga limit herself? Plus she started out in rock so I don't wanna hear this nonsense. If she wants to make a country album, then she should. It's her music and this is the music she feels passionately about right now. If you don't like it, fine, but don't you dare tell her not to make it or that it's not authentic. you don't know her

8 hours ago, high heeled fem said:

I'm saying MR is so bad - you must be. Unless your digging the Christian vibes 

this thread is all about MR btw... That's what Zach is talking about 

I bet if Gaga released Amazing Grace with a boppy sickening house beat behind you bottoms would declare it your new anthem. just because Gaga says she prays in a song doesn't mean it's gospel lol. She mentioned God in many songs before and I didn't see anyone complaining.

River
40 minutes ago, TheBatman said:

Probably, because to my ears I don't like how Gaga is singing these songs, she screamed and screeched so much of that dive bar show.

Adele is doing it too.. :huh:

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

I don't agree with his taste (I really think Million Reasons is actually one of the best things she has ever wrote) but his critique seems fair and at least he can acknowledge that it's just not for his taste. 

Archived